Rocky/Creed Cinematic Universe Thread

Sorry for the bump with no news
But Creed II dropped on Hulu and I finally got a chance to watch it.

Like most have said, it's good but not as good as Creed I. It was a little more cliche. The directing was not as good. I would've liked more of Ivan and Donny in scenes together. But the performances were still nice for the most part and I thought the boxing scenes were still well done.

I think the movie would've really benefited from showing the Drago side. Honestly to me that story was more interesting that Donny's in the second movie. They were just way too flat and one note for the most part to work in a drama like this. In a, as much as I love it, cartoon-y movie like Rocky IV sure. But not here. Especially when Florian doesn't have the presence of Lundgren.
I know someone a couple posts up made a post about a Rocky cinematic universe...I wouldn't have minded a whole Drago movie of Ivan and Viktor. Providing they got an actual actor for Viktor. I think that could've been interesting to get a whole movie about the boxing film's villain. Then make a Creed vs Drago movie
Anyway at the least, the Dragos should've gotten better stuff in Creed II.

But it's still a good movie. Surprised we haven't heard anything concrete about Creed III

And all of Stallone's idea for continuing the franchise are horrible. Including Creed III featuring Clubber Lang's son.

I enjoyed Creed 2, but I really don't want to see Creed 3 being Clubber Lang's son. The franchise risks falling into farcical territory there where Creed's opponents end up all being relatives of dangerous fighters that Rocky fought. Essentially copying the storylines from the original films.

And maybe in a different universe a "father vs father/son vs son" setup would be interesting, but it should be remembered that Adonis isn't Rocky's son. Rocky is a father figure for sure, but not his father. To go down that route would actually sour the whole thing as Adonis' father Apollo was a boxing legend himself also.

I don’t mind legacy stuff, just switch it up. Make it less about a rivalry with Lang’s son and more about a brotherhood. There’s so many places you can take that.

And all of Stallone's idea for continuing the franchise are horrible. Including Creed III featuring Clubber Lang's son.

I enjoyed Creed 2, but I really don't want to see Creed 3 being Clubber Lang's son.

Agreed. Drago & son made sense since Drago killed Apollo. There's no connection between Clubber and Adonis so no need for that. They need to get back to Adonis having his own rivals. Plus he has siblings that have never been adressed and I hope they finally bring them into this.

Agreed. Drago & son made sense since Drago killed Apollo. There's no connection between Clubber and Adonis so no need for that. They need to get back to Adonis having his own rivals. Plus he has siblings that have never been adressed and I hope they finally bring them into this.

What siblings did he have, remind me? A brother vs brother setup could be good. Warrior went down that road (albeit MMA) and it was fantastic, large because of that emotional angle.

What siblings did he have, remind me? A brother vs brother setup could be good. Warrior went down that road (albeit MMA) and it was fantastic, large because of that emotional angle.

Apollo and his wife have a son & daughter. Also just to clarify I didn't mean brother vs brother in the ring (haven't seen Warrior so I don't know if that's exactly what you meant), but I could definitely see a brother (or sister) vs. brother angle outside of the ring. After all Adonis is the result of their dad cheating on their mom, and we haven't seen them in the first two movies, which could easily be written as them disapproving of their mother's relationship with dad's bastard. Just some potential out of the ring story elements that would be unique to Adonis

Apollo and his wife have a son & daughter. Also just to clarify I didn't mean brother vs brother in the ring (haven't seen Warrior so I don't know if that's exactly what you meant), but I could definitely see a brother (or sister) vs. brother angle outside of the ring. After all Adonis is the result of their dad cheating on their mom, and we haven't seen them in the first two movies, which could easily be written as them disapproving of their mother's relationship with dad's bastard. Just some potential out of the ring story elements that would be unique to Adonis

Ah interesting, thanks. I meant actually in the ring. The added emotional context could make for a much more textured fight than the usual good guy (Adonis) vs bad guy (Drago's son/ Lang's son/etc). And both sons would be vying to be the one most worthy of carrying their father's legacy.

