Rocky/Creed Cinematic Universe Thread

It doesn't need to be Clubber Lang Jr., but maybe a character in that vein who grew up with nothing, worked his way up, but was never given a chance for the title so he's calling Adonis out, especially if they go the social/political way.

I mean that's fine. As long as Creed gets some of his "own" villains.
I can't even remember the guy from the first film.
And then Drago Jr. tied a lot into the previous Rocky series.

He needs his own standout villain/opponent. Rocky had Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, and Drago. Creed doesn't really have much especially when Drago Jr wasn't that memorable or special.

I wonder if they would ever kill Rocky off like they did Mick? Maybe he’s a casualty of COVID-19. Would be symbolic though if you think about it. The death of old America with a hero like Rocky from a virus that choked the world, and the rebirth with a new hero the likes of Adonis.

That probably would be too depressing though.

I mean that's fine. As long as Creed gets some of his "own" villains.
I can't even remember the guy from the first film.
And then Drago Jr. tied a lot into the previous Rocky series.

He needs his own standout villain/opponent. Rocky had Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, and Drago. Creed doesn't really have much especially when Drago Jr wasn't that memorable or special.

I liked Drago Jr., but yeah he was more tied to Rocky. And yes, Creed didn't have a memorable villain (neither did Rocky Balboa). Even Tommy Gunn (and to a lesser extent George Washington Duke) while over the top, were definitely memorable lol

Creed needs his Killmonger, which I think would be fun for a bit of reversal in this case (not related of course).

And mentioned before, I'd like to see Apollo's two other kids make an appearance. Perhaps add some of that family drama. Maybe Mary dies, and there's family squabble about who's entitled to what.

I think they should've killed off Rocky in Rocky Balboa...or now Creed I.

I still think the handing off that Rocky did in Creed II was pretty weird and was not that clear

I wonder if they would ever kill Rocky off like they did Mick? Maybe he’s a casualty of COVID-19. Would be symbolic though if you think about it. The death of old America with a hero like Rocky from a virus that choked the world, and the rebirth with a new hero the likes of Adonis.

That probably would be too depressing though.

I'm happy with Rocky's ending in Creed II, patching things up with his son and living close to his grandson. I don't think we necessarily need to see/hear about his death in this series.

I'm happy with Rocky's ending in Creed II, patching things up with his son and living close to his grandson. I don't think we necessarily need to see/hear about his death in this series.

Yeah, likewise.

Besides I’m sure Stallone wouldn’t allow one of his signature characters to be killed anyway.

With all his networking and work with top talent in the industry he should be able to bring aboard an interesting, diverse crew. Very curious.

I think it should be a street brawl...after a guy he takes in does him wrong... maybe he infiltrates a gang...

or maybe he wakes up and it was all a dream in Rocky's head..

I love Stallone.

I love Rocky.

This is an awful idea.

Sylvester Stallone developing Rocky prequel series

If he wants to develop a prequel series, it’s Rambo that’s ripe for that, not Rocky.

The actor will need some serious charm... Stallone had it... I can't see myself invested, to be honest, rocky really feels like the best origins movie, as the sequels grow so much.

Rambo would be good... however he's not much of a character in that's sense... it won't be as enjoyable...
now, if we talking stop! or my mom will shoot. That's a prequel right there.....

No Rocky for Creed III, and I'm not mad about it. I imagine Rocky is now devoting his time to his family after Creed II, and that is how it should be I feel.

Yeah, I think Stallone confirmed it when they were shooting Creed II. I said at the time that the end of Creed II feels like a proper ending for Rocky. Living with his son and grandson.

I can see shooting one scene for a cameo but not the full supporting role he has had for the last couple.

I love Stallone.

I love Rocky.

This is an awful idea.

Sylvester Stallone developing Rocky prequel series

If he wants to develop a prequel series, it’s Rambo that’s ripe for that, not Rocky.

This is dumb. The first Rocky movie already is his origin story, his life wasn't that special before his fight with Creed. (Which was kind of the point) This reminds me of when they were talking about doing a Die Hard prequel :whatever:

As for Creed III, they better not kill Rocky off with Stalone not being there... but I doubt he would allow that to happen.

Damn, that's a jolt of star power. Maybe this will be more from the perspective of Major's character?

Damn, that's a jolt of star power. Maybe this will be more from the perspective of Major's character?

Probably like the Apollo perspective in Rocky II. While it wasn't the main story, they followed what Apollo was dealing with a good deal.

I doubt they do the Clubber Lang son angle. With Rocky not returning for the first time, I assume they'll blaze their own path with new "villains". But I think economics might definitely come into play ala Rocky III. Privilege and all that.

I don't know why this popped in my head, but maybe he'll play a kid Adonis knew in juvie now grown up who's also become a boxer. How their lives went different ways.

Last edited:
We're off to a good start.

Definitely don't want them to go the Clubber Lang jr. route. Drago made sense since Daddy Drago killed Adonis' pops, but that should be it for old Rocky foes. They need to go back to Adonis having his own opponents, like in the first Creed.

I bet it's Apollo's other Son that Majors is playing - that could play for some great drama and animosity between the characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"