Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that DC’s taking risks. Not all their risks pay off but theyre doing off the wall s*** that Marvel wouldnt dare attempt. L

DC also frequently runs to the same well (Batman).

From what we've seen so far, nothing DC has been doing is as "off the wall" as WandaVision.

I don’t think Batmam Beyond is a guaranteed billion dollar film or anything. I think it would be awesome, but do I think ignoring quality that it sells itself like a Wonder Woman or something? No.

I'm still confounded that it's taken this long to make a Flash movie. Feels like an easy billion in the right hands.

I don’t think Batmam Beyond is a guaranteed billion dollar film or anything. I think it would be awesome, but do I think ignoring quality that it sells itself like a Wonder Woman or something? No.

I think BB is about as close to a sure thing as you can get in the crowded Before Times CBM market. You've got the Bat Brand going for it, probably Keaton in the Old Man Wayne role, and a young up and comer in a high tech Iron Man-y type super suit. If it ever gets made it may end up on Max, but I think Batman Beyond has as much potential as anything else DC has in the pipeline.

I just remembered this interview Molina did in 2014.
Alfred Molina Would Bring Back Doc Ock for Sinister Six in a Heartbeat
That was the most fun I think I’ve ever had on a movie of that kind, you know, those big, big sort of features where you spend like six months hanging off a wire, you know, and that stuff. But it was the first movie of that kind that I’ve ever been involved in. I had a wonderful time. I loved it. I mean, I’d go back and do it again in a heartbeat.

If Molina is back then the theory about The Sinister Six being composed of villains from different cinematic Spider-Man universes is probably how it's going to be done. That will be what brings Tom, Tobey and Andrew together IMO.

Kristen got rumored to also be coming back last month per that DanielRPK guy:cwink:

Oh. In that case...
tumblr_pwlvn79ukI1rqsnxoo4_540.gifv

Its funny, the internet has already pretty much determined that this movie is a Spiderverse movie that if it is revealed that it isnt and has nothing to do with Tobey or Garfield then everyones gonna be massively disappointed. :funny:

Its funny, the internet has already pretty much determined that this movie is a Spiderverse movie that if it is revealed that it isnt and has nothing to do with Tobey or Garfield then everyones gonna be massively disappointed. :funny:

Speak for yourself :o

My preference would be anything but Spiderverse

I mean I would love a Spider-Verse and to see Tobey and co again more than anything. I just greatly stress and doubt their ability to build it up and pull it off well.

Spider-Verse would be the only thing that would make me interested in an MCU Spidey again (or anything Raimi related for that matter ) so I probably would be let down if it doesn't happen lol. It is what it is though. 10 years ago I could never imagine this even being talked about.

Not terribly interested in Spider-Verse either. I’d much rather them give us the Clone Saga or the Six Arms Saga instead lol.

I was hoping to see Peter mentoring two young mutant "Amazing Friends" with contrasting power sets.

I think many seem to think this will be amazing because Into the Spiderverse was. But, that was a whole other animal. The movie wasn't good because it was a mutiverse romp. It was great cause Lord and Miller crafted a great movie that happened to involve multiple Spider-Men. I enjoyed the previous Holland Spider-Man films. But this just feels like trying to shove the Spiderverse in our faces cause it got an Oscar and is popular. Not because it was the natural evolution of the series. I have many concerns it will be rushed as hell and bank on novelty/nostalgia to make people like it.

Whatever they do, I just hope the name ‘Uncle Ben’ is finally uttered in the movie and that Marisa Tomei has more to do instead of just crack the occasional joke and saying ‘Peter tingle’.

That’s a total waste of a talented actress.

I don't know how to feel about a Spider-Verse film, but I know I don't care about Holland's Spider-Man, so it has my attention as much as anything else they might do. Maybe something interesting could come out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"