She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 8 "Ribbit and Rip It" (Spoiler Thread)

Loved this episode, loved Daredevil and Jen together… their chemistry is FIRE. And when the DD Netflix theme kicked? PERFECTION. Now just put the DD on that chest plate!

Also, I think the nerdy guy who keeps showing up is the head of Incelligencia.

This episode was fantastic and everything I hoped for. Just when it seems like our girl got a win life turns around and smacks her right back down. It’s all good we know Jen is going to rise up to the top. I’m really loving the look of the redesigned Daredevil suit. Just glad to have my boy back.

Last edited:
Best episode of the series, I genuinely find it hilarious that Daredevil seemingly got all the best shots in the series too. If that's what we can expect with Born Again, I'm genuinely optimistic

So based on how Daredevil was portrayed in She Hulk, how are you feeling about Born Again?

The only thing I didn't like about it was the CGI parkour, and some of the fighting didn't look great... but I hope that's only because it's She-Hulk.

I thought they found the right balance of humor for Matt and still feels like the same Matt from the Netflix show.

Glad they had someone address how stupid sounding a “female lawyer” award is. It’s not like sports where there are physical differences that can affect performance.

But disappointed that brief hallway fight wasn’t one take.
Just so we are clear, such awards do exist and it's because women in the same fields as men go unrecognized, do to the fact that "physical differences that can affect performances" have never been why our sexist society divide things up.

FeX9eqIXgAEUW4U.jpg

FeX9fhuXEAUtqdt.jpg

FeX9f3SXoAAmdZM.jpg

Just so we are clear, such awards do exist and it's because women in the same fields as men go unrecognized, do to the fact that "physical differences that can affect performances" have never been why our sexist society divide things up.
By the way, further to my previous post on this point, for a long time female lawyers were forcibly corralled into matrimonial/family law by most law firm management rather than more high profile or lucrative corporate/commercial work because it was presumed that, because they were women, they would better dealing with touchy feely emotional divorce and child custody issues.

Glad they had someone address how stupid sounding a “female lawyer” award is. It’s not like sports where there are physical differences that can affect performance.

The law profession, much like STEM, still is rife with sexism. Just look at good ol' Beer Kavanaugh's dress code for female clerks.

The two episode premiere and this episode are easily the best of the series for me so far. This episode was just perfect. DD/Matt was handled perfectly and just makes me even more excited now for Born Again. And I was already pumped for that because DD was one of my favorite series. Anyways bring on the finale.

Last edited:
The two episode premiere and those episode are easily the best of the series for me so far. This episode was just perfect. DD/Matt was handled perfectly and just makes me even more excited now for Born Again. And I was already pumped for that because DD was one of my favorite series. Anyways bring on the finale.
I thought the premiere was one episode. Am I crazy?

I thought the premiere was one episode. Am I crazy?

I think I am losing my mind, but I thought the premiere was two episodes that first day the show started. Clearly I am wrong. Works been kicking my ass lately :sleepy:

Well then for me the premiere episode and this are easily the best so far.

Last edited:
I think I am losing my mind, but I thought the premier was two episodes that first day the show started. Clearly I am wrong. Works been kicking my ass lately :sleepy:

Well then for me the premiere episode and this are easily the best so far.
No worries, friend. :up:

What a great episode. Cox slipped right back into the role he is awesome as ever as DD!
Dude’s got range transferring the character from one of the most brutal shows to the lightest without missing a step. He’s going to be a massive asset to the MCU going forward. Obviously loves playing the character and hopefully he is planning to stay a long time.

Just finished the episode. Was good to have Cox back! I will admit even i had to slightly mentally adjust to this much lighter DD but I welcome it. Cox has a good handle on it and never let the comedy go too far or out of character. I dont care what anybody says this is 100% a continuation of the character from the netflix series but this Matt has a new lease on life. cox is having a lot of fun in the role.

My ONLY nitpick and its probably just me, i noticed Cox’s English accent in several points slip out. I dont ever remember it slipping in the og series but whatever minor quibble.

Also, hearing that little bit of the original Netflix theme play in that one scene gives me hope that they are still going to keep that for the new show.

And John Paesano better return as composer. That’s an absolute must. I will not except any other alternatives.

Definitely worth the wait to see Charlie Cox again. Really enjoyed how effortlessly the character fit into a show with such a different tone from his own. I also liked how they worked the bullet points of his backstory for those who may not have watched the Netflix series into natural dialogue, rather than some exposition heavy scene.

I liked when Matt said the guy was lying using heartbeat, when it was the most obvious lie anyway. :D “We can all tell he’s lying”.

Also, hearing that little bit of the original Netflix theme play in that one scene gives me hope that they are still going to keep that for the new show.

And John Paesano better return as composer. That’s an absolute must. I will not except any other alternatives.
I don't know how they are going to top that theme.

Now, that was an awesome episode. Charlie Cox was as charming and as charismatic as ever and when it came to the action it definitely felt close to the brutality of the DD Netflix series.

Also, I wasn't expecting Charlie Cox and Tatiania Maslany to have such great chemistry together, but now I'm actually hoping they become a thing and team up again in the near future.

Also, as silly as the whole thing was Leap Frog was hilarious.
Yeah Leapfrog was an utter idiot and a *****e lol.

Need to see Matt and Jen again (and Matt and Frank :cool: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"