She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 8 "Ribbit and Rip It" (Spoiler Thread)

The most unbelievable part of this otherwise great episode is Jen didn’t even ask whether Mr Frog followed the product instructions in a case like this before they went to trial. That’s a basic question to raise during examination. Even if he had admitted that he didn’t, she could have come up with a strategy to get around that instead of being ambushed on the spot.

All this was missing was the sitcom cheering moment like when every time Steve Urkel shows up in Family Matters

122dd96f422eaf161e547a596761dc779bd3a90f.gifv
I smiled SO BIG at this moment!

Since it feels like the same Matt Murdock as we have known previously, makes me wonder how they would do Frank Castle? We'll probably never know. I can see them however taking the same route with Jessica Jones, she shows up somewhere a bit more light hearted and yet acts and feels like the same Jessica we knew from the Netflix show.
She’s got the wit to work well in comedy/light scenarios too. Seriously hope they don’t recast her.

Good episode.

It was good to see happy Matt. It didn't feel off. I do enjoy seeing Maslany in the super suit.

"Ketchup and mustard". I laughed.

God, I suspect so many of the same crew are upset over the walk of shame.

I was uncomfortable right with you Jen.

The end was a bit of a shift. And god, do I hate those Damage Control fake guns. They look so bad.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the CGI parkour, and some of the fighting didn't look great... but I hope that's only because it's She-Hulk.
Only time it looked a little off to me was when She-Hulk picked him up

I also didn't get the complaints about CGI here. I thought it was all pretty good those episode.

My only complaint was that the ending didn’t fit with the rest of the episode. It really did feel tacked on. I would have ended it with them hooking up and then Matt doing the walk of shame as a post credit scene. Save the ending that we did see for episode 9 and show that story in its entirety for that episode.

I also didn't get the complaints about CGI here. I thought it was all pretty good those episode.

Well the fight scenes, but the scenes in her office or in the courtroom still looked bad. Even her business suit didn't look real compared to other people's clothing. Once it got to the action scenes with DD or at the gala the CGI looked much better and she even had texture to her skin.

This was definitely the best episode of the series so far and DD did feel like the same character as the Netflix series. I'm glad they didn't go over the top with him and make him a joke. Yes he was lighter in places but not out of character at all.

I hope they keep the DD theme tune for the new series instead of trying to compose a new one. I do wish they kept the DD logo too though.

Well the fight scenes, but the scenes in her office or in the courtroom still looked bad. Even her business suit didn't look real compared to other people's clothing. Once it got to the action scenes with DD or at the gala the CGI looked much better and she even had texture to her skin.

This was definitely the best episode of the series so far and DD did feel like the same character as the Netflix series. I'm glad they didn't go over the top with him and make him a joke. Yes he was lighter in places but not out of character at all.

I hope they keep the DD theme tune for the new series instead of trying to compose a new one. I do wish they kept the DD logo too though.

Well earlier in the thread people had been complaining about the CGI on DD and that I thought was fine. I should have specified.

My only complaint was that the ending didn’t fit with the rest of the episode. It really did feel tacked on. I would have ended it with them hooking up and then Matt doing the walk of shame as a post credit scene. Save the ending that we did see for episode 9 and show that story in its entirety for that episode.

I think the reason they did it this way was because they wanted you to see Jen hook up with Matt and be happy and make you happy for her, and then rip that away at the end. So you have the highs and then end things on a down note and you feel even worse for her.

I think the reason they did it this way was because they wanted you to see Jen hook up with Matt and be happy and make you happy for her, and then rip that away at the end. So you have the highs and then end things on a down note and you feel even worse for her.

Yeah I get that, but it still felt out of place for me.

Good episode.

It was good to see happy Matt. It didn't feel off. I do enjoy seeing Maslany in the super suit.

"Ketchup and mustard". I laughed.

God, I suspect so many of the same crew are upset over the walk of shame.

I was uncomfortable right with you Jen.

The end was a bit of a shift. And god, do I hate those Damage Control fake guns. They look so bad.

I'm already getting Damage Control fatigue.. they are so forced , incompetent, and always randomly appear when the script demands

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"