Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC would need Gunn more than Marvel will but if he can turn at least a few ships around, I'd be all for it.

What a strange criticism all around about everything. So weird.
What's strange about thinking Bumblebee doesn't have an interesting and dramatically intense story? And thinking, separate from that, thinking, and being annoyed, that a daughter isn't given consequences for disrespecting their mom, like that, and I think, to me, is treated as okay for it? And to feel like the character of Charlie's story and resolution didn't have a dramatic emotionally resonant conclusion, for me?
Yeah, that is an awful take. But hey...different strokes I guess
You don't decide it's an awful take.

Last edited:
All films with disrespectful teens should end with them being sent to their rooms.

I'm guessing GOTG 3 is the last movie Gunn directs for Disney/Marvel, but he still stays on as a consultant/producer for future GOTG and cosmic films. DC is a little more iffy because you can never tell what's going to stick with their projects. It's inevitable that even though Gunn's Suicide Squad may be much better received critically than Ayer's, there's little chance it comes close to grossing as much as that one did because of the pandemic/HBO Max situation. Another Suicide Squad movie isn't a guarantee yet but that doesn't mean they won't want Gunn for something else.

He also mentioned that he's already talking with WB about future DC projects yesterday, so I think there's a very good chance they jump through hoops to try to keep him involved unless TSS absolutely tanks and loses them a ton of money.

I think Gunn will stick with the below B listers. He could be the guy who finally gets the long overdue Plastic Man film into production.

Harley isn't a below B lister, though. I'm willing to sacrifice the rest of the squad, but she deserves better, in my opinion.

Harley isn't a below B lister, though. I'm willing to sacrifice the rest of the squad, but she deserves better, in my opinion.
But she used to be until fairly recently. Margot Robbie's Harley really grabbed the attention of the general public and propelled Harley to A-list status where she was recognized by more than just the fandom.

From a recent interview Gunn revealed that WB asked him to include Ms. Quinzel in the pseudo sequel. I think he will continue to focus on the more obscure comicbook characters.

What's strange about thinking Bumblebee doesn't have an interesting and dramatically intense story? And thinking, separate from that, thinking, and being annoyed, that a daughter isn't given consequences for disrespecting their mom, like that, and I think, to me, is treated as okay for it? And to feel like the character of Charlie's story and resolution didn't have a dramatic emotionally resonant conclusion, for me?You don't decide it's an awful take.

I absolutely do decide what is an awful take. For me because that is how opinions work. You can disagree, and again I even said in that post different strokes and all that. But again, I absolutely 100% can decide my own opinion.

From a recent interview Gunn revealed that WB asked him to include Ms. Quinzel in the pseudo sequel. I think he will continue to focus on the more obscure comicbook characters.

I'm predicting TSS will end with Harley's "death," Gunn's gonna shock people to show that nobody's safe.

BUT! The very end of the movie will ambiguously hint that she's alive. Thats my prediction.

What's strange about thinking Bumblebee doesn't have an interesting and dramatically intense story? And thinking, separate from that, thinking, and being annoyed, that a daughter isn't given consequences for disrespecting their mom, like that, and I think, to me, is treated as okay for it? And to feel like the character of Charlie's story and resolution didn't have a dramatic emotionally resonant conclusion, for me?

You don't decide it's an awful take.
I absolutely do decide what is an awful take. For me because that is how opinions work. You can disagree, and again I even said in that post different strokes and all that. But again, I absolutely 100% can decide my own opinion.
Yeah, I agree it's a strange take to say the least. It's just ignoring how human emotions work. The movie isn't subtle with it's messaging. A young girl trying to deal with missing her father, through the obvious device of bonding with Bumblebee. Of course she has some issues with her mother moving on, of course she gets angry. Whose mind goes to, "This girl must be punished". This isn't the 1950s anymore.

I'm predicting TSS will end with Harley's "death," Gunn's gonna shock people to show that nobody's safe.

BUT! The very end of the movie will ambiguously hint that she's alive. Thats my prediction.

Please no, I found this BvS ending very dumb because everyone knows he/she will return somehow.

Gunn's mentioned before that Harley Quinn is his favorite DC character and Margot Robbie is the best actor he's ever worked with.

But i think Gunn is savvy enough to know that everyones going to assume Harley is bulletproof. I can see him wanting to subvert that expectation.

I know that it's not an apples to apples comparison but I think in a non pandemic time both Black Widow and TSS could have easily cleared $800M in the theaters but I'm curious with Disney+ offering a dual release of streaming at $30 and HBO Max just having it on their network (taking into account that HBO Max subscription numbers aren't really being released anymore) how they both will do.

I wasn't expecting to get a look at Hawkeye so soon but it's cool that they have a date for it. I'm assuming Ms. Marvel is coming right before it in October.

I know that Pugh was going to be in Hawkeye but the stinger at the end of BW got me really into it.

19af0c3b6a8464b0810111b0a22db14ebdcb006a.gif

So when is Ms. Marvel? If this is November, shouldn't that air prior?

Apparently MCU Kate Bishop is a Hawkeye fangirl.

Which already hurts my suspension of disbelief.

I can buy someone being an Iron Man fangirl.

I can buy someone being a Captain America fangirl.

I can buy someone being a Thor fangirl.

I can buy someone being a Hulk fangirl.

I can buy someone being a Black Widow fangirl.

But I cannot, for the life of me, buy anyone fangirling about freakin’ Hawkeye especially the boring MCU version. GTFO with that nonsense. I sooner rather believe that giant purple nutsack aliens like Thanos exists before I buy someone being a fan of the (mostly useless) Hawkeye. :funny:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"