Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some are still in denial and claim it as canon

I think the only way that would work is if they say the left the main timeline until the finale when they finally made it back to our Marvel. That would be assuming Feige wanted to bring anyone back from the show. Which as of now we don't have any indication of

I think the only way that would work is if they say the left the main timeline until the finale when they finally made it back to our Marvel. That would be assuming Feige wanted to bring anyone back from the show. Which as of now we don't have any indication of
Yep. I think if he wanted to bring Coulson back, he would have at this point (save for Captain Marvel since that was a prequel)

Agents of Shield may not be MCU canon but apparently Jared Leto’s vampire movie is!

At least according to Tyrese Gibson:

Well, I guess Micheal Keaton appearing as Adrian Toomes in the first trailer should’ve been a clue...

Yep. I think if he wanted to bring Coulson back, he would have at this point (save for Captain Marvel since that was a prequel)

Agreed. I think the Defenders universe living on is possible given the Cox rumors and various other reports about at least some of them returning, but seems like the rest of the Marvel TV crew are far less likely

Agents of Shield may not be MCU canon but apparently Jared Leto’s vampire movie is!

At least according to Tyrese Gibson:

Well, I guess Micheal Keaton appearing as Adrian Toomes in the first trailer should’ve been a clue...

Again, this isn't exactly shocking giving Keaton is in it and this isn't the first time Tyrese or one of his friends said this.

They've moved Morbius back to October now. Did I hear that correct?

Ah yes, the same Tyrese Gibson who was shamelessly putting himself out there to play John Stewart to no avail

Not exactly the same thing. In this case, he is in the movie and would know this.

Would he? Half of these actors don't know the difference between what counts as proper Marvel, and just as many don't even know they are in certain movies. :funny:

If he was able to read the full script of the movie, then he absolutely should be able to tell. Again, hard to ignore the whole Keaton is in the movie thing. Not to mention whatever other nods may be on the movie that he would know about if he read it.

If he was able to read the full script of the movie, then he absolutely should be able to tell. Again, hard to ignore the whole Keaton is in the movie thing. Not to mention whatever other nods may be on the movie that he would know about if he read it.
Based on what? I doubt he is up on the canon of these things the way we all are. If this is "another universe" that technically has the same characters, but not in the MCU #1 timeline, does that count?

Amy Pascal produced both Homecoming and Venom, she said Venom was in the MCU during that infamous press junket with Feige and we all know how that turned out

Yes, but that also was in another point in time. At one time Marvel couldn't use Spider-Man at all. That changed. They had a very public divorce and reconciliation. After which we see Keaton dropped into the trailer. The situation clearly has changed, much like it has several times over the years to even allow us to be where we are now in the first place. To what extent, who knows. But this def isnt Amy Pascal Venom type stuff. Not when MCU stuff is his visibly in a trailer already.

Based on what? I doubt he is up on the canon of these things the way we all are. If this is "another universe" that technically has the same characters, but not in the MCU #1 timeline, does that count?

I get that people don't want this to be tied to the MCU. I get all that. But again...we have visible Easter eggs of this being true, and as for if he would know this, he def is more in tuned with Sony's plan than you or I. Since they're paying the man actual money to be in this movie and prob others that he knows about and we don't.

As of now, we have not really a lot to go on this being another universe. I am sure fans will mind Ninja it that way cause they don't want Sony to have the tangential connection to the MCU. But again, another universe where the Vulture looks exactly the same and ended up in the same prison? This is very intentional, and I def think Sony knows exactly what they are doing.

I get that people don't want this to be tied to the MCU. I get all that. But again...we have visible Easter eggs of this being true, and as for if he would know this, he def is more in tuned with Sony's plan than you or I. Since they're paying the man actual money to be in this movie and prob others that he knows about and we don't.

As of now, we have not really a lot to go on this being another universe. I am sure fans will mind Ninja it that way cause they don't want Sony to have the tangential connection to the MCU. But again, another universe where the Vulture looks exactly the same and ended up in the same prison? This is very intentional, and I def think Sony knows exactly what they are doing.
There have been actors in MCU movies, that didn't realize they were in them. It's just how it is. These actors, especially someone like Tyrese, isn't exactly up to date about his franchises. Just check how he reacted to the Fast one not so long ago.

