Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, so not only does Tyrese not know what he’s talking about, he also has wrong information about the release date. Who woulda thought!

Put aside Tyrese statements. With the Disney plus deal, Keaton showing up in Morbius, the executive at Sony strongly hinting of another deal in place, and phase 4 being about the multiverse, I thought it was obvious Sony will have a universe that is recognized in the MCU?

Morbius: Sony Claims Film Isn't in MCU Despite Tyrese's Comments

:huh:

Then why is Micheal Keaton’s Adrian Toomes(who was in Homecoming) in that movie then? I’m confused.

Interesting. Who at Sony is the spokesperson I wonder? Hey regardless, there ya go lol. I have a feeling Sony will consider their Spidey films as being in their universe as well, though. Like I said earlier, I bet they are going to share Tom Holland his films will be able to have MCU stuff and the SUMC films will likely only have Spider-Man stuff.

Last edited:
Interesting. Who at Sony is the spokesperson I wonder? Hey regardless, there ya go lol. I have a feeling Sony will consider their Spidey films as being in their universe as well, though.
Take it back, there'll be no living with Darth now. :o

Take it back, there'll be no living with Darth now. :o

I stand by how I think this separation is gonna work: Holland can appear in both MCU and SUMC, but the SUMC can only reference Spidey stuff while the Holland proper Spidey films will be able to use MCU stuff.

But yes, he is correct on Tyrese, lol!!!!

Morbius: Sony Claims Film Isn't in MCU Despite Tyrese's Comments

:huh:

Then why is Micheal Keaton’s Adrian Toomes(who was in Homecoming) in that movie then? I’m confused.
6uKfDgc.gif

I stand by how I think this separation is gonna work: Holland can appear in both MCU and SUMC, but the SUMC can only reference Spidey stuff while the Holland proper Spidey films will be able to use MCU stuff.

But yes, he is correct on Tyrese, lol!!!!
Tyrese is not hard to predict. :o

I think there will be obvious separation for Disney purposes. Simply because the MCU is so big. So I can totally see Holland showing up there, but to me it will be across some sort of bridge in time and space. Specifically so Disney has full control over what they control.

I'm still betting on them using Garfield for their Spider-Man, personally.

The cat, not Andrew.

I dont see this because Andrew already proved he cannot draw the way Holland can. The divorce last year I am very sure was over this, and I highly doubt Sony relented on this. Spider-Man is basically all they have, lol. They want that tangential MCU connection so people not in the know will be like "another MCU movie!"

I think we would see Miles or a new actor before bringing back Andrew full time.

I dont see this because Andrew already proved he cannot draw the way Holland can. The divorce last year I am very sure was over this, and I highly doubt Sony relented on this. Spider-Man is basically all they have, lol. They want that tangential MCU connection so people not in the know will be like "another MCU movie!"

I think we would see Miles or a new actor before bringing back Andrew full time.
Like Tyrese!!! :o

I don't know, Garfield does have the world-famous delicious GarfieldEATS restaurant so I think he's a draw.

But seriously, it's definitely possible - but I'm still leaning to something like that at the moment. Especially as they're using a different look for Spider-Man in the poster he's running past in the trailer. On the other hand... I'm thinking Holland is going to be in ITSV2, if not all three of them.

Like Tyrese!!! :o

Exactly!!!

I don't know, Garfield does have the world-famous delicious GarfieldEATS restaurant so I think he's a draw.

But seriously, it's definitely possible - but I'm still leaning to something like that at the moment. Especially as they're using a different look for Spider-Man in the poster he's running past in the trailer. On the other hand... I'm thinking Holland is going to be in ITSV2, if not all three of them.

Not a draw meaning his Spider-Man films made the least money not even factoring in inflation. His films didnt bomb, granted. But TASM2 saw a decline from TASM. I know Andre has his fans online, but clearly the GA didn't gravitate toward his films. That is why I don't see that experiment happening.

I see merit in the Garfield think for one major reason. The idea behind him being in NWH might be to make him viable.

Honestly, I don't think it will. Holland and Maguire are the 2 biggest draws of the crossover. Not saying he doesn't add any value, but I just don't see the nostalgia to warrant him having a full return, and I don't see him getting that in the movie either.

It’s funny, just a year or so ago I was saying to myself that Sony should use Garfield as their Spider-Man for the venom universe they’ve created. And I’ll be honest, it’s mostly because I wasn’t crazy about his version of the character or the movies themselves, so yeah, they can have him. But I am rooting for the guy, because he does seem to love the character.

Agreed. I think the Defenders universe living on is possible given the Cox rumors and various other reports about at least some of them returning, but seems like the rest of the Marvel TV crew are far less likely

Daredevil was far more popular so there is more incentive for Feige to do it and he would face more resistance from fans for throwing the whole thing out.

I'm actually sorta curious about the continuity of that awful Inhumans show. Considering that Ms Marvel is coming this fall, I wonder how they'll approach that.

Unless they retcon her into being a mutant.

I'm actually sorta curious about the continuity of that awful Inhumans show. Considering that Ms Marvel is coming this fall, I wonder how they'll approach that.

Rumor is Miss Marvel is supposedly getting 'Green Lantern' powers.

A bracelet that allows her to create Purple 'Hard-Light constructs' of whatever she imagines. This as an alternative to the stretching powers.

Apparently all The Marvels (Carol, Monica, Kamala, Blue etc) will have light-based powers.

The New Inhumans are just a pathetic attempt to minimalize the X books in the comics that I will not be surprised if they completely change her origin.

The New Inhumans are just a pathetic attempt to minimalize the X books in the comics that I will not be surprised if they completely change her origin.
If this all pans out to be true, how long then til Marvel Comics retcons her powers to be light-based and it stays that way in all future adaptations too? :hehe:

If this all pans out to be true, how long then til Marvel Comics retcons her powers to be light-based and it stays that way in all future adaptations too? :hehe:

They aren't going to mess with her powers in the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"