Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a Disney branded product. Obviously they can't say it's in it because of this.

Think of it like a diagram with three circles. At one end is the MCU and at the other is SPUMC. In the middle is the Tom Holland Spider-Man films which they both overlap.

Sony can reference Spidey characters such as Keaton's Vulture but not Iron Man. Disney can reference Holland's Spidey but not Kraven etc.

Ugh.

Remember the old days before covid when Disney could use Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver but couldn’t call them mutants, and Fox could use Quicksilver (and Scarlet Witch?) but couldn’t refer to the Avengers?

Fun times.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a Disney branded product. Obviously they can't say it's in it because of this.

Think of it like a diagram with three circles. At one end is the MCU and at the other is SPUMC. In the middle is the Tom Holland Spider-Man films which they both overlap.

Sony can reference Spidey characters such as Keaton's Vulture but not Iron Man. Disney can reference Holland's Spidey but not Kraven etc.
But they sure as hell are gonna do everything in their power to pretend they are. It's actually pretty sad :funny:

But they sure as hell are gonna do everything in their power to pretend they are. It's actually pretty sad :funny:

Its so obvious that Feige and co want nothing to do with Sony too. Notice they NEVER have talked about anything Sony has done. Feige wants nothing to do with their crap. And Sonys trying to find this loophole make people think their films are connected to the MCU…but not really. Because just WAIT until Venom 3 where Holland shows up and then people are REALLY gonna have questions.

Last edited:
Its so obvious that Feige and co want joining to do with Sony too. Notice they NEVER have talked about anything Sony has done. Feige wants nothing to do with their crap. And Sonys trying to find this loophole make people think their films are connected to the MCU…but not really. Because just WAIT until Venom 3 where Holland shows up and then people are REALLY gonna have questions.
I wish Feige would just come out and say "Leave our **** tf alone!"

But then again, Sony would probably be like "Bet" And pull Spider-Man out of the MCU. So Feige has put up with their bullcrap for the time being

I wish Sony had more viable franchises so that Disney could outright buy the Spider-Man rights from them for a nice chunk of change but they'd never sell because it's what's been keeping them in the game for two decades. They can't survive on Jumanji alone.

I wish Sony had more viable franchises so that Disney could outright buy the Spider-Man rights from them for a nice chunk of change but they'd never sell because it's what's been keeping them in the game for two decades. They can't survive on Jumanji alone.

They do have viable properties. They just continually pissed them away through mismanagement. See what they are doing to Uncharted as the latest example.

They do have viable properties. They just continually pissed them away through mismanagement. See what they are doing to Uncharted as the latest example.
Uncharted, the previous Ghostbusters reboot and recent Men in Black reboot.

Hotel Transylvania is on their 4th film so I can't see too many more of those and Jumanji same thing.

No wonder they're pushing all these Marvel villain movies.

I wish Feige would just come out and say "Leave our **** tf alone!"

But then again, Sony would probably be like "Bet" And pull Spider-Man out of the MCU. So Feige has put up with their bullcrap for the time being

And Feige would say “bet” right back. Spider-man served his purpose, the MCU doesnt need him. Sure, I’m sure they would LIKE to keep him onboard, im sure Feige has plans to have Spidey team up with the F4 and Xmen and future event films but if push comes to shove the MCU has become its own gargantuan beast with worldwide audiences with or without the webslinger.

Not gonna front, the forever 90s kid inside of me would love to see a X-Men/Spider-Man live action crossover down the line.

Would love to see them team up and for Spidey to fight Juggernaut.

I think I'm bouncing off of Loki. Hiddleston is enjoyable, of course. The episodes are too long. All for the sake of exposition. I just don't think Marvel is picking good people for pacing these shows. I was able to do Wandavision last week, mainly due to the shorter episode lengths it started out with. And that show still had pacing issues.

I think I'm bouncing off of Loki. Hiddleston is enjoyable, of course. The episodes are too long. All for the sake of exposition. I just don't think Marvel is picking good people for pacing these shows. I was able to do Wandavision last week, mainly due to the shorter episode lengths it started out with. And that show still had pacing issues.
I see what you mean considering these shows are basically meant to be the equivalent of 6 hour long films so there can be a few episodes here and there that are mostly buildup, which is more noticeable when released weekly as opposed to all at once to be binged. I've noticed this more in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier than the other two. But on the contrary to that, I'd argue that the pacing for the Disney+ shows are still far better than the Netflix Marvel shows with the exception of Daredevil seasons 1 & 3 and Jessica Jones season 1. Those were for the most part 13 episodes per season, released all at once, and were mostly a chore to get through due to slow pacing, especially the last couple of shows released towards the end of that run like JJ S3 and Punisher S2.

Nah, its a different kind of pacing issue. The episodes are too long. As much as I enjoy the Boys, it also suffers from episodes being too long.

But then, I'm weird, as I didn't mind the Netflix series "filler".

I only watched DD but I don’t remember having any issues with pacing or filler. Some episodes were more interesting than others but I never thought the show was dragging its feet.

Nah, its a different kind of pacing issue. The episodes are too long. As much as I enjoy the Boys, it also suffers from episodes being too long.

But then, I'm weird, as I didn't mind the Netflix series "filler".
I've felt the opposite with the Disney+ shows since they always pad out the episodes with over five minutes of credits to make them seem longer than they actually are. I see where you're coming from, though. Falcon and Winter Soldier's pacing issues were more obvious to me on a rewatch and if I didn't enjoy Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson's onscreen chemistry so much, Loki's second episode would have felt a bit longer in the tooth for me.

I only watched DD but I don’t remember having any issues with pacing or filler. Some episodes were more interesting than others but I never thought the show was dragging its feet.
I loved the pacing in the first and third seasons. The second season started out strong with the Punisher being front and center but once he was sidelined and Elektra and the Hand took over the story it screeched to a halt except for the prison scenes with Matt/Kingpin/Frank.

My gripe with Loki is that it’s just too much Loki/Owen Wilson at times. Then that other black lady who’s the Hunter is so aggressive until she gets annoying. Loki is really the only likeable character.

That’s why I think this show is just okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"