Terminator: Genisys - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trailer showed that that admittedly confusing plot synopsis was the real deal for the most part anyway.

The T-1000 doesn't have to look like Robert Patrick.
You have point....

I guess If the T-1000 is the 'chassis' they could have different 'skins'.

Much like the T-800 chassis The Arnie one is the model 101

This T-1000 is the asian model. :hmm

One thing I found a bit odd was that Matt Smith wasn't shown, after being involved in the EW photo shoot and what not.
He is in the trailer. Just in the background, during one the shots in the future. It's an you-blink-you-miss shot. That being said, I suspect him to be a bad guy. Particulary due to the way he turned his head to look at John in the trailer.:shr:

Edit: At 0:54, you can see him behind John. The one turning his head.

Last edited:
Yes, these movies are serious business, people! We don't watch them to be entertained!!! :argh:

If you think T1 and T2 were just entertainment then i pity you, Im talking abut the themes it covered. Which from the sound of it you swept underneath the carpet. Its obvious that Cameron made a subtle message especially with T2. Its quite concerning people are overlooking this and forgetting a core part of what made those movies relevent (certainly in todays attidude towards technology)

Goes to show what a sad state society has become on a whole.

I hope they at least showcase human elements of what it takes to fight these killing machines and in the future wars . From the looks of it so far i can't see them making that social attachment maybe they will in the future scenes (regarding J.C).I Just got a sense of souless generic junk that will be forgotten in a couple of months.

Last edited:
He is in the trailer. Just in the background, during one the shots in the future. It's an you-blink-you-miss shot. That being said, I suspect him to be a bad guy. Particulary due to the way he turned his head to look at John in the trailer.:shr:

Edit: At 0:54, you can see him behind John. The one turning his head.

Haha, yeah. Someone on Tumblr capped it.

Viz1oru.jpg

The film doesn't excite me. I would've enjoyed a new story with a set of new characters instead of going back to the same routine.

The film doesn't excite me. I would've enjoyed a new story with a set of new characters instead of going back to the same routine.

I hear you but that was called "Terminator: Salvation" and didn't sit well with most people so this is what we get.

I had no idea that you spoke for everyone. You really are a fool. You're the same person who will complain about what Cameron did to the alien yet look the other way about what Ridley did to the Jockeys.
You're taking the whole thing too serious when you're taking to calling me a fool.

It was obviously my own opinion, not others. I gave my own personal opinion that Aliens was an inferior film compared with Alien. If your opinion is different, I have no problem with it. By Jockeys, I presumed that you mean Prometheus? I did not mentioned that film at all in the discussion. Why would I be bothered with it? As far as the Alien franchise concerned, I always rank Alien as number 1 followed by Aliens, then the rest. Ridley Scott films lost the edges post-1990s.

The discussion went from complaints about Terminator: Genisys trailer to about Cameron being inluential at the time when The Terminator came out in 1984. All I can say is that Arnold Schwarzenegger and to a lesser extent Linda Hamilton were the big factors in Terminator's early box office success. Cameron being influential came on later, after T2, Aliens & The Abyss. So what is the problem with this?

Terminator: Genisys for better or worst could surprise me, may like the Edge of Tomorrow? The latter I actually went to see at the cinema, not because of the trailer rather beause the plot sound intriguing to me.

How many people has Harlan Ellison sued in his career because every original sci-fi concept supposedly originated from him? :o

Did y'all forget? :)

Cameron still paid him. :oldrazz:

I welcome any new Terminator film. I also don't have a problem with Khaleesi.

Cameron still paid him. :oldrazz:

I welcome any new Terminator film. I also don't have a problem with Khaleesi.
Harlan Ellison can be silly with all his filing suits, and I don't agree with Ellison's argument that Cameron 'ripped' off some of his IP works ('Demon with a Glass Hand' & 'Soldier' from The Outer Limits TV serial). Cameron just used the ideas to create The Terminator. This type of film idea was quite bold in a studio environment in early 1980s, both Cameron and his then wife Gale Ann-Hurd didn't have much clout. They were almost forced to cast O.J. as the T-800 Terminator and Schwarzenegger as Kyle Reese. :yay:

Funny how your picking out specific points about my statement to make me look like a typical troll. You have not questioned any of my thoughts on why i wrote what i did. Your the type of person that has that sheep mentality and without substance you can't judge or engage on general theory, which is quite pathetic considering your on a forum.

I can tell somebody isn't gonna last long.

I just challenged his simplistic views and why he can't understand what the earlier Terminators done and the social commentry it underlined,nothing wrong with what i wrote .

So if that leaked plot turns out 2 be real. Are we still not allowed 2 talk about it ?

I give the trailer credit for really making you appreciate the 1st 2 Terminator movies. Probably the only thing i'll give it credit for.

This looks like the visual equivalent of someone doing a cover song but throwing in some of their own lyrics just to confuse the listener.

I don't like cops, and I don't like people that look like cops.

You take your attitude and shove it up your muffler.

Guns don't mix with cops and cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"