Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually really shocked about the whole Ezra Miller thing. I mean this is literally sweeping it under the rug. What is more shocking is that they are getting away with it................interesting.

What I think will happen is let’s say Ezra stays on as the Flash, about a couple of weeks before the movie starts up this incident will raise its head to everyone by social media

To be honest, I don’t think a social media campaign to replace Miller will go anywhere. If it was going to happen, it would’ve happened by now. People will try their hardest (and rightfully so) to raise awareness, but I don’t know that they’ll make enough noise to attract the attention of casual moviegoers. And even if it does happen, it’ll be too late for them to do anything about it without wasting a month or more of work, so the studio will be ****ed and forced to do damage control, which won’t please anyone.

I found it very peculiar that Grace Randolph blatantly left out the Flash when she interviewed Zack Snyder a couple weeks ago. They broke down each Leaguer but him. I had assumed it was directly linked to the controversy and maybe WB, HBO didnt wanna talk about him.

Every interview usually has a list of "do not talk about stories".

I'll wait to get excited for it, but it'll be nice to have a DC game that isn't Batman.

Injustice? Although they are pretty Batman centric (Like this SS game will probably end up being seeing as how according to the leaks he triggers the events of the game), but yeah.

Injustice? Although they are pretty Batman centric (Like this SS game will probably end up being seeing as how according to the leaks he triggers the events of the game), but yeah.
Yeah, I thought about Injustice as I was replying. I don't think there's been any games for solo characters outside of Batman recently though.

The last non Batman game was Superman Returns I think

The DC brand really needs to branch out from Batman more. I love the Caped Crusader as much as the next guy, but I’m eager to see other characters get their time in the spotlight. The fact that we’ve never had a Wonder Woman animated show or a videogame is unfortunate. Batman tends to dominate DC multimedia too much, leaving little room for other characters to shine and I wish that will change soon. After all, there’s way more to the DC brand than Batman.

The last non Batman game was Superman Returns I think
There was a game based on the Green Lantern movie that came out in 2011. As for other non-Batman related games, there was also a Watchmen game for Xbox 360 and PS3 to tie into the film and The Wolf Among Us, which was based on Fables.

A Wonder Woman game could have the potential to be great. Superman too, but I think that could be a little trickier.

Yeah, why haven’t they released a Wonder Woman game? Or an Aquaman game? The fanbase is there for both.

Supposedly Rocksteady pitched a Superman game but WB said no. Seems like they only want Batman games

If the leaks are true, Batman will set this game in motion despite not being the protagonist

Last edited:
Yeah, why haven’t they released a Wonder Woman game? Or an Aquaman game? The fanbase is there for both.

There was an Aquaman game for PS2 I believe. Something from around that time.

There have been a number of JL themed games, but mostly it's been Batman and Superman games for decades.

The short answer is that for various reasons, studios and game developers collectively turned their backs on movie tie-in video games in the past decade with the exception of Lego games, Star Wars games, or the occasional outlier based on a long-existing IP like Alien: Isolation. Were we still in those days we probably would have gotten some mediocre at best cash grab games with Gadot's WW and Momoa's Aquaman.

In terms of just the characters and not necessarily the movies, my guess is that WB was waiting on how successful their films would be before entertaining the idea of developing games based on the characters. I think both Wonder Woman and Aquaman would make for some fun games but I also believe that they'd undoubtedly be heavily influenced by the DCEU given the popularity of those incarnations of the characters.

I mean but let’s be honest. Even before the DCEU, were we really checking for an Aquaman game? Or Wonder Woman for that matter? It’s not like they have rogues like Batman and Supes. If anything DC would benefit off using their groups and factions so a JLA game would’ve been fun. But I could be wrong.

LEGO Batman 2 is the best Superman game we’re ever going to get.

The same is largely true for Marvel. Very little gets made that isn't Spider-Man, X-Men (and even that's been a long time), and The Avengers as a group. There was that one Guardians of the Galaxy VN and Deadpool had a game, but not much else even though the MCU has been around for over a decade. No Captain America solo. No Thor solo. No Iron Man solo. I'd love to have an Iron Man game, but they never make one.

Aside from Marvel vs Capcom 4, I’ve always wanted a fun Fantastic Four beat em up.

I also miss the days of real merchandising.

Superhero movies, video game tie-ins, Fleer trading cards, comics based on the movie, soundtracks that actually had good music.

Ugh, what happened?

The same is largely true for Marvel. Very little gets made that isn't Spider-Man, X-Men (and even that's been a long time), and The Avengers as a group. There was that one Guardians of the Galaxy VN and Deadpool had a game, but not much else even though the MCU has been around for over a decade. No Captain America solo. No Thor solo. No Iron Man solo. I'd love to have an Iron Man game, but they never make one.
I really liked the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games and you could do your own FF squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"