Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Feige would say “bet” right back. Spider-man served his purpose, the MCU doesnt need him. Sure, I’m sure they would LIKE to keep him onboard, im sure Feige has plans to have Spidey team up with the F4 and Xmen and future event films but if push comes to shove the MCU has become its own gargantuan beast with worldwide audiences with or without the webslinger.

I kind of suspect that is part of why Ms Marvel is getting a push: she's a character who fits a similar dramatic niche to Spider-man, only with Marvel having full ownership. She's not just a rare successful new character, she's the *fall back plan* for if they can't use Spider-man.

My gripe with Loki is that it’s just too much Loki/Owen Wilson at times. Then that other black lady who’s the Hunter is so aggressive until she gets annoying. Loki is really the only likeable character.

That’s why I think this show is just okay.

I mean. . . the TVA are very clearly flagged as the bad guys. Why would you expect most of them to be likable?

I think I'm bouncing off of Loki. Hiddleston is enjoyable, of course. The episodes are too long. All for the sake of exposition. I just don't think Marvel is picking good people for pacing these shows. I was able to do Wandavision last week, mainly due to the shorter episode lengths it started out with. And that show still had pacing issues.

My gripe with Loki is that it’s just too much Loki/Owen Wilson at times. Then that other black lady who’s the Hunter is so aggressive until she gets annoying. Loki is really the only likeable character.

That’s why I think this show is just okay.
I'm sorta with you two here. I was really looking forward to Loki but something about it just isn't clicking for me yet. The episodes don't necessarily feel long for me but it's definitely just a lot of exposition and the characters just aren't all that interesting.

Even Loki feels a little off to me. I know this is the first time he's really been at the forefront but it doesn't feel like the same Loki to me.

I'm enjoying Loki for the most part, but I have to say, I don't get why it's being praised by some so highly. I remember hearing similar with Falcon and The Winter Soldier and I was pretty underwhelmed with that show. I mean I liked it, but it came and went haha. Right now, I still think Wandavision is the only one that lived up to the hype and had a lasting impact on me. Really loved what that show did for Wandas character and i was anticipating each episode.

Last edited:
I also really like Loki so far!

It’s not Daredevil, Jessica Jones S1 or Watchmen, but I dig it.

I mean, if we're being honest, have any of the marvel shows ever been able to live up to the greatness of Daredevil? That show was just incredible in every way.

Last edited:
I doubt in Marvel Studios was in charge, we would have gotten the Daredevil TV show we ended up getting.

I'm enjoying Loki for the most part, but I have to say, I don't get why it's being praised by some so highly. I remember hearing similar with Falcon and The Winter Soldier and I was pretty underwhelmed with that show. I mean I liked it, but it came and went haha. Right now, I still think Wandavision is the only one that lived up to the hype and had a lasting impact on me. Really loved what that show did for Wandas character and i was anticipating each episode.

Agreed. And then there's the whole... breaking the universe side of it.

I doubt in Marvel Studios was in charge, we would have gotten the Daredevil TV show we ended up getting.

Certainly not. And after what I've seen from these last 3 shows, I couldn't be more grateful!

Its precisely why bringing Cox's Daredevil into the MCU proper would be a catastrophic mistake. They'd ruin him.

I mean, if we're being honest, have any of the marvel shows ever been able to live up to the greatness of Daredevil? That show was just incredible in every way.

Daredevil is the gold standard of course, but IMO WandaVision is right up there with it. They took a gamble, did something different with mixing sitcoms, superheroes and psychological drama and it was brilliantly done.

Nice. I may not have liked how Cavills Superman was written, but I'm glad they kept the logo/design for Supergirl. Love it!

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but I've always loved the Cavill logo and suit design. I love the slightly alien look to it; how the suit vaguely mimics a kind of chainmail armor in its texture and how thick the S-symbol is, almost as though it's about to burst out of the diamond outline. I just wish it was allowed to be more colorful on screen. In MOS in particular it looked gray.

Daredevil season 1 is great. Daredevil season 3 is spectacular. Daredevil season 2 starts strong and then proceeds to drive straight off a cliff as soon the Hand show up.

I don't mind "filler" because what does and doesn't constitute as filler seems to vary from person to person. Frankly, I think Falcon and Winter Soldier would've been fitted greatly from more "filler," as one of the major flaws was the inability to juggle its cast effectively without the central characters ending up as afterthoughts in certain episodes.

Daredevil used the most of its screentime generally to at least give you more insight into the characters and relationships even if it wasn't strictly moving the plot forward. Now Luke Cage and Iron Fist? Yeah, those both definitely had a filler problem. The pacing in both shows was awful, and Jessica Jones wasn't better. At a certain point, the group capturing Kilgrave only for him to miraculously escape because the season couldn't end yet bordered on parody.

Looks great. I'm still hoping Cavill has a cameo at least.

Daredevil is the gold standard of course, but IMO WandaVision is right up there with it. They took a gamble, did something different with mixing sitcoms, superheroes and psychological drama and it was brilliantly done.
I loved Wandavaision, so I'm in total agreement.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but I've always loved the Cavill logo and suit design. I love the slightly alien look to it; how the suit vaguely mimics a kind of chainmail armor in its texture and how thick the S-symbol is, almost as though it's about to burst out of the diamond outline. I just wish it was allowed to be more colorful on screen. In MOS in particular it looked gray.
I like the suit too, I just didn't like how little color it had in MOS. I think Supermans costume should always be colorful and I think with the right lighting, that suit looked good.

Like most of his tenure, I feel like the suit was let down by everything else around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"