• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Street Fighter IV Thread

is there that much of a difference between the PC version and the PS3 version?

does it cost money to play online with the PC version? do you have to pay extra like you have to do with XBOX Gold?

I like the PS3 version because the PS3 controller is much better, imo, than the 360 controller for fighting games. Also, playing online is free on the PS3. I rarely go online, but it's nice to know that I don't have to pay extra for it.
The 3D models look alot better. You'll find objects in the background and the characters looking sharper and crisper. I dont think anyone will miss it by not having the PC version but it does look better as far as graphics go

There are drivers to add a Dualshock 3 to your PC. PC also has the advantage of adding costume mods. For me though, PS3 is a better option bc of onlnie play. I cant imagine the PC having as many people playing online which couldmake finding matches difficult

well, you get the best fighting game on the market. As much as I enjoy playing MK9, it doesnt hold a candle to Street Fighter in terms of space control, footsies, traps, baits, zoning, and fluidity

well, you get the best fighting game on the market. As much as I enjoy playing MK9, it doesnt hold a candle to Street Fighter in terms of space control, footsies, traps, baits, zoning, and fluidity

I think the combos in MK make the game a lot more fun. I can agree that i think SFIV is the better fighter technically, but i think MK tops it in fun. Iv never played a fighter as consistently as i have with Mortal Kombat. Altho the online annoys me to no damn end.

I think SFIV is defiently the best fighter of this generation. MK is a close second followed by Soul Calibur IV

Daigo vs Poongko....never been hype like this before. Amazing match
[YT]USggzca0KX8[/YT]

I'll admit I felt Seth was more nerfed than buffed in AE, but Poongko proved me wrong even before EVO 2011. That match was played perfectly, too. Poongko interrupted blockstrings and combos with invincible uppercuts, predicted wake-up reversals and countered with safe jumps into another knockdown, and kept at mid-to-close range to press his advantage. It's not like Seth's overpowered, either; Fuudo eliminated him later by forcing Seth to turtle, which he doesn't excel at.

On the subject: Which current fighter do I like best? SSF4AE. It's still a great game despite some questionable balancing. MvC3 is fun, but there are a lot of things about it that aren't. I'd like TK6 more if it had less blocking and shuffling (less of that in TKTT2, so that's good). MK9 lacks depth, which is disappointing, because they had the money and fanbase to fix that before its release if they wanted to.

Well, Seth used to be able to do both rush down and play a respectable runaway game. From Vanilla to AE Capcom has pretty much eliminated his runaway game and forces players to play rush down....buts its fine, because Seth is best like that. Risky, glass cannon....2 mixups= stun and death

Anyone up for some Endless on LIVE?

Tried out Makoto tonight. I think I went 3-100, no exaggeration.

EDIT: I'll stick to Training for the rest of the night. I'm sleepy anyways. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
hahaha yea some characters have a higher learning curve than others

EDIT: go ahead and make the lobby and inv me. tag in sig

EDIT2: Alright. Post in here if you want to play

Last edited:
I'm just gonna go ahead and leave this here

crapcom.jpg

Tried out Makoto tonight. I think I went 3-100, no exaggeration.

EDIT: I'll stick to Training for the rest of the night. I'm sleepy anyways. Maybe tomorrow.

Makoto is a great character despite being labeled as pretty bad by a lot of players.

She's great anti air. It just takes time getting to really control her.

With that said I'm not all that great either with the character but I do finder her pretty fun to play with.

lol people dont say AE Makoto is bad. If they do, slap those people

Anyone get SF 3 Online edition? I played the demo and really tempted into egtting it. I love how they fill up the edges of the screen with info so its not just black space

I'm thinking about it, since I recently got interested in Q. I'm not sure if any of my friends are getting it though.

Be warned. Sf3 is a pro game and very unforgiving. Sr4 is considered a very noob friendly game but not sf3

I've played every single SF, mainly SFIII, Capcom vs SNK2, and MVC2 in the UC Berk arcade when it used to be open.

