Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

This 2nd rotten rating for a mcu film sucks for those who pride Marvel Studios for their great track record in Rotten Tomatoes. I thought Eternals was gonna be a 1 time thing for a long time but nope, its not even 2 years yet. I just hope this doesn't happen to an Avengers movie, F4 and Xpecially X-Men.

You can't always score a homerun every time you are at bat. Incredible Hulk didn't set the world on fire either and didn't get the best reviews, and that was their second movie out of the gate in 2008.

You can't always score a homerun every time you are at bat. Incredible Hulk didn't set the world on fire either and didn't get the best reviews, and that was their second movie out of the gate in 2008.
Yes but it still got a fresh rating and I liked that movie. Not every movie is going to be as highly praised as Endgame.

But I think Marvel Studios has enough eXperience to at least deliver a passable movie that isn't getting a rt rating below 60% or a film that has the almost rt rating as X3/TASM2.

If we use Rt fresh/rotten grading system, this is their 2nd miss. And thats a bit of a bummer especially when they had 25 consecutive films with a fresh rating.

Yes but it still got a fresh rating and I liked that movie. Not every movie is going to be as highly praised as Endgame.

OK, but does that mean Incredible Hulk is a better movie?

But I think Marvel Studios has enough eXperience to at least deliver a passable movie that isn't getting a rt rating below 60% or a film that has the almost rt rating as X3/TASM2.

I don't think there's an exact formula. And truthfully, I think this could be a good thing if it gets them to make some positive adjustments in the long run.

If we use Rt fresh/rotten grading system, this is their 2nd miss. And thats a bit of a bummer especially when they had 25 consecutive films with a fresh rating.

I don't think you can gauge a film's success only by this one metric.

All studios have their hits and misses often with critics. A 25 fresh rating in a row is a rare exception than the rule. Using that as the only benchmark for success will be one way street to disappointment town. When the movies from a studio keeps bombing left and right then it will be very concerning.

OK, but does that mean Incredible Hulk is a better movie?

I don't think there's an exact formula. And truthfully, I think this could be a good thing if it gets them to make some positive adjustments in the long run.

I don't think you can gauge a film's success only by this one metric.
The Incredible Hulk is indeed a better movie than Quantumania. The Incredible Hulk isn't even the worst MCU film for me after Quantumania.

There is just something quite empty/lacking with Quantumania's protagonists. I think there's a formula with MCU though which lacking in Quantumania. There's just isn't enough personal struggle/heart with the protagonists here. Wasp for eXample who is in the title, wasn't really developed at all. Usually, Mcu movies tend to give their supporting characters some weight especially if its the love interest/partner of the lead protagonist.

As for this being their 2nd miss, I was clearly referring to critical response. BoX office results and long term impact are another topics.

Last edited:
OT: I liked the Coda win - just to show that a feel good Hallmark movie that would go direct-to-home in the old days can win top prize at big stage these days. One day might be even a MCU movie.

I'm seeing the first showing of the film tonight and I'm curious to see why Critics didn't like this film. Personally I think that most critics have a wedge up their u know what when it comes to this genre of film. But sometimes they are right on money with their overall views. Regardless this film for the sole reason it's a marvel film will make Bank on its opening weekend. Now depending on how this film is truly received by the general audience will determined it longevity of success.

I don't think its a good thing that the movie that is supposed to kick the Secret Wars Saga into high gear is getting a rotten rating.

Yeah. Some people appear unwilling to admit that all is not well in the world of Marvel.

I chuckle when people say "Phase 4 is when Marvel jumped off the rails" and "Marvel is now putting too much humor that undercuts the drama". Uh, do you remember movies like Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron that were filled with jokes and non serious villains?
Yeah, phase 2 & 3 went peddle to the metal with that annoying goofy bull****.

Last edited:
It was hilarious. I still can’t comprehend where that line came from. I was obsessed with that show for the first 4/5 episodes. I was dumbfounded with how it ended. Well I say ended even though not a single characters story was actually finished in that story. Wanda? Nope. Vision? Nope. Agatha? Nope. And I’ll still never forgive them for throwing in a Fox X Men character as basically a **** you for caring.
To be honest the D+ shows was very mid frankly speaking. FATWS had a muddled message that they botched, and a villain that fell into the trap of making too much sense so they had to do something totally evil to remind people they were the bad guys. It was just so sloppy and ham fisted, I'd argue Winter Soldier and even Black Panther had those issues too. I feel Marvel is too corporate to do political messaging right.

They really should have brought in the X-Men and Fantastic Four after Endgame.
Lol, if they had introduced them during phase 4 you would've probably just gotten an X-Men movie the quality of Eternals and a Fantastic Four movie the quality of Quantumania. The issue here isn't that Ant-Man movies will inherently get lower scores, it's just that the movie they made just wasn't as good and possibly Marvel has gotten spread out too thin with the amount of content they're pumping out. I'm glad they took their time and may now be able to correct course in their overall structure and strategy as a studio based on what they've learnt from how the past two of years went before F4 and X-Men go into production, rather than them having pumped out those properties as quick as possible and had them be a mess.

I thought the movie was pretty awesome.
The humor is probably 20% of Thor LaT.
The only annoying jokes were the MODOK ones.

Geez, 50 to 49 %

8183eacf-40c9-4e8b-b91a-c3989e1a1efa_text.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"