Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find really fascinating about the WandaVision trailer.... is it appears to be the first Disney/Marvel product under Feige for older audiences.

This really has zero kid appeal. They'll probably find it boring or beyond their understanding. It's quite cerebral. But critics and older youth-adult demos will love it.

WandaVision looks rad. Not sure about the rest of ya'll, but this is why I'm so excited:

Joint-Defenseless-Illadopsis-small.gif

I wonder if this will set up Wanda as a villain for Doctor Strange 2.

Seems like she's converted a town into a 50s sitcom verse, and Monica Rambeau and SWORD are trying to get in there... only to be attacked.

I hope not. Marvel went to the outdated "Lady Superhero gains awesome powers and simply can't deal!" well with both Wanda and Jean Grey back in the day, and I would be disappointed if they had Ms. Maximoff slide back into an antagonist role.

My guess is she is being manipulated by the same villain who will bedevil Stephen - Nightmare, probably - and Monica and Agatha have their own reasons for getting her out of the reality bubble she finds herself in.

I still have a hunch that this version of SWORD is investigating/hunting mutants and they’re starting with Wanda.

Sucks Mary Kate Olsen isn’t in the biz anymore, would’ve been cool if she could’ve been Polaris somewhere down the line.

Seems like she's converted a town into a 50s sitcom verse, and Monica Rambeau and SWORD are trying to get in there... only to be attacked.

I hope not. Marvel went to the outdated "Lady Superhero gains awesome powers and simply can't deal!" well with both Wanda and Jean Grey back in the day, and I would be disappointed if they had Ms. Maximoff slide back into an antagonist role.
I hope not either, especially since she was introduced to the MCU as an antagonist for the first half of Age of Ultron. I'd rather not go back to that.

I still have a hunch that this version of SWORD is investigating/hunting mutants and they’re starting with Wanda.

Sucks Mary Kate Olsen isn’t in the biz anymore, would’ve been cool if she could’ve been Polaris somewhere down the line.

So help me if we get a reverse M-day...

I think Wanda may be a tool of whoever the villain of Doctor Strange 2 is. Using her to create the multiverse of madness.

Last edited:
Nightmare as the villain in Doctor Strange 2 still, yay or nay? If so, I hope we get that bit of casting news soon. We're already getting Ant-Man 3 villain news and know Bale is a part of Thor: Love and Thunder..

Visually, Wandavision looks better to me than the MCU movies. If the X-Men movies end up looking that good, that'll alleviate part of my concern about the series...but then I don't know if they're upping their game or if the cinematographer here is just better or what.

I thought this too, to me, it looks way more interesting then the films and looks effectively like MCU does Bewtiched and love the character of Vision so all good to me.

I think, of the upcoming Disney+ shows, the one I'm most curious about is Moon Knight. I am more *excited* about some of the others ( like Falcon and the Winter Soldier ), but Moon Knight leaves me with the big question: what will it even *be*? Moon Knight in the comics is a second tier character, whose been portrayed in a wide variety of ways and uses. This means they are free, moreso than normal, to do almost anything with him. Will he be a flat Batman knockoff ( probably not )? A neo-pulp adventurer? A monster hunter with more spandex than average? A complete madman? Will the show focus on mundane crime or supernatural affairs? Will they keep Khonshu, and if so, how?

I have no idea how it will all shake out, but I have a sneaking suspicion that whatever the form? That will now be the "iconic" Moon Knight, and he will thusly grow a *lot* in profile.

Interesting to note, but Photon/Monica must have superpowers at this point. Otherwise she wouldn't have survived that attack .

Visually, Wandavision looks better to me than the MCU movies. If the X-Men movies end up looking that good, that'll alleviate part of my concern about the series...but then I don't know if they're upping their game or if the cinematographer here is just better or what.

The cinematography is different and stylized for Wandavision because its supposed to convey that it's an 'altered' reality.... compared to the regular MCU.

Falcon and the Snowman will look more like the standard MCU cinematography.

The cinematography is different and stylized for Wandavision because its supposed to convey that it's an 'altered' reality.... compared to the regular MCU.

Falcon and the Snowman will look more like the standard MCU cinematography.

But even in the bit with SWORD, there was better lighting and depth of color, more like the Fox movies.

Sad Supergirl is coming to a close, one of the better CW shows for me, but if it's helped establish the character more for others to 'get into' and helps get her a separate DCEU film. then job well done. :SG:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"