I think there is a very obvious reason why we have the multi-verse and live action Spider-Verse incoming. I mean unless you think Kraven and Quicksliver being the same person is normal. Or that the Fox X-men are somehow now canon because of WandaVision.

There have been actors in MCU movies, that didn't realize they were in them. It's just how it is. These actors, especially someone like Tyrese, isn't exactly up to date about his franchises. Just check how he reacted to the Fast one not so long ago.

I think there is a very obvious reason why we have the multi-verse and live action Spider-Verse incoming..

I dont think the intention is to just say Sony is other universe stuff from the MCU. The clear motivator I see for the Spider-Verse in live action is $$$$$. You could be right and that is what happens in the end. But I don't think that is what will happen. In the end, I see this being a case where the proper Spider-Man films will get to talk about the MCU and Sony spin-offs will be able to reference their own movies and other Spider-Man stuff. Which sure, us nerds will get into the whole "continuity" debate, but I see this as fairly fruitless in the end. If they end up sharing Tom Holland, then they are effectively connected.

Last edited:
I don't think Spider-Fan is up to date on Tyrese being Tyrese. :hehe:

Again, it isn't just based on Tyrese saying they are connected. It is also the fact the trailer already provided evidence that they are. Certainly it is what Sony is implying given the Keaton appearance and the seeming continuation of Spider-Man being accused of murder. Maybe my opinion changes when NWH comes and goes and we see how it all plays out there, but as of now I have no reason to believe that they are not connected when they are using stuff from the MCU Spider-Man movies.

So Tyrese may be a poor man for the message, but that doesn't mean the message is not correct in this case. Even a broken clock is right twice a day

I could see there being a one way connection between SPUMC and MCU, in a similar manner to how Feige handled AOS back in the day. MCU characters appear on TV and reference events that take place in the MCU movies. And Feige and company ignore whatever's happening in Loeb's shows.

Though Marvel Television and MCU movies shared Coulson's Corpse, the two were never fully connected. And when it comes to MCU Proper, what happens in SPUMC is probably staying in SPUMC.

Last edited:
I dont think the intention is to just say Sony is other universe stuff from the MCU. The clear motivator I see for the Spider-Verse in live action is $$$$$. You could be right and that is what happens in the end. But I don't think that is what will happen. In the end, I see this being a case where the proper Spider-Man films will get to talk about the MCU and Sony spin-offs will be able to reference their own movies and other Spider-Man stuff. Which sure, us needs will get into the whole "continuity" debate, but I see this as fairly fruitless in the end. If they end up sharing Tom Holland, then they are effectively connected.
Here is the thing. There is no, "the Spider-Man stuff of the MCU". It's all tied together. It's why Peter is tagging along with Tony, Nick and Stephen. What exist in the Sony ones all of a sudden. SHIELD? Thor? Captain Marvel?

Even in a theoretical world where everything in the Spider-Man movies that is strictely Spidey can show up in the Sony flicks, that is not the same thing. It just isn't.

Here is the thing. There is no, "the Spider-Man stuff of the MCU". It's all tied together. It's why Peter is tagging along with Tony, Nick and Stephen. What exist in the Sony ones all of a sudden. SHIELD? Thor? Captain Marvel?

Even in a theoretical world where everything in the Spider-Man movies that is strictely Spidey can show up in the Sony flicks, that is not the same thing. It just isn't.

Eh, it depends on who is involved. Does a Morbius movie really need SHIELD for example? Or a Kraven one? Largely Spider-Man related characters are much more street level and small potatoes. Outside of guys like Osborn. So it really depends on the movie. In most cases, I don't think people not talking about SHIELD and such is a big deal.

Honestly, I myself always preferred friendly neighborhood Spider-Man historically. The post 2000s when they have made him a proper Avenger and some kind of multiverse hero have never felt right to me. Spider-Man was better as a more average joe type hero IMO. Why should I worry about Peter paying bills if he is best friends with Stark for example? And it was always those types of conflicts Peter had that made him effective to me. Not grand scale "save the multiverse" stuff. So some Spider-Man with less Avengers stuff is welcome to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"