• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to toot my own horn, but there's already a thread devoted to this:

Which Superhero films belong in the National Film Registry?
Yep. Thought it should be shared here as well just cause.

People in this thread reacting to this news:

tenor.gif

I'm genuinely surprised it even made it out the gate when Ghost Rider was killed in its cradle.

I'm genuinely surprised it even made it out the gate when Ghost Rider was killed in its cradle.
I don't think it would have, but it was already filming when the transition happened so they just rolled with it.

So edgy.

During the release of Hamilton on Disney+...
Lin-Manuel Miranda noted that the ratings board within the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) has strict rules about how many times the use of a certain word, like “****,” can be used. Technically more than one “****” and a movie should receive an R rating. Disney Plus has strict rules about what can appear on its namesake streaming service, barring anything above a PG-13.

So if Batman drops 2 f bombs it's probably going to be R rated.

I don’t particularly care about how child friendly superheroes are, a lot of the best supherhero fiction is aimed at teenagers or adults - that’s just a reality of the genre now, but Justice League is a bizarre one. Like, I can see the logic behind an r rated Daredevil, Wolverine, Moon Knight or even probably Batman with the right screenplay but the ****ing Justice League?

I don’t particularly care about how child friendly superheroes are, a lot of the best supherhero fiction is aimed at teenagers or adults - that’s just a reality of the genre now, but Justice League is a bizarre one. Like, I can see the logic behind an r rated Daredevil, Wolverine, Moon Knight or even probably Batman with the right screenplay but the ****ing Justice League?

Yeah, the characters matter. If Marvel made an R-rated Deadpool, then I'd be really happy. Not so much if they made an R-rated Fantastic Four. Snyder doesn't understand this one bit.

I mean who doesn't want to see not one but two movies featuring Superman and Wonder Woman without their kids.

I'm actually all for him trying to get the thing released theatrically. With how willy nilly those Snyder fans were throwing around their money to petition the film, I'm sure they'd throw all kinds of money at it to see it in theaters.

After Batman v Superman, I don't think there was much question that Zack's Justice League would be targeted toward teens and adults. This is just...making it explicit.

Such a great idea. Make the worlds greatest superheroes inaccessible to.......kids. You can’t make this **** up.
I agree with you, as I think making an R-rated Justice League is stupid as all hell. That being said, there are plenty of kids out there with access to R-rated movies. I went to a sold out show of Deadpool 2 on opening night and maybe a third of the audience was under the age of 15.

So edgy.

During the release of Hamilton on Disney+...

So if Batman drops 2 f bombs it's probably going to be R rated.
That might not be the only reason the movie is getting an R-rating. According to Snyder the violence in his cut is quite graphic.
Asked for details about what makes the new footage explicit, Snyder reveals, "There's one scene where Batman drops an F-bomb. Cyborg is not too happy with what's going on with his life before he meets the Justice League, and he tends to speak his mind. And Steppenwolf is pretty much just hacking people in half. So [the rating would be due to] violence and profanity, probably both."

I agree with you, as I think making an R-rated Justice League is stupid as all hell. That being said, there are plenty of kids out there with access to R-rated movies. I went to a sold out show of Deadpool 2 on opening night and maybe a third of the audience was under the age of 15.
To be honest, most R Rated content you’d find in a Snyder or Deadpool movie is fine for a majority of kids above twelve. The rating system is super arbitrary.

It also depends on the kid.

To be fair, like, the last 10 DC animated movies—Justice League ones included—were pretty damn R Rated. Apokolips War was freaking graphic af man.

I still prefer to have my superhero movies be like DCAU, aimed more towards younger audience than being intended as more adult oriented.

Captain America Civil War >>> Deadpool
Whoops, I worded that quote the wrong way. But yeah, this is what I was referring to.

This reminds me of the dream I had last night about having burgers with Chun Li and the film versions of the Guardians of the Galaxy, we ordered Earth burgers and received them while we're far up in space.

Emma Fuhrmann(original actress for adult Cassie Lang In Endgame) reacted to the news of her being recast today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"