Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

Inevitable. Hopefully the average (at best) reception for Phase 4 and the reception of this film means that they’ll put more effort into the quality of individual products in future if the franchise isn’t already dead by then.

I have basically zero faith in anything other than Guardians 3, and I fear so so much for the utter dross that the Daredevil show will no doubt be with the people they put in charge of that. Avengers Kang Dynasty just has disaster written all over it.

The MCU can't continue having such poorly received films because it will eventually turn people away from them at the box office. With the news that Marvel may only release 2 Disney+ shows this year, maybe not having so many projects releasing will finally get them on the right track again. I think Iger taking over for Chapek may help things out.

I would say RT scores in phase 4 from critics for the movies that are 65% and up are not average(good),but are really good.
Doctor strange 2 is close to mid 70's,black widow is in late 70's,shang-cgi and spiderman no way home are in the 90's,wakanda forever is the 80's,eternals is the later 40's and thor 4 is the 60's.

Phase 4 movies only vs phase 3 movies.
The critics liked phase 3 movies more looking at the RT scores.
The critics average rating for phase 3 movies are higher on average, so far looking at the RT scores.

Phase 4 movies only vs phase 1 and 2 movies.
The critics liked phase 3 movies more looking at the RT scores.
The average critic thinks phase 4 is better then phase 1 and 2 looking at the average rating plus.
Phase 4 has made more money then phase 1 and 2 and well.

Seems the critics and audience are viewing the film completely opposite ways. Currently 48% with critics but at 85% with the audience.

Inevitable. Hopefully the average (at best) reception for Phase 4 and the reception of this film means that they’ll put more effort into the quality of individual products in future if the franchise isn’t already dead by then.

I have basically zero faith in anything other than Guardians 3, and I fear so so much for the utter dross that the Daredevil show will no doubt be with the people they put in charge of that. Avengers Kang Dynasty just has disaster written all over it.
I had promising hopes for this one but it didn't really give me what I wanted despite Kang being good. GOTG 3 should be the usual high grade especially with it being the end, after that yeah I don't know. I am not into Captain Marvel so going in with low expectations.

I think Kang stuff will get very confusing for those not heavy into MCU and don't watch everything.

If I take one criticism as an example of ringing hollow that I keep seeing pop up, it's that the film spends too much time setting up others. This is a tight enough film where everyone has a reason to be there....and this is not a criticism from reputable outlets but one that the "niche" sites are parroting. There's definitely something rotten here but it's not the film, and I say that someone who isn't majorly invested in the MCU right now.

People don't care about audience scores cause they're prone to bots. Even though RT denies this.

RT's theater release audience scores are verified via Fandango. It's the streaming/tv content that is not verified and prone to manipulation.

I wonder what the Cinemascore is going to be. I'm guessing B+ or higher.

If I take one criticism as an example of ringing hollow that I keep seeing pop up, it's that the film spends too much time setting up others. This is a tight enough film where everyone has a reason to be there....and this is not a criticism from reputable outlets but one that the "niche" sites are parroting. There's definitely something rotten here but it's not the film, and I say that someone who isn't majorly invested in the MCU right now.

Agreed. You could easily watch this film and end it as a trilogy. All the characters went through the motions and i thought it didn't do enough to set up the multiverse

Agreed. You could easily watch this film and end it as a trilogy. All the characters went through the motions and i thought it didn't do enough to set up the multiverse

I'm looking at the lineup of movies and shows that will come out between now and 2025 and I'm trying to figure out which ones could tie into the whole Kang/Multiverse storyline. Loki is confirmed and maybe FF but that's pretty much it. In the comics written by Jonathan Hickman the incursion threat just keeps getting more and more serious and by the end there's a complete sense of dread and it feels like everything is lost. In the MCU the incursions don't feel that scary and I don't think there's enough runway left to establish the stakes.

I'm looking at the lineup of movies and shows that will come out between now and 2025 and I'm trying to figure out which ones could tie into the whole Kang/Multiverse storyline. Loki is confirmed and maybe FF but that's pretty much it. In the comics written by Jonathan Hickman the incursion threat just keeps getting more and more serious and by the end there's a complete sense of dread and it feels like everything is lost. In the MCU the incursions don't feel that scary and I don't think there's enough runway left to establish the stakes.
I don't know the plan for Marvels but he could fit into that. They still have to release some other movies for phase 6 but we won't see him until Loki.

