Terminator: Genisys - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people don't pay any attention to previews or advance word and will just go to the theater on opening day when they see there's a new Terminator movie.

Word of mouth is what really matters in the long haul.

Some people don't pay any attention to previews or advance word and will just go to the theater on opening day when they see there's a new Terminator movie.

Word of mouth is what really matters in the long haul.

Yeah. People may say it was fun. But I have a hard time buying that they'll rush out to see it more than once.

So I just read Taylor's interview on TDW. He said Marvel gave him total freedom when shooting the film but when it came to post production, they took over. Wonder what went wrong there.

I don't feel the buzz for TG, I just flat out do not. It will probably do well overseas but here in the states? I doubt it. This film needed good reviews to survive and it's not getting them.

Looks like that other movie starring sexy robots will be number one this weekend.

So I just read Taylor's interview on TDW. He said Marvel gave him total freedom when shooting the film but when it came to post production, they took over. Wonder what went wrong there.

That means HE decided to shoot those horrendous scenes with Kat Dennings. He's still to blame for some of it in my eyes...

I don't feel the buzz for TG, I just flat out do not. It will probably do well overseas but here in the states? I doubt it. This film needed good reviews to survive and it's not getting them.

There is no buzz in France as well.

I don't feel the buzz either.

Honestly there aren't that many movies this summer I feel or see the buzz for.
Jurassic World
Age of Ultron (and I feel the hype for this came and went)
Minions & Inside Out
Straight OUtta Compton
Ant-Man
kinda Mission Impossible

are the only ones Ive seen any considerable buzz around. That's not to say other movies wont be successful I just don't feel that much hype around the summer movie season this year.

Hardly any buzz here. Not sure If I should see this tomorrow or in 2 weeks time lol.

Jurassic World
Age of Ultron
Minions & Inside Out
Straight OUtta Compton
Ant-Man
kinda Mission Impossible

are the only ones Ive seen any considerable buzz around. That's not to say other movies wont be successful I just don't feel that much hype around the summer movie season this year.

Everything pales in comparison to Star Wars anyway.

Everything pales in comparison to Star Wars anyway.

Yeah Star Wars has good buzz and it still has all the way until December to gain even more
BUt that's all the way until December.

In terms of summer as I said, there's not much

Jurassic World
Age of Ultron (and I feel the hype for this came and went)
Minions & Inside Out
Straight OUtta Compton
Ant-Man
kinda Mission Impossible

Mad Max got almost 100% positive reviews and good word of mouth, but not a huge box office showing.

Is it "A Good Day to Die Hard" bad?

I would say this is better simply because i left the theater furious with that one and at least it seems like Arnold wants to be here unlike Bruce. But both do make me feel like, how can this be in the same series as those originals. They both feel like imitation. I cant say that personally about Jurassic World, i legitimately enjoyed the hell out of that and thougt it was a worthy entry to the series.

Mad Max got almost 100% positive reviews and good word of mouth, but not a huge box office showing.

ok...

Im talking about pre release buzz. I didn't see that much with Mad MAx until maybe a week out and then that was mostly on people on the net.

Mad Max was more of a nerd thing and a nostalgia thing. Kids weren't clamoring to sneak into that thing.

Mad Max is not as mainstream as Terminator ( and Arnold ), the good word of mouth only works with people curious or interested by this kind of film.

Mad Max was more of a nerd thing and a nostalgia thing. Kids weren't clamoring to sneak into that thing.

Exactly. And then it became just a "wow this is a good movie thing" after the release. And, from what Ive seen a little bit of "this is a good movie for women" type thing

Taking nothing away from the movie, but as I said I don't think there was much buzz or hype from the GA prerelease

I don't know that kids are clamoring for Terminator either. They're both reboots of older franchises without any real "big names" except Arnold, and Genesis so far isn't getting Max's rave reviews to help it out, which makes me feel it's going to do far worse.

That, and the quality just seems to not be there.

Emilia Clarke doesn't have any chemistry with anyone on Game of Thrones outside of Ian Glen, the actor that plays Jorah Mormont.

I liked her with Peter Dinklage, but everybody has good chemistry with Peter Dinklage.

So looking at the reviews, I gather this film isn't going to revive a dead/dying franchise like Jurassic World did, correct?

I don't know that kids are clamoring for Terminator either.
That's what I said a page back.

Someone said this is for people who don't know Terminator. And I asked: If I hadn't seen Terminator would this even be on my radar?

Kids don't care about Arnold. If you don't care about Arnold or Terminator does this look good?

No way really to tell unless you ask around

I have to agree, not just with this movie but this summer in general has had less hype then previous years. Ultron was a dud for me and aside from mad max and jurassic world being massive surprises for me the rest have sucked. The rest of the movies this summer are coming but who os really talking about them? Antman may pick up some steam as the time draws near but thats still a tough sell. I really feel like movies like star wars belong in the summer time and not holiday releases in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"