Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get the love for Jessica Jones. The only good thing about it is the villain, everything else is boring. I like the actress but for some reason I'm indifferent to the character.
I dropped interest in it when I found out they destroyed the friendship between Jessica and Trish.

Having watched at least bits and pieces of every one of those shows:

1. Daredevil
2. Jessica Jones
3. Legends of Tomorrow
4. Flash
5. Doom Patrol
6. Arrow
7. Agents of SHIELD
8. Titans

Daredevil and, to a lesser extent, Jessica Jones are just really great character pieces. Legends of Tomorrow, the good seasons, are some of the best stuff on television. . . but its pulled down by the first two seasons being terrible, and yet necessary. Flash I used to like, but it suffers from an even worse ratio of good-bad seasons than Legends. Doom Patrol is high quality, but has some dubious overall plotting decisions that drag it down. Arrow has some good seasons and a lot of crap. Agents of SHIELD ranges from forgettable to crap. Titans is awful from day one, and delves new depths of awful as it goes on.
I don't see how Legends is good at any point, after the first 2 seasons.

Thanks everyone for their review of Titans. Yes, I realize I can still like it and I should give it a chance but 24 episodes at 40-50 minutes each is a decent size investment.

I really don't get the love for Jessica Jones. The only good thing about it is the villain, everything else is boring. I like the actress but for some reason I'm indifferent to the character.

I like Jessica Jones as a character, but as someone with so much baggage and such a weary personality I imagine she must be a difficult lead for a show. Hard to get much forward momentum going with such a reluctant hero.

Season 1 had the villain of the show, a truly contemptible person who is also a joy to watch, and is the most personal for Jessica and her story. Seasons 2 and 3 couldn't muster anything close to that.

I really enjoyed the first season of Jessica Jones, but had no desire to watch season 2 or 3

I was into the first season but it definitely drags. I found Season 2 and 3 almost impossible to sit through.

Yeah Jessica Jones S2 took too long to get to the point. That and The Punisher Season 1, I just couldn't get to the finish line.

I don't see how Legends is good at any point, after the first 2 seasons.

It is an amazingly effective comedy that still has on-point character development and moments of genuine pathos. But you have to accept that it is, first and foremost, a farce comedy that makes fun of everything, especially itself and the other Arrowverse shows.

Yeah Jessica Jones S2 took too long to get to the point. That and The Punisher Season 1, I just couldn't get to the finish line.

Ugh. I really wanted to like Punisher Season 1, it had great acting and writing. It was just *sooooooo* unrelentingly grim, it just ground me down. Which is a pity, since I've heard season 2 is much better. Just cannot get through season 1.

This looks way better than I anticipated. Show could still be rubbish but this definitely looks like a step above the flat cheap look the vast majority of the CW DC have. If I didn’t know anything about this show, and didn’t closely follow superhero news and you showed me this trailer, and told me this was a movie I kind of would believe you. Kind of.

I can't wait for 6 full seasons prior to it ending and never having Batman appear.

I've only seen the first season, it took me a long time to finish it. I saw the first episode of the punisher and I never went back for the rest. It's weird, I loved the punisher in second season of daredevil, but his show was boring. Maybe he needed a character like Matt to interact with.

I would rank Daredevil above everything followed by Luke Cage season two, defenders and then the rest. Titans started okay, but they did my girl Kory so dirty that I lost interest.

I've only seen the first season, it took me a long time to finish it. I saw the first episode of the punisher and I never went back for the rest. It's weird, I loved the punisher in second season of daredevil, but his show was boring. Maybe he needed a character like Matt to interact with.

I would rank Daredevil above everything followed by Luke Cage season two, defenders and then the rest. Titans started okay, but they did my girl Kory so dirty that I lost interest.

It amazes me how they could take a character like the Punisher and give him such a dull, slow start. I mean I don't expect every episode to be guns, blood and guts, but damn give me some guns, blood and guts.

As far as Titans, y'all a tough crowd but I like what they're doing so far with Kory! When her sister came to Earth and they played "We Are Family" in the credits I was rolling lol.

But yeah Superman & Lois looks interesting. Still not getting my hopes up about quality because, CW.

Daredevil was the perfect Netflix level show. It's really cost effective to be about punch-ups in alleys and corridors. All the other shows desperately needed a better budget.

Looks good, and I’m encouraged by the fact that they’re doing a 13-episode season instead of the usual 22. Shorter seasons are almost always better and in terms of the CW, Black Lightning has been all the better for it (their first and shortest season was their best too, imo).

The trend with CW shows is that they usually have strong solid first seasons (except Batwoman) and then steadily drop in quality afterwards. Man I remember back in the days there were actually fan debates on which show had a better first season The Flash or Daredevil? And it was actually a tough call back then (although in retrospect i think DD easily wins).

Just rewatched Thor and I still think it's incredibly underated. Even the stuff on Earth I don't mind as much anymore. It looked pretty solid in 4K too, Thor and Loki's capes really popped.

Outside of the Avengers and Iron Man, Thor might be the best film in Phase One.

- Avengers
- Iron Man
- Thor
- Cap
- Iron Man 2
- Hulk

Outside of that though, do we think Loki returns for Thor: Love and Thunder? I'm guessing we won't get an official word until after his show comes out, but I'm betting Loki will be back at this point.

The trend with CW shows is that they usually have strong solid first seasons (except Batwoman) and then steadily drop in quality afterwards. Man I remember back in the days there were actually fan debates on which show had a better first season The Flash or Daredevil? And it was actually a tough call back then (although in retrospect i think DD easily wins).
Honestly, if I just get 2 good seasons with this Superman I'll be happy as a clam, as that would be about 20 hours more of a Supes I like than the movies have ever given me, lol. But yeah, they all followed that trend except Supergirl, which started with a near-unwatchable (imo) first season and gradually improved with each season until S5 (S4 being by far their best to date). Batwoman may yet follow a similar trajectory since they upgraded their lead for S2, who knows. But yeah, if this show starts out strong, I'll just savor the good times while they last. Which is pretty much my approach to any network TV show I like, as they almost all seem to go downhill at some point.

Just rewatched Thor and I still think it's incredibly underated. Even the stuff on Earth I don't mind as much anymore. It looked pretty solid in 4K too, Thor and Loki's capes really popped.

Outside of the Avengers and Iron Man, Thor might be the best film in Phase One.

- Avengers
- Iron Man
- Thor
- Cap
- Iron Man 2
- Hulk

Outside of that though, do we think Loki returns for Thor: Love and Thunder? I'm guessing we won't get an official word until after his show comes out, but I'm betting Loki will be back at this point.

I love the OST of Thor and I became wet eyes in the end of Ragnarok with the ending and hearing this theme again.

I woudnt mind if Loki not show up to be honest. Thor is grown up now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back