Official Street Fighter IV Thread

too bad they're not releasing Ultra on the PS4 and X1.

due to the scarcity of games on both systems, it would have been nice to have another fighting game.

Yea both could use another fighter. XB has Killer Instinct and while great it's razor thin in terms of fighters/features

Good thing I didn't purchase any other SFIV. Ultra will be my first one.

Good thing I didn't purchase any other SFIV. Ultra will be my first one.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I think I've bought every single version of the main game.........

yesh.......I'm a sucker.........:o

I bought Super SF4 because I was excited to play as Guy and Dee Jay and all the others brought on, so I had no issues with that release. When AE came out I didn't care for it enough to buy, but I guess my brother really wanted to play as Yang so he bought the patch.

I hate it because they screwed with Ryu with AE so I spend most of the time I play sticking to "Super" mode and there aren't as many fighters still around since everyone fights in AE.

Milking is pretty par the course for a SF game. SFII got re-released a trillion times, and SFIII got three re-releases, and probably would've gotten more if not for the fact that the genre went into a nosedive around that time.

Yeah, SF3 in most ways is still more popular than SF4. Thanks to a recent patch, a lot of people are getting back into it again.

Is it? I dont think I would say 3 still is nor was ever more popular than IV

For certain audiences, particularly the more "hardcore" fighter fans, it probably is. SFIII is really a technical and mechanical marvel, but it can be way too daunting for most casual or even intermediate players.

That means it's more loved with a certain group, not more popular. SF 3 had more of a cult following, but not the broad appeal that IV has been able to achieve for several reasons

More popular with a certain group, more loved with a certain group. Whatever you want to call it

did they ever release any of the Alpha games on the PS3/360?

Is it? I dont think I would say 3 still is nor was ever more popular than IV

Granted, poor timing, an unfamiliar roster, and steep learning curve hurt it's popularity during it's time, but in the last few years a lot of the casuals have grown to like the "in your face" gameplay style of Three, not to mention the repeated request of SF3 characters to come to SF4. I know before, I couldn't find a match in SF3. Now, after the patch A LOT of people are playing it now.

hey.....SF3 gave us Ibuki...........

that's enough for me!!

Granted, poor timing, an unfamiliar roster, and steep learning curve hurt it's popularity during it's time, but in the last few years a lot of the casuals have grown to like the "in your face" gameplay style of Three, not to mention the repeated request of SF3 characters to come to SF4. I know before, I couldn't find a match in SF3. Now, after the patch A LOT of people are playing it now.

I still say thats a relatively small number in comparison to 4. Aside from the reasons you mention, SF 3 didnt get the mass appeal that 2 and 4 got bc many simply didnt have access to it. 2 came out in 1991 and was out on SNES/Genesis by 1992. 4 was on the PS3 and 360 months after the arcade release. 3 came out at a bad time as arcades were starting to fade out in 1997. It wasnt on a home console til 3 years later with the Dreamcast which unfortunately wasnt a big seller and died an early death. It didnt make it to the PS2 till 2004, 7 years after initial release in the form of that Anniversary Collection. By then though it was an old game and many werent interested. It was able to build a cult following but it wasnt the phenomenom that 2 and 4 were.

how of you all will be playing this?
i occasionally hit up AE is anyone has that

As long as it's free, I'm might be going back to it.
They talk about Omega Mode, but it already came with the last update. I didn't really care for it. Nothing so exciting to make me go with it instead of the regular modes.

Here’s A Look At Every “Wild Pack” Costume In Ultra Street Fighter IV. December 16, 2014 . 2:27pm

You’ve already seen some of these before, but this time it’s the full set, with every character represented.

[YT]DyH7TSAXFSI[/YT]

Capcom have revealed all of the “Wild Pack” costumes that are out now for Ultra Street Fighter IV as downloadable content. You’ve already seen some of these before, but this time it’s the full set, with every character represented. Check them out in the trailer above and screenshots below.

Guy and Dudley:​
Dee Jay and Hakan:​

Ken and Akuma:​

C. Viper and Cammy:​

The costumes are available in a single complete pack if you want to buy them all together. However, if you’d like to buy them in bundles, here’s how they’re broken down:

• Challengers Wild Pack 1: Guy, Dudley, Dee Jay, Hakan, Makoto
  • Shoryuken Wild Pack: Dan, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Ryu
  • Femme Fatale Wild Pack: C. Viper, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, Chun-Li
  • Challengers Wild Pack 2: T. Hawk, Adon, Ibuki, Cody, Juri
  • Brawler Wild Pack: Abel, Zangief, El Fuerte, Rufus, E. Honda
  • Shadaloo Wild Pack: Sagat, Seth, Balrog, Vega, M. Bison
  • Classic Wild Pack: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei Long, Blanka, Gen
  • Arcade Challengers Wild Pack: Oni, Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu
  • 2014 Challengers Wild Pack: Elena, Decapre, Hugo, Poison, Rolento

All of the Wild Pack costumes are currently available in Japan. Capcom have not officially announced a release date and price for the West yet.

Read more stories about PC & PlayStation 3 & Screenshots & Ultra Street Fighter IV & Xbox 360 on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Way more images of other characters in the article it's self

Wow silly me. I was under the assumption that that would be free as part of the upcoming patch. Its amazing that Ultra still isnt a complete version of SF IV and they continue to put out new paid DLC for it. Maybe the upcoming PS4 version will be the final definitive version

This Modder Created Bayonetta, Iron Man, Spider-Man And Link Outfits For Ultra Street Fighter IV. December 26, 2014 . 8:57am

While Capcom occasionally release new costumes for Ultra Street Fighter IV, PC gamers have been modding the various PC releases of Street Fighter IV for years.

While Capcom occasionally release new costumes for Ultra Street Fighter IV, PC gamers have been modding the various PC releases of Street Fighter IV for years, toying around with the character models to give them new looks. Costumes run the gamut from a Kratos outfit for Sagat to Sakura with long hair and a bandana.

Deviantart user Khaledantar666 is one such modder, and has been releasing a variety of costumes for both Ultra Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter X Tekken. You can find some of his work below with the appropriate links back to his Deviantart page.

A Bayonetta mod for Poison in Ultra Street Fighter IV.​

An Iron Man Hulk Buster suit for Zangief in Ultra Street Fighter IV.​

A Spider-Man costume for Fei Long in Ultra Street Fighter IV.​

A Link mod for Cody in Ultra Street Fighter IV.​

Other costumes Khaledantar666 has created include Batman and Batman Beyond costumes for Lars, a Vanessa look (from PN03) for Alisa, and an Alucard look (from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2) for Lars in Street Fighter X Tekken. You can find them all on his DA page.

Read more stories about PC & Ultra Street Fighter IV on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Those are so awesome.

Its a shame MvC3 was never ported to PCs bc I always wondered what the modders would come up with

The main thing that stopped me getting into SF III as much as II or IV is the near total change of character list. I like trying loads of different characters and when I play a sequel those existing characters are a big part of the identity of the game to me. When I play the next Mortal Kombat, even if the mechanics are massively improved I'll be disappointed not to be able to enjoy them with the old favourites.

I'm all for new characters and think each sequel should introduce 2-4 but that was too radical a jump for me. But it is a very fun game to watch masters play against each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"