Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimate Hulk. With all the rape. Quite the Randian hero...
Oh no...
200w.gif

Once you learn a bit more about Rand, it is shockingly how easy it will be to fit Hulk into a Randian hero.

A Zodiac-Esque serial killer is a pretty great spin for the character. Not sure if they’ve ever taken that direction in the comics/cartoons, but it’s pretty genius.

Changing characters over time is fine, especially in film. thats how they evolve. Not every single creative decision will work out, but they are necessary. Reeves' take so far seems very well received and I'm fully on board. Hell, like some have said, a lot of us have been clamoring for a Fincher-esque take for the longest time. And this is as close as we're gonna get.

I'm all for change, as long as the changes actually have well thought out reasoning behind them.

Well Reeves did say this is the origins for Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin etc. Personally I like the Zodiac/Se7en angle for the film.

I need Marvel to do better with their animation department. We are going to be blessed with new Batman and Superman animated shows, but these jokers (no pun) are sitting on X-Men, Fantastic Four and have all those Disney animators and give us nothing.

Come on Chapek.

I'm more excited for this than the new Batman show. Glad we're getting more Superman content, and it's nice that they all are tackling different periods in his life. I wish we'd get stuff like this with other characters.

I couldn't agree more. Now that you mention it, it's ridiculous that Wonder Woman (at least as far as we know) isn't getting a show. It's long overdue.

I need Marvel to do better with their animation department. We are going to be blessed with new Batman and Superman animated shows, but these jokers (no pun) are sitting on X-Men, Fantastic Four and have all those Disney animators and give us nothing.

Come on Chapek.
Yeah, and the only thing that they have in the pipeline is What If which kinda irks me because with Marvel animation rn everything has to be MCU or MCU-lite. Can't make something that lifts from the rich comic history anymore, gotta make it look like the movies (most of the Loeb era cartoons) or literally tie in to the movies (now with Feige in charge of TV).

Neat choice. They apparently directed some Ms. Marvel episodes too.

Well Reeves did say this is the origins for Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin etc.

Honestly, this is why I don't understand what all the hoopla is about. So far, almost every classic character we've seen seems to be in some sort of prototypical stage. Who is to say that some point, Riddler doesn't end up looking more like classic Riddler?

As for the announced Batman and Superman cartoons...I hope they don't get any BTAS voice actors involved, and unless this Superman cartoon is going to be particularly Golden Age or All Star Superman influenced, I'm not very interested, to be honest.

Last edited:
The same dude who first reported that Alfred Molina was in Spider-Man: No Way Home is saying Batgirl will be part of the rebooted post-Flashpoint DCEU.

E1x-vCcUcAI-hxy

Treat this as a rumor for now until the trades confirm this.

Honestly, this is why I don't understand what all the hoopla is about. So far, almost every classic character we've seen seems to be in some sort of prototypical stage. Who is to say that some point, Riddler doesn't end up looking more like classic Riddler?

As for the announced Batman and Superman cartoons...I hope they don't get any BTAS voice actors involved, and unless this Superman cartoon is going to be particularly Golden Age or All Star Superman influenced, I'm not very interested, to be honest.

It's just fans being fans. I've learnt to with hold judgement and criticism until I see the movie for myself. Have no problem with how all the characters look in The Batman. Riddler looks creepy.

This may sound... quite sacrilegious, but I really hope they don’t bring Conroy back for this. I think his time has passed, and I prefer to see another actor for Batman.

I was with it until Bruce Timm came up.

I have no interest in DC Animated films. So the Injustice project I have no interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"