• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Street Fighter IV Thread

What the F, a port of an old game has about a billion more features, including all the important ones, than MVC3, a 2011 game. I love the gameplay of Marvel the most of all of these fighters, but man that pisses me off about it.

What the F, a port of an old game has about a billion more features, including all the important ones, than MVC3, a 2011 game. I love the gameplay of Marvel the most of all of these fighters, but man that pisses me off about it.
Playing the demo and its really robust. Seems like there's a ton of challenges in the Challenge mode and I love that there's tons of little ones within gameplay (like perform X amount of super moves)

Anyways, Im in a gameshare group for this and MK Kollection. Looking forward to them!

Wow the port of SF3 is amazing. I didnt really get into it when it was first released and the largely brand new cast was a big turn off for that. They did a great job with this port and Im glad that they went above and beyond. The new artwork for the menus, the challenges and clever use of the screen's edge, the trials and of course online play. I almost expected to see them do what they did with MvC2 and SSF2HD but Capcom went above and beyond with this game.

I had no idea Hugo and Posion were in this. Was shocked to see them. I didnt realize Hugo was playable in a fighter and thought the upcoming SFxTK was gonna be the first

Oh and another thing is Im really digging the soundtrack

Canonically and chronologically speaking I believe that would still be correct. You're still fighting for the future. :up: :hehe:

SFIV takes in between SFII and III if I'm not mistaken.

& I assume it'll almost always be the 'last' SF game, since I doubt Capcom won't use the likes of Guile, Bison & Zangief in SF5.

Not counting the EX characters (unfortunately), I do believe there's about 50 Street Fighters character total. I'm hoping Street Fighter V will have just about everybody back.

The new artwork for the menus, the challenges and clever use of the screen's edge, the trials and of course online play. I almost expected to see them do what they did with MvC2 and SSF2HD but Capcom went above and beyond with this game.

Not fond of the new artwork or the 2011 remixes (except for Elena, Sean, and Urien), but everything else is great. I just wish Dudley never lost his Thunderbolt, it feels weird to play him knowing I'm missing a move. Thankfully, he got it back in SSFIV, but he should've never lost it to begin with.

Not counting the EX characters (unfortunately), I do believe there's about 50 Street Fighters character total. I'm hoping Street Fighter V will have just about everybody back.
I rememebr they did that with Street Fighter Alpha 3. They put in almost every single SF character to date (except the brand new SF3 ones). It was like a fan's dream

Canonically and chronologically speaking I believe that would still be correct. You're still fighting for the future. :up: :hehe:

SFIV takes in between SFII and III if I'm not mistaken.

Yep, that's correct. Also, a little bit of trivia for you guys, the "fight for the future" subtitle in Third Strike is a reference to Chun Li's comeback to the game series, and how she decides to stop being a police woman (after Shadaloo has dissapeared for good) and instead dedicates herself to raise and train little orphaned children, to contribute for better people, so she is "fighting for the future" at her own unique way.

I'm hoping Street Fighter V will have just about everybody back.

I hope for less than Super's 39. The more characters these games have, the less unique they become and the harder it becomes to balance the game.

Spider-Vader said:
& I assume it'll almost always be the 'last' SF game, since I doubt Capcom won't use the likes of Guile, Bison & Zangief in SF5.

Maybe. Street Fighter 3 took place in 1999. A Street Fighter 5 in present day could be interesting; how would Sakura, Sean, and the rest of the younger fighters play? What changes could we see in the original cast? Trying to squeeze another game between 4 and 3 might work, but it's clear to me from Abel, Seth, Gouken, Evil Ryu, and Oni's moves that 4 already acts as the direct bridge between 2 and 3.

I've been having so much with SFIII Part 3 the past couple of days. Playing the game with other people with zero lag is freaking amazing! Arcade perfect gameplay, fighting online, upscaled graphics, and extras galore (including remixed music) all for $15, not a bad deal at all. Kudos to Capcom for restoring this underrated classic!

Last edited:
I seriously hope they port Capcom vs SNK 2 next. Thats another one of their underrated games.

I seriously hope they port Capcom vs SNK 2 next. Thats another one of their underrated games.
stranger things have happened but I dont see ever happening unless there are future plans for a Capcom vs SNK 3 and I dont see that on the horizon as Capcom seems to be focusing on its Marvel license and the upcoming crossover deal with Namco

Another Capcom vs. SNK is a long shot. SNK is struggling right now just to make King of Fighters 13 a success, after they spent most of their resources on 12's sprites only to have it flop. Let's see first if they want to continue making fighting games.

I don't want a third one. Just a port of Capcom vs SNK 2.

It was announced that for the next DLC package that you can buy, you'll get more character colors to choose from as well as the their theme songs from both New Generation and 2nd Impact! :wow:

I'm very happy with this news. Now if only they can have a DLC with the original Arcade 3rd Strike music, the stages from NG and 2I, and Shin Akuma, it'd be perfect!

so....it's been said that the PS3 version of SFIV has "input lag."

to a casual, "non-competitive" gamer like myself, just how much of an issue is this input lag?

also, if I use one of those wired fight pads/fight sticks, would that reduce the input lag?

It's not the controller that causes lag, it's the way Sony programs the console. There's two frames of lag in the PlayStation version (proof). You probably won't notice it if you play just for fun, but it's there, and it can mess with your timing if you play this on a 360 or arcade cabinet.

It's not the controller that causes lag, it's the way Sony programs the console. There's two frames of lag in the PlayStation version (proof). You probably won't notice it if you play just for fun, but it's there, and it can mess with your timing if you play this on a 360 or arcade cabinet.

ah....ok.....

yeah......I just play for fun nowadays......

but would the lag affect the gameplay online on the PS3?? would I notice it there?? ( or not really, I guess, since we'd all be playing on the PS3 online.....lol )

ah....ok.....

yeah......I just play for fun nowadays......

but would the lag affect the gameplay online on the PS3?? would I notice it there?? ( or not really, I guess, since we'd all be playing on the PS3 online.....lol )
Considering that everyone you will play with online are all PS3 users, no it wont affect you as everyone is in the same boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"