I think I'll be fine. ;) :up:

I have 3rd Strike Online for the PS3; not sure what happened, but I also ended up with the dipswitch option and Gill for free. I'd buy it for 360 if you want it arcade perfect, people who play 3rd Strike say there's some input lag in the PS3 version. It's good otherwise. But I need an arcade stick for it. Most everything is overly hard on a DualShock 3.

For anyone who hasn't heard: Arcade Edition is getting a patch later this year. Initial patch notes here. EDIT: Update (1), (2). Some highlights:

-Ryu gets minor state adjustments
-The glitch on Chun's Ultra 1 is removed
-Ken's EX Dragon Punch does more damage
-Honda's LP Headbutt is less vulnerable again
-Blanka's Rolls do more damage
-Gief does more stun
-Guile's changes from Super to Arcade Edition are mostly undone
-Sim's is less vulnerable during Yoga Blast
-Rog's Headbutts do Super damage
-Sagat's Angry Scar gives more damage
-Viper does slightly less damage
-Vega's changes from Super to Arcade Edition are slightly undone
-Gouken's Ultra 2 is now chargeable
-Hawk's crouching HK is less vulnerable
-Dan's moves start faster
-Gen's Air Kicks prevent quick rise on the last hit
-Sakura's EX Fireball does more damage
-Seth's jumping MK is less vulnerable
-Cammy's HK Arrow has Super traits again
-Abel does more damage
-Rufus' changes from Super to Arcade Edition are mostly undone
-Fuerte's Tortilla is less vulnerable again
-Akuma's options after knockdowns are reduced
-Fei does less damage, and some combos are no longer possible
-Rose's changes from Super to Arcade Edition are mostly undone
-Hakan starts the match oiled
-Adon's hits miss less
-Evil Ryu's Axe Kicks on airborne opponents prevent quick rise
-Dudley's Ultra 1 fully hits airborne opponents
-Oni's EX Dragon Punch prevents quick rise
-Juri gains Super meter during Ultra 1
-Ibuki's Ultra 2 fully hits airborne opponents
-Makoto's Uppercuts do less damage
-Yang and Yun's special moves are more vulnerable
-Cody does more damage
-Guy's hits connect easier
-Dee Jay gets new cancels

Last edited:
TSO Trailer
[YT]8gkt6HMtSwc[/YT]

Press Release said:
Hey everyone! This is Derek Neal, and I’m the producer on Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition. I’m here to tell you all the things that make this game awesome. You might want to take a seat and get comfortable, because that’s quite a list!

Available August 23rd, Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition takes one of the most revered fighting games in CAPCOM’s history and brings it Online. Quite frankly, the feature set we’ve included in this downloadable is jaw dropping. In addition to upscaled graphics, we have hundreds of trials, dynamic challenges, and a huge Vault full of all kinds of unlockables. We have multiple training modes, integrated Tournament support, and 8 player lobbies (with spectator mode!). We have GGPO for near-lagless online play, a robust replay system, and the ability to upload matches straight to YouTube – from within the game! All of this, and much, much more.

We are also very excited to be the lead title in the brand new PSN PLAY program. Now with PSN PLAY, you’re able to pre-order this game now. This is actually the first time a pre-order program has been offered for a downloadable PSN title, and we couldn’t be happier than to help lead that charge. The pre-order period for the game runs through August 18th, and people who pre-order during this period will receive a special gift: a custom Third Strike theme for their PS3! Here’s a sneak peek of what it will look like:

If that wasn’t enough, we are also announcing that we’ll be giving a free gift to everyone who purchases the game between now and through September 19th: a free key that unlocks the hidden boss character, Gill. This boss character is a ton of fun to play, and can be used in all of our casual game modes, such as Arcade and Player Match. (He is not available in Ranked matches or in Tournaments.)

Finally, PlayStation Plus members will be excited to hear that they’re getting a special deal: an additional 20% off on this already great value! So what are you waiting for?! Pre-order now. Buy this game…it’s time you realized that it’s the THIRD STRIKE THAT COUNTS!

Can't wait as I prefer the III series over IV when it comes to the fighting system. Its time to Fight For The Future...again! :woot:

Last edited:
Canonically and chronologically speaking I believe that would still be correct. You're still fighting for the future. :up: :hehe:

SFIV takes in between SFII and III if I'm not mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"