Rocky/Creed Cinematic Universe Thread

Other than Black Panther, which is more of an ensemble, I can't recall many times recently black leading men (Majors is one, you'll see) have faced off against each other in a movie. I'm liking MBJ's thinking on this one so far.

I still wonder if they’ll kill Rocky off or not.

Definitely don't want them to go the Clubber Lang jr. route. Drago made sense since Daddy Drago killed Adonis' pops, but that should be it for old Rocky foes. They need to go back to Adonis having his own opponents, like in the first Creed.

He could be Clubber Kang, a brand new villain who only takes his first name from Clubber Lang.

Or maybe Clubber has a son and daughter named Scott and Lana respectively.

Other than Black Panther, which is more of an ensemble, I can't recall many times recently black leading men (Majors is one, you'll see) have faced off against each other in a movie. I'm liking MBJ's thinking on this one so far.

That's an interesting point, I never really thought about it. I think even in the Rocky films we only ever saw Apollo fight white fighters. Though I would've loved to see him take on Clubber Lang lol

iu

I still wonder if they’ll kill Rocky off or not.

I hope not. Hopefully just a mention he's living the good life in Vancouver with his grandson.

Yes, Apollo vs Clubber Lang would have been EPIC - still think it's a strong possibility Majors is playing Apollo's other Son, who's sick of some half-brother he doesn't know getting all the fame and attention.......we'll see.

Based on some of the recent comments I've read I figured I'd add my opinions on them as well.

We already had a former bad guy return with his son in Creed II (Viktor Drago, Ivan Drago's son). I don't feel we need to repeat that with Clubber Lang's Son.... The reason Drago's son was important and a "full circle" type deal is because Ivan Drago killed Apollo. I just don't see the need to continue the previous bad guys return with their son type stories. Give a new original "villain" for the film and I use the term "villain" loosely, perhaps I should say "opponent".

Also, I agree, Rocky's story is complete. It was completed in Creed II with a "full circle" approach with the Rocky vs Creed vs Drago saga coming to a final close. His farewell may not have been what everyone wanted but it was fitting in my book. He exits basically saying "This is your story now".
If Rocky was to return at all I think it should be a small non-speaking cameo. I don't want Rocky to die like Mickey. Enough call backs in the previous two Creed films. If anything I'd personally like to see something like after Adonis wins whatever huge fight he is part of and he looks out in the audience at the end of the film looking for his wife he sees not only her but also Rocky, Rocky's son and his grand children watching on in support. Just so we know he is there and still doing well as Rocky deserves that closure with his remaining family after the various hard times he has dealt with over the course of the franchise.

Last edited:
A half-brother would be in his mid-late 40s though at this point, and Majors is 31. Not saying that might not be a character included, but I think Majors is playing someone closer in age to Adonis.

I posited Majors will play someone Adonis knew from juvie since Jordan said they'd explore Adonis' backstory a bit more. That would also add the emotional aspect of two people starting off in the same place as orphans, but going down two very different roads. One blessed into privilege, and the other having to work his way with no one.

Majors has a very sculpted face. He could easily be aged up to his mid to late 30's if need be. The step brother angle is ripe for some emotional one on one acting outside of the ring for sure, but I like your premise more overall.

There was Undisputed (film) - Wikipedia but it barely got any good PR back in 2002. A shame as it was Snipes arguably at his peak of box office power.

Majors being cast is a major coup!

Is MBJ still suppose to be directing?

Majors has a very sculpted face. He could easily be aged up to his mid to late 30's if need be. The step brother angle is ripe for some emotional one on one acting outside of the ring for sure, but I like your premise more overall.

They could definitely age him up, but Adonis' brother would be closer to 50 than mid to late 30s. I've posted before in this thread how Apollo's other kids should be part of this franchise, but it seems like they'd cast someone more age appropriate for that role. I think Majors will be playing his opponent in the ring, which wouldn't be his brother.

I guess Adonis could also very well have another stepbrother from his birthmother. We don't know much about his early childhood or his birthmother or his life in juvie. A lot to explore if they want to make the other fighter personal.

Kind of related to this, I had no idea Stallone was doing a director's cut of Rocky IV. I'll bet he's going to take out all the 80's cheese, I mean it's pretty much one big music video, but it's basically what makes the movie fun. I'm still curious to see this new cut though.

Interesting!!! Love the casting! I think the Rocky saga was closed after Creed II. No more Rocky opponents kids. Let Adonis wander his own path with his own villains. Lots to explore there along with living up to his father’s legacy. I’d still love to see Rocky make a cameo after a title defense or something.

I might check that director's cut out eventually. My jaw dropped for a second when I saw that 40 minutes were added to the movie but then I remembered that Rocky IV was only 90 minutes anyway. Apparently the Paulie's robot storyline has been removed. Heartbreaking. :o

I’m more sad to see Vince DiCola’s score gone. Obviously Bill Conti is the heart of the series, but Rocky IV was its own unique charming monster back in 1985.

That said, this is a fun “what if”. Especially Stallone looking at it 35 years later in hindsight. I definitely don’t think it’s his “directors cut” as I’m sure what he released in 1985 was what he wanted at the time.

But hey, if stuck in quarantine got him to finally release all the deleted scenes then by all means. Now release the deleted scenes for Rocky II, III and V.

I’m more sad to see Vince DiCola’s score gone. Obviously Bill Conti is the heart of the series, but Rocky IV was its own unique charming monster back in 1985.
That's kinda lame. The Training Montage from Rocky IV is probably the third most iconic piece of score from the whole franchise after Gonna Fly Now and Going The Distance.

I might check that director's cut out eventually. My jaw dropped for a second when I saw that 40 minutes were added to the movie but then I remembered that Rocky IV was only 90 minutes anyway. Apparently the Paulie's robot storyline has been removed. Heartbreaking. :o

The movie without credits, and the three montage sequences is like 75 minutes. :funny:

Stitch Duran revealed that he will start filming Creed 3 in January in Atlanta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"