She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 8 "Ribbit and Rip It" (Spoiler Thread)

Man I loved Matt in this episode. They gave him the perfect balance of serious and funny. This has me hyped for the Born Again series. I’m sure the tone will be different but I don’t mind seeing a lighter side of him. Hearing that theme one more time made me smile and felt kind of comforting.

After the release of the She-Hulk’s DD episode, Marvel.com recently confirmed that the Daredevil that Cox plays in She-Hulk is the same one from the Netflix series therefore making that series canon to the MCU proper, which by extension means the shows by Marvel television(at least the Netflix ones) may also qualify as canon.

‘She-Hulk’: Bringing Matt Murdock into Jen Walter’s Life

What the f**k where these cops/DODC dudes were doing at the end? Instead of going after the hooded as**oles who doxxed Jennifer they just stood there and let them go?
She was clearly the victim here.

Other than that, this is definitely the horniest Marvel project ever. I wonder how many Avengers will she bed when she becomes part of the team.

Truly satisfied with that! Cannot wait for Born Again. Gonna watch the Netflix series for the 4th time. This is the most I've got out of this show and it's worth it.

Best episode of the series since Episode 1.

Matt Murdock was on point and didn't miss a beat. In fact he seems to have struck a nice balance . He was on point as a lawyer and he was definitely on the top of his game as Daredevil.

Additional bonus points to him having sex with Jen/She-Hulk !!! Walk of shame lol more like walk of fame for our boy Matt!!!

Leapfrog served a purpose in being an absolute tool of a D-list villain.

I have to say I didn't see Hulking discrimination of She-Hulk to be that duplicitous. I thought it was only too obtain her Gamma blood, but to discredit her in public to cause her to lose control and become a Savage She-Hulk is ingenious.

Let's see how all wraps up next week in the finale.

First time watching this show. Daredevil may officially be my favorite MCU character. I like this outfit more that his Red and Black one.

fantastic debut of daredevil in the mcu. perfection.

the rumors of them wanting to make episode 1 the next to last episode makes sense a bit. there was ALOT of call backs to it and can see why they wanted these 2 back to back. but i think it played alot better with her origin in episode 1.

bruce told her about people seeing her as a monster and that won't ever go away. she told him she can control her anger infinitely better. all of that went to hell this episode and that look at the end into the camera was her realization of what bruce was trying to say.

other callback of her obsession with america's a$$ only to have her a$$ plastered all over that big screen.

her arc as a character has been really good over the season.

I thought they found the right balance of humor for Matt and still feels like the same Matt from the Netflix show.

Glad they had someone address how stupid sounding a “female lawyer” award is. It’s not like sports where there are physical differences that can affect performance.

But disappointed that brief hallway fight wasn’t one take.

They used the frigging Daredevil theme!!!! Come on yall, same Daredevil. Nough said :o

Best episode of the series to date!!! Great ending to setup the finale. I really hope the Leader at least makes a cameo here. Also, Leap Frog was hilarious and Daredevil was awesome here. The comedy felt appropriate for Matt.

Loved this

Now, that was an awesome episode. Charlie Cox was as charming and as charismatic as ever and when it came to the action it definitely felt close to the brutality of the DD Netflix series.

Also, I wasn't expecting Charlie Cox and Tatiania Maslany to have such great chemistry together, but now I'm actually hoping they become a thing and team up again in the near future.

Also, as silly as the whole thing was Leap Frog was hilarious.

The_Return_of_the_King_Banner.png

(Yeah yeah, I know he came back in No Way Home but this felt like the real return)

Fantastic episode, probably the best one yet.

Matt's return was amazing and the chemistry that Cox and Maslany have is insane. I was loving their team up and the aftermath with Matt leaving the next morning.

Looking forward to what goes down in the finale next week but I'm also looking forward to Jen and Matt crossing paths again at some point.

Also the Sokovia Accords are now REPEALED.

Six years later they really did NOTHING with that.
The Sokovia Accords were basically null and void once Thanos showed up. What else needs to be said about them?

What the f**k where these cops/DODC dudes were doing at the end? Instead of going after the hooded as**oles who doxxed Jennifer they just stood there and let them go?
She was clearly the victim here.

Yeah, I thought was pretty weak and forced.

I see what the writers were attempting to go for with the " Let's restrain Hulk the misunderstood beast" thing, but it makes little sense with Jen Walters She Hulk as opposed to Banner's Hulk.

Other than that and the annoying costume maker, I thought the episode was pretty good.

I still think the pilot episode is the best episode, but this one is probably second best.

Last edited:
Agreed on all accounts with Daredevil in this episode. He slipped so comfortably (heh) into this and jived so well with this world. It didn’t feel like a betrayal of what we know him as, but more of a natural progression and evolution of the character from the last time that we saw him. Even him quipping in this episode didn’t feel out of character and felt natural. It’s like he never left. Looking even more forward to his actual show.

Also, did Todd just pull the “I have a black friend, so I’m not racist” and the “I did some reading on the internet, therefore I’m the authority on other peoples cultures” cards? So, not only is he a blatant incel, he’s a blatant racist as well.

Oh my god, I looked up a photo of the Critical Drinker and he’s literally just Todd. That’s hilarious. If that was intentional on the director’s and writers’ part, good on them. He deserves it.

...that was perfect. Matt was essentially the balanced mix of Bendis and Soule, peppering of Waid - Matt; cocky, funny, and horny - yet all filtered through the live-action Matt we already love that Cox has brought to life.

Last edited:
MATT MURDOCK IS HERE AND HE IS BEAUTIFUL. I loved how much more acrobatic he was here compared to the Netflix series. Everything Matt/Daredevil was great aside from his new suit. Loved hearing his theme again and Charlie was just excellent as always.

Maybe my favorite episode so far for obvious reasons. Charlie and Tatiana had great chemistry.

Loved the set up for the finale as well, should be good.

Aside from Luke Cage/Jessica Jones was this the first time two MCU heroes...

tenor.gif
Apart from them there was also Sersi and Ikaris in Eternals but if we're talking off-screen boom-boom then these couples already had them beat:

tumblr_pqreci1rru1qfu71oo8_500.gif

dance-kiss.gif

thor-love-and-thunder-thor.gif

ant-man-and-the-wasp-hope-van-dyne.gif

tumblr_p9ojrdfMCM1rvznb5o1_540.gif

* Technically Pepper and Jane became superheroes later on and Peggy was only technically a superhero in the multiverse but for the sake of analyzing the sex lives of fictional characters.... :o

LOL Yeah I think Kane meant two established supers coming together and bumpin uglies
So in that case, Quill and Gamora still count

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"