Terminator: Genisys - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it was built around Arnold, but there is absolutely an extensive mythology there, in novels, comics, video games, a TV show, sequels, etc... We can agree that it's not as successful as Star Wars in the multimedia department, but there's a LOT of Terminator stuff to chew on.

All I'm really saying is... This franchise can totally survive WITHOUT Arnold, and without Sarah Connor, John Connor, or Kyle Reese. There are plenty of fresh stories to tell because it's such a rich, complex story. My concern with Genisys is that they're relying on stuff they've covered three or four times already - they're just shaking it up and calling it something else.

It's like any new item on the Taco Bell menu.... It's meat, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and cheese on a tortilla.

The question you have to ask though is whether there is a Terminator mythology without John and/or Sarah Conner. Those two characters are the very reason for the events taking place. Once you remove them from a Terminator story there's not really a great deal to go off. I'm of the opinion franchising Terminator has never really made much sense because it's been so dependant on those two characters and Arnold in order to survive. I think The Sarah Conner Chronicles is the only spin-off to work, mostly because it seemed like there was a conscious effort to keep the spirit of the first two films alive. The last 2 movies and now this one seem to have forgotten that.

Last edited:
Ha, this looks like Salvation and 3 had an ugly baby.

Also, isn't this twist the follow through of the 'original but changed' ending for Salvation where the body of the dumb Avatar guy who was a Terminator gets revamped with Bale Conner's skin?

This made me laugh. Hard.

I think what really needs to be considered is that the series really wasnt meant to be this never ending sequel machine. It was more than just an action film when it originally came out but now with all these sequels its just become another dumb Hollywood franchise.

This looks horrible. More reason not to trust Latino Review.

I never had any high expectations for this film but man did my heart sink when Arnie smiled, instant T3 vibes. Why would they do that. Why?!?

I think what really needs to be considered is that the series really wasnt meant to be this never ending sequel machine. It was more than just an action film when it originally came out but now with all these sequels its just become another dumb Hollywood franchise.

The annoying thing about the movies after T2, at least for me, is that they're basically hinged around trying to avert Judgment Day and/or saving humanity in the "present day" (well, except for TS which was set in the future).

I'd like it way more if the movies would quit with the time-traveling back to the "present" from the future. That formula is way too cliche to keep repeating, and the filmmakers need to come up with an original idea that has nothing to do with trying to send people or Terminators back through time.

Even though TS wasn't that good, we still haven't seen a proper "future war" Terminator movie that was only hinted at in T1 and T2. I'm still waiting for that one. Or heck, they might as well go for a "vs" movie and set up the Terminator against the Alien or Predator. :p That would at least be more entertaining than the tired shlock we keep getting out of this "franchise" so far....

that trailer really lowered my expectations
the smile.....the john twist....

Just like many other posters here, I was very disappointed by the trailer. It seems very disjointed, poor CGi, and so on.

The single biggest irritation for me though is the constant in-your-face references to certain moments from the previous films. The smile - the Terminators head going through a windshield - the over use of "I'll be back" - "Come with me if you want to live" and so on. T3 and T4 did this too. It's like they think the audience will go gaga for little references like that, when in truth we're probably all sick of them. Are they really that opposed to having something new and fresh?

i chuckled at the smile thing.

But yeah I dont think this looks good. Im also curious about the action scenes. Theyve primarily just shown the same shots from the same ones over and over.

In most trailers you at least get a couple of more shots.
Unless IM completely wrong about this, I dont think I'll see this in theaters

''Everything you like about Terminator is going to be forced into this pile of **** movie and there's not a damn thing you can do about it!''

That's what I got from that trailer.

It'll be lucky to make $50 million ow at this rate, unless the hype train catches peoples eye more. All of arnolds movies post governor have bombed so if this does will that be it for him? I know there is another conan in the works but you can only bomb so much before the plug is pulled. Still think he wasted great years as governor when he could have done More action movies.

Last edited:
I never had any high expectations for this film but man did my heart sink when Arnie smiled, instant T3 vibes. Why would they do that. Why?!?
He smiled in T2. I don't think it had anything to do with T3.

I think this movie will make money, but not enough to make this a trilogy.

I think that trailer alienates the people who aren't knowledgeable fans. If they know nothing about The Terminator, I can't see them understanding a single second of it.

I think it alienates the people who are knowledgeable fans as well, so hey, they're not leaving anyone out!

How far are we away from the "It's so bad that it's kinda good" territory?

I think we're already there. I've laughed so hard at these trailers that I'll definitely be Redboxing this movie in a few months so I can get really drunk and laugh my ass off at it.

%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80-%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%80-%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BB-%D0%B2-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%8F%D1%85-1734506.jpeg

llOR4I1.jpg

24yr old Terminator 2 effects/makeup look better than 2015 Terminator Genisys. Go figure

Um...Yeah...I wonder what the budget for this thing is. It kinda looks expensive, but cheap at the same time...

Cameron would have fired the person who did the make up in that second image.

Is it just me or would the casting of John Connor and Kyle Reese work better the other way round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"