Ah interesting, thanks. I meant actually in the ring. The added emotional context could make for a much more textured fight than the usual good guy (Adonis) vs bad guy (Drago's son/ Lang's son/etc). And both sons would be vying to be the one most worthy of carrying their father's legacy.

His brother is around a decade older than him. I wouldn't buy him suddenly being a boxer that was never mentioned before now. They could potentially tie him in some other way to whoever Adonis fights, I suppose.

But it's still a good movie. Surprised we haven't heard anything concrete about Creed III

Producer Irwin Winkler recently commented that the plan is for Michael B. Jordan to direct. So I assume we won't hear anything concrete until Jordan's finished shooting that Jack Ryan spin-off Without Remorse and I think after that is Ryan Coogler's next film Wrong Answer before Coogler does Black Panther II. So Creed III will be 2-3 years like most of the others in 2021 or 2022.

I think Stallone has made it clear he's done with the Creed franchise, but yeah his Rocky On Vacation spin-off idea sounds bad (and this is coming from somebody who likes Rocky V). I hope they keep his now perfect Rocky ending with Creed II.

"I promised Michael B. Jordan that he’d get his chance to direct Creed III," Winkler wrote in A Life in Movies: Stories From 50 Years in Hollywood, adding: "Last year in a conversation with our Creed star Michael B. Jordan, I offered him the opportunity to not only star in, but also to direct Creed III."

Michael B. Jordan Got an Offer to Direct 'Creed III'

He looks dressed in character, so whatever it is, it looks like it’s “secretly” shooting now.

I don’t think so. He’s said he’s done with the Rocky character in a Creed movie.

And I think Michael B Jordan is planning to direct the next one after he’s finished shooting that Tom Clancy movie.

On MBJ's IMDB page, it says Creed 3 - filming. So who knows?

Maybe I'm dumb, but I didn't get that Creed II was supposed to be a sendoff for Rocky. I think they could've done a better job
I mean they have a lingering shot at the end and then he sees his son, but I think it could've been better

Maybe I'm dumb, but I didn't get that Creed II was supposed to be a sendoff for Rocky. I think they could've done a better job
I mean they have a lingering shot at the end and then he sees his son, but I think it could've been better

Other than dying as a conclusion, him being back with his son (and also grandson) is the perfect way to end Rocky’s story. Adrian was his life, the last shot of the first film was him screaming her name, so living with his son/grandson is his perfect happy ending.

other than dying, him being back with his son (and now grandson) is the prefect way to end Rocky’s story. Adrian was his life, the last shot of the first film was him screaming her name, so living with his son/grandson is his perfect happy ending.
That's not a bad ending, but I didn't get the impression he was going to live with his son. It just seems like he was going to visit after a long time

It’s definitely implied he’s going to be staying in Vancouver for an extended period of time. He’s said his goodbye to Adonis. There’s nothing really left for him in Philly.

If the story ended there for Rocky, there wouldn’t need to be anything more said in Creed III.

It’s definitely implied he’s going to be staying in Vancouver for an extended period of time. He’s said his goodbye to Adonis. There’s nothing really left for him in Philly.

If the story ended there for Rocky, there wouldn’t need to be anything more said in Creed III.
No they didn't really make it clear. He didn't have a large bag when he pulled up on his son. Was there anything about him selling his house or restaurant. His goodbye to Adonis wasnt a "Goodbye I'm not gonna see you for a while/ever" goodbye.

Well, I mean, it’s a movie and we can make that leap of logic. Obviously they’re keeping a door open, but if this is where it ends for Rocky’s story, we can just fill in the blanks ourselves. Not everything needs to be shown/spelled out imo.

If you mean a conclusive ending, no. But if it does end there for Rocky (or at least his involvement in the Creed franchise), I think it’s quite perfect.

I guess there’s every chance Stallone is in character for another reason, something promotional or to do with the city. He has mentioned in interviews how people in Philadelphia welcome him warmly and often refer to him as Rocky rather than his real name

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"