Official Street Fighter IV Thread

Can't wait for Street Fighter V. As for this will wait a few years before I get it cheap. Have plenty of other beat'em ups to get through before that.

You can get SSFIV: AE right now, on Live, for $15 on sale. And then another $15 next year for USFIV. If you wait until next year, it'll probably be harder to get it for any cheaper, I wager.

Anyone playing SF3 on Live? I was thinking about jumping on the sale. I have not played this game in like 3 years, would love to get back into it.

You can get SSFIV: AE right now, on Live, for $15 on sale. And then another $15 next year for USFIV. If you wait until next year, it'll probably be harder to get it for any cheaper, I wager.
I have that game already but thanks. For that sort of price I'll definitely pick up USFIV when it gets there. Not super excited for it but I'll eventually play every Street Fighter game. Don't mind being milked at those kind of prices but I'll only consider paying anywhere near full price on a fully new Street Fighter game or something like a Street Fighter X Tekken.

Anyone playing SF3 on Live? I was thinking about jumping on the sale. I have not played this game in like 3 years, would love to get back into it.
I bought and played it about 6 months ago and at that time was able to find opponents on Live without too much delay.

I have that game already but thanks. For that sort of price I'll definitely pick up USFIV when it gets there. Not super excited for it but I'll eventually play every Street Fighter game. Don't mind being milked at those kind of prices but I'll only consider paying anywhere near full price on a fully new Street Fighter game or something like a Street Fighter X Tekken.

Oh, are you talking about USFIV physical release? Because you can get the DLC to upgrade AE to it for $15 as soon as it's released. Unless you don't do DL releases.

Oh, are you talking about USFIV physical release? Because you can get the DLC to upgrade AE to it for $15 as soon as it's released. Unless you don't do DL releases.
I was talking about the physical release but I didn't realise you could upgrade like that. Might consider that then when I've cleared all my other fighting games.

Yeah, if I understood correctly, it will upgrade either version of SSFIV. It's still not coming to 2014, so there's plenty of time.

I wonder what that means though if you have the original SSFIV. Will it just add these new characters and stages or will the additions from the AE be added as well

I would assume so, because if not, why would you make it upgradable from both versions of the game? If you went from SSFIV to Ultra you'd get all the tweaks, balances, and new stuff, but missing four characters you can't get outside buying AE. Seems they would clarify that you would have to upgrade from that version if that were the case. But I really don't know if that's been clarified.

Also, I didn't realize this has been revealed yet, but here are the 6 new stages in Ultra, as well as pre-order bonus costumes for 4 of the 5 known new characters.

http://www.heavy.com/games/2013/07/ultra-street-fighter-4-dlc-update-capcom-fighting-games/

The final USFIV character has been revealed. Its Decapre

usfiv_decapre.jpg

usfiv_decapre_art_02.png

http://shoryuken.com/2014/03/16/cap...tra-street-fighter-ivs-fifth-roster-addition/

I never even knew this character existed

I hope the 5th character isn't another Karate related character or evil version. Like Evil Ken or something like that.
haha, looks like its Evil Cammy

Last edited:
The final USFIV character has been revealed. Its Decapre

usfiv_decapre.jpg

usfiv_decapre_art_02.png

http://shoryuken.com/2014/03/16/cap...tra-street-fighter-ivs-fifth-roster-addition/

I never even knew this character existed

haha, looks like its Evil Cammy

To be fair, this character does exist in Street Fighter canon. She's Cammy's imperfect clone. One of many attempts before Bison created the Cammy we know today. Still not gonna buy Ultra for this, but I think it's cool. Maybe in Ultra Turbo HD Edition Max they'll give us Juni and Juli.
1065112-decapre.jpg
101062-67131-decapre.jpg

Last edited:
I know a heck of a lot about the MK universe but I can't even name half a dozen characters who weren't in SFII. :p

Alex, Q, R. Mika, and Karin got passed over....for this? She couldn't be Cammy's alternate outfit?

so a cross between Cammy and Bison??

never ever heard of her before, but I admit, she does look kind of cool.

but then I'm a fan of Cammy.

so it looks like she's using Psycho Drive in her attacks ( the purple energy flame thing )?

What a fu**ing waste! I'm glad Hugo was added, but this update was a lazy port. I'll wait for a real update when they give me character I want: Alex, Birdie, Charlie, Q, Mika, and Sodom!

What a fu**ing waste! I'm glad Hugo was added, but this update was a lazy port. I'll wait for a real update when they give me character I want: Alex, Birdie, Charlie, Q, Mika, and Sodom!

wait for SF V then bc I suspect this will be the last major update to SF IV. Its 6 years old now. think the next time we see SF, it will be the sequel for the next gen consoles, possibly in 2016 or 2017

To be fair, this character does exist in Street Fighter canon. She's Cammy's imperfect clone. One of many attempts before Bison created the Cammy we know today. Still not gonna buy Ultra for this, but I think it's cool. Maybe in Ultra Turbo HD Edition Max they'll give us Juni and Juli.
1065112-decapre.jpg
101062-67131-decapre.jpg

I know who the character is, but it still feels like a big waste of a slot.

wait for SF V then bc I suspect this will be the last major update to SF IV. Its 6 years old now. think the next time we see SF, it will be the sequel for the next gen consoles, possibly in 2016 or 2017

wow.....hard to believe SF IV is 6 years old now......with a gazillion versions of it released........lol

Eh, just 4 versions. :p And if you owned Super, two of those versions were basically DLC.

Well take into account Capcom's finances, it shouldn't be a surprise shortcuts were made.

Eh, just 4 versions. :p And if you owned Super, two of those versions were basically DLC.

Well take into account Capcom's finances, it shouldn't be a surprise shortcuts were made.

well more than that. Here's what I posted when the news was announced last summer:

Street Fighter IV (2008)
Super Street Fighter IV (2010)
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (2011)
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012 (2011)
Ultra Street Fighter IV (2014)

not to mention:
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (2011)
Street Fighter IV: Volt (2011)

Capcom has definetly milked this game. That is alot of releases/updates in 6 years

You know, the problem was making retail releases of Arcade Edition and Ultra and giving them different names. AE2011 was a glorified DLC character pack + balance patch, AE2012 was just a update patch and Ultra is the same as AE2011, a character pack DLC and balance patch. Ultra is Capcom's version of Injusice Ultra Edition or MK Kompleate Edition.

Last edited:
too bad they're not releasing Ultra on the PS4 and X1.

due to the scarcity of games on both systems, it would have been nice to have another fighting game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"