Official Street Fighter IV Thread

I skipped some of the costume packs in AE, this edition combines all the DLC into one. Sounds okay, though I wonder how they've balanced everyone again.

Hold up so all the costume packs will be in the DLC upgrade version as well? I thought that was just going to be in the retail package? That's amazing value for $15 then if you can get that plus the new characters and stages for that price

From what I read, no, the costumes don't come with the DLC. It's an incentive for buying the retail version. I believe I also read there's some pre-order bonus costumes being made for it, too.

Its just shocking that they are doing this so late in the console generation as SFIV will have been released 6 years ago by the time this comes out. And with them having moved onto SFxTK, I really thought they were done with IV and the next thing would be a proper SF V. Guess not. Wonder if this new edition will be released on the PS4 and One. If so, it would be the first fighter announced for the PS4 at least

Anyways the last version of SFIV I played was the original Super. I never got into AE. I have it sitting on my HDD as it was offered through PS Plus

It'll be a good 2-3 years into the next gen before we see an actual SFV, I suspect. They can get their milking fixes with vs games and re-releases of the previous version. I like that idea more myself. I feel like keeping the actual numbered series as more of an event is better, and will hopefully keep in making them high quality. I would hate for SFV to basically be SFIV with some tweaks here and there. I want a refine that stays in line from the jump from SFII to SFIII, and from SFIII to SFIV.

From what I read, no, the costumes don't come with the DLC. It's an incentive for buying the retail version. I believe I also read there's some pre-order bonus costumes being made for it, too.

It'll be a good 2-3 years into the next gen before we see an actual SFV, I suspect. They can get their milking fixes with vs games and re-releases of the previous version. I like that idea more myself. I feel like keeping the actual numbered series as more of an event is better, and will hopefully keep in making them high quality. I would hate for SFV to basically be SFIV with some tweaks here and there. I want a refine that stays in line from the jump from SFII to SFIII, and from SFIII to SFIV.
I think they dilute that though by still continuing on with SFIV. They should take a break from it and leave it behind. Let a void be created that SF V will need to fill. Make people wait for and miss the series. They were actually doing a good job of that and then here we are with an announcement of another SF IV coming out next year.

If this is the last release, then it'll still be a void if they don't release SFV for another, say, 3 years. I'm okay with that. It was only a three year gap between II and III, I believe. The main reason there was such a void between III and IV is that the genre was essentially dead for a very long stretch of time.

I think just leaving SFIV alone isn't the best option. It's still popular, and it's still the premier competitive fighter since probably SFIII. It's understandable to want and create more content for the hardcore who are still playing.

Indeed. Street Fighter IV has been the fighting game since it was originally released. It has a very large and very active community, and it generates millions of dollars through all the tournaments and such. I don't see why there needs to be a "void". All Capcom needs to do is ensure that SFV feels like some real next level ****, instead of SFIV with better graphics or whatever, and people will flock to it.

Well, I guess you could see that void as a type of anticipation. People might be numb to the hype if there's been a steady stream of stuff. I would say one of the reasons SFIV lit up the world was because the genre had been slumped for so long, that the splash it created was amplified in the still ocean.

But I do agree overall with what you're saying. The anticipation was only one feature that sparked it's impact. A minor one, probably. It mostly came from the the fact that the game was too cool for school. A void really isn't needed as long as SFV lives up the numbered expectations.

so yet another version of SF IV??

I wonder if this will get a next-gen port, too.

I don't mind the multiple releases this generation, thanks to the fact that you can just download the Update. So you don't have to buy the re-release every time. And $15 for 5 characters is a good deal.

I wish they would have put Q in the game. Oh well, maybe in SF5.

I don't mind the multiple releases this generation, thanks to the fact that you can just download the Update. So you don't have to buy the re-release every time. And $15 for 5 characters is a good deal.
You couldnt for the original Super SF IV

I wish they would have put Q in the game. Oh well, maybe in SF5.

Him or Alex would've been great. Unfortunately, the 5th reveal will most likely be some sh**ty ass character nobody wants to play because that's how Capcom trolls.

Skullomania should be the secret character.

Now, that would be something, wouldn't it? :)

Nice.

Was hoping for a longer name tho, love those long ass SF names like Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

Should of been Ultra Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2014
Pat, that's going to be the name of the next gen ports

Him or Alex would've been great. Unfortunately, the 5th reveal will most likely be some sh**ty ass character nobody wants to play because that's how Capcom trolls.

Now, that would be something, wouldn't it? :)

Dunno...Hakan and Juri were big hits. Juri more so than Hakan, but still.

eh, i'll wait for Super Street Fighter IV Ultra Mega Special Edition 3.

Makes you wonder if they will announced a new MvC3 by the end of the year

I know it's cool to hate Call of Duty, but Call of Duty isn't "repackaged with a few changes".

Can't wait for Street Fighter V. As for this will wait a few years before I get it cheap. Have plenty of other beat'em ups to get through before that.

No... No it isn't. Only the core gameplay remains the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"