Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, sucks they ****-canned her seemingly for being a relative unknown.

Are we on the third person to play Cassie Lang now? Timey wimey schenanigans really sped it up and then this.

It's a shame if you ask me. Personally, she made quite an impression in Endgame and I thought her little scene with Rudd had more heart than most of the MCU (though Endgame had a lot of scenes like that).

Plus come on, if you're going to maintain a continuity at least try to keep your cast on point. I get that sometimes you have to recast when the actor doesn't want to come back but prioritizing star power defeats the purpouse of a cinematic universe. I can only speak for myself but the next time I see the character, there will be a clear (and unnecessary) disconnect between Endgame's gravitas and whatever sequel comes from this (and I don't know about you, but given that Endgame is literally the biggest movie in the MCU and one of the best ones as well is not something you can't simply ask viewers to ignore).

Emma Fuhrmann(original actress for adult Cassie Lang In Endgame) reacted to the news of her being recast today.

I understand that its the job, but I have enormous sympathy for actors having to go through career setbacks in such a public fashion. Feige and company must have felt Ms. Newton was better suited for headlining a Young Avengers flick. And she does look an awful lot like onscreen mom Judy Greer.

I like Kathryn Newton so that's cool she was cast. I was a bit surprised they didn't use Emma Fuhrmann, but I don't/didn't mind. I figured they wanted to cast someone based on career heat. Especially if Cassie is meant to be in a Young Avengers (meh) property. I think the days of the MCU casting people in need of a comeback (RDJ), relative unknowns (Hemsworth), and actors who have an odd career perception (Evans) as the leads/title roles is, for the most part, over. If you look the lead/title role casting now vs 10 years ago it's pretty different. And before anyone says anything, I'm not saying that that is a bad thing. Just a general observation of the casting. So in that aspect Im not surprised. And also it could just be simply Newton is the better actress

I do feel a bit sorry for Emma Fuhrmann. But that's the name of the game. Hope it all works out for her

Last edited:
It's a shame if you ask me. Personally, she made quite an impression in Endgame and I thought her little scene with Rudd had more heart than most of the MCU (though Endgame had a lot of scenes like that).

But to be honest charming Paul Rudd carries the whole scene, I have really no face of tennager Cassie in my head so I am fine with a recasting.

I feel bad for Emma Fuhrmann too but I can see why they're going with the more experienced Newton since they're giving Cassie a much bigger role. What's interesting to me is that Fuhrmann looks more like she could pass for being Rudd's daughter while Newton could totally pass for Judy Greer's daughter.

Plus come on, if you're going to maintain a continuity at least try to keep your cast on point. I get that sometimes you have to recast when the actor doesn't want to come back but prioritizing star power defeats the purpouse of a cinematic universe. I can only speak for myself but the next time I see the character, there will be a clear (and unnecessary) disconnect between Endgame's gravitas and whatever sequel comes from this (and I don't know about you, but given that Endgame is literally the biggest movie in the MCU and one of the best ones as well is not something you can't simply ask viewers to ignore).

You're overestimating how many people have the actress' face burned in their minds. She was nice but she was literally in like two scenes, only one of which had dialogue IIRC. This is not gonna be an issue for the vast majority of viewers.

It absolutely sucks that this actress got canned and had to find out about it on Twitter rather than being told, but pretending she's absolutely irreplaceable and that nobody will be able to accept a new Cassie when her role amounted to an emotional cameo is a bit much.

I do feel a bit sorry for Emma Fuhrmann. But that's the name of the game. Hope it all works out for her

Knowing Kevin Feige, he might cast Fuhrmann in a different role, like he did with Gemma Chan.

Finally got around to watching The New Mutants, not terrible. First little bit wasn't the best, but I actually enjoyed the third act quite a bit and would have had me on board with a potential sequel featuring Mr Sinister. Obviously that was never going to happen though. Kind of a shame the FoX-Men franchise went out on a limper like that.

Wasn't she more of a silhouette? I need to check that scene again, but ti still doesn't make her character any more significant.
0FpQNy_0Y0aAtth00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back