The MCU can't continue having such poorly received films because it will eventually turn people away from them at the box office. With the news that Marvel may only release 2 Disney+ shows this year, maybe not having so many projects releasing will finally get them on the right track again. I think Iger taking over for Chapek may help things out.
Honestly this should be a good thing moving forward. With two poorly reviewed movies, Marvel Studios could learn something more.

And hopefully this would lead to fewer TV shows and they don't need to pump out 20 movies in a span of 5 years. I feel like Marvel Studios need to start focusing on fewer ips especially in the movies. There's like a dozen ips getting their own movie. Do we really need an Ant-Man 4, Thor 5, Guardians 4 after phasiX? Kevin Feige isn't perfect of a producer that to have all of the upcoming films to receive good to great reviews. The more they films they make, the more chances one of them isn't going to be well received and they are now at that point. 2 rotten rated films in less than 2 years. Not a good look.

People only care about RT's when it lines up to their own opinions. RT has always been a BS measuring stick when debating movie quality, be it for or against said movie. Same people bringing up Fresh scores are the same ones who'll turn around and say they don't matter when something they like is rated rotten, and vice versa. It's hilarious honestly lol.

Honestly this should be a good thing moving forward. With two poorly reviewed movies, Marvel Studios could learn something more.

And hopefully this would lead to fewer TV shows and they don't need to pump out 20 movies in a span of 5 years. I feel like Marvel Studios need to start focusing on fewer ips especially in the movies. There's like a dozen ips getting their own movie. Do we really need an Ant-Man 4, Thor 5, Guardians 4 after phasiX? Kevin Feige isn't perfect of a producer that to have all of the upcoming films to receive good to great reviews. The more they films they make, the more chances one of them isn't going to be well received and they are now at that point. 2 rotten rated films in less than 2 years. Not a good look.
Disney may slow down the productions, but I'm skeptical of them slowing down adapting more IPs slowing down =/= cutting back.

Disney may slow down the productions, but I'm skeptical of them slowing down adapting more IPs slowing down =/= cutting back.
They already retired Iron Man, Black Widow and I guess Hulk getting their own movies. So they could retire some more.

X-Men, Shang-Chi, Fantastic 4 and Blade are the Future of the MCU. While Avengers are going to be the event films, so we are going to get that again and again. Thats five ips which are good enough for any film franchise.

Not sure if a Captain America 5 is necessary as I feel like Captain America 4 would act as the Bourne Legacy of the Captain America films. While its a wait and see for Eternals and Thunderbolts. A 3quel for Dr. Strange, BP and Captain Marvel is a sure thing but beyond it,who knows.

Ant-Man, Guardians and especially Thor have already gotten their chance. Its going to be a challenge for any studio to juggle at least 3 ips, what about Marvel Studios with a dozen ips. Just because they managed do it well before, it doesn't mean it is always going to work. They already have two rotten rated films and I don't think they could simply brush off these negative critical reception. They wouldn't be where they are at right now if phase 1 and 2 were as miXed as phase 4 and 5.

I also remember how in 2015 some were skeptical with an Ant-Man movie and how it was gonna suck but turned out to be successful with good reviews.

Fast forward to now, an Ant-Man movie is joining the ranks of Eternals in terms of critical reception. That honestly sucks thinking about it. I feel like these 2 movies are in the same group as X3, Spider-Man 3, TASM2, Apocalypse and it isn't great. Fans are always going to look back how these films just didn't work out unless you disagree with the critics and ignore critical reception.

I hate repeating myself my do people who defend this movie and say f**k the critics and form your own opinion really want the MCU to make more rotten movies?

People only care about RT's when it lines up to their own opinions. RT has always been a BS measuring stick when debating movie quality, be it for or against said movie. Same people bringing up Fresh scores are the same ones who'll turn around and say they don't matter when something they like is rated rotten, and vice versa. It's hilarious honestly lol.
Eh rt reflects the quality of the film whether you disagree or not. Thats why Rotten Tomatoes has always been mentioned when it comes to reviews/quality of a film.

If I'm unsure of seeing a movie, Id go to rt to see if I might waste my time/money watching a bad movie. Some films that scored higher intrigued me to watch the film. So thats just your opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"