Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as an aside. . . so, without deep diving into the rumor ocean, is there actually any *evidence* that WB intends to cast a black actor as Superman? Or are people simply assuming so based on their choice of scriptwriter?

WandaVision is fun but makes me miss Legion a great deal.

And as an aside. . . so, without deep diving into the rumor ocean, is there actually any *evidence* that WB intends to cast a black actor as Superman? Or are people simply assuming so based on their choice of scriptwriter?
EvK8R6DU4AUOIj2

Sure did. I didn’t find out until years later he wasn’t meant to be, but as far as I’m
concerned, the DCAU Lex is black as hell.

I said this in another Superman thread but Lex been black for a minute. He was black in the DCAU, he’s black in that Harley Quinn cartoon and he looked Lightskinned af in Young Justice.

7C8FF05E-B049-40CA-BF3A-EFBE6BBB1DCC.jpeg

I know my people. Lol.

I said this in another Superman thread but Lex been black for a minute. He was black in the DCAU, he’s black in that Harley Quinn cartoon and he looked Lightskinned af in Young Justice.

View attachment 43647

I know my people. Lol.

That one to me is sort of ambiguous. This one though looks pretty obvious, although I can also see the "Telly Savalas as Blofeld" inspiration.

upload_2021-3-2_15-4-50.png

View attachment 43647

I know my people. Lol.

Not gonna lie, never got a lightskin vibe. Most likely because of the eyes, but you know what, he definitely has that lightskin confidence. :o

They’re afraid of using him. Green Lantern proved that mustachioed villains with giant foreheads don’t work on the big screen. :o

Cowards, the lot of them. Turning a small town into a sitcom? Small potatoes. The Leader once turned a town into the Event Horizon.

and frankly, I laughed more at that. :o

Count me as another who loves WandaVision, I have been pretty vocal on here over the years about wanting Marvel to branch out and not be afraid to make something truly different in the genre. Well not only is WandaVision that but it’s brilliantly acted, well written, and I loved that it brought back and developed previous side characters like Darcy and Woo. But also I love the deep dive into Wanda’s grief and I care deeply about the character already but I do SO much more now.

Gonna be sad but also can’t wait for the finale.

Hot take: Tom Cruise would’ve made a great comic booky Iron Man.
Tom Cruise almost was Iron Man. I remember Jonathan Ross bring up Iron Man when he interviewed Tom Cruise on his talk show years ago.

It is sort of wild to think the Iron Man rights changed hands between multiple Studios for a decade and a half before being made by Marvel. Universal, Fox and New Line Cinema all had the rights and their own screenplays that never got made before the rights reverted back to Marvel in 2005.

Came across the images elsewhere. Interesting. I remember the final bit of Justice League 2 being leaked awhile ago and was the supposed end of the first one.

There's a lot going on in those two movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"