Terminator: Genisys - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how your picking out specific points about my statement to make me look like a typical troll. You have not questioned any of my thoughts on why i wrote what i did. Your the type of person that has that sheep mentality and without substance you can't judge or engage on general theory, which is quite pathetic considering your on a forum.

I didn't just pick out specific points, I picked out the hilariously absurd ones. :funny:

I didn't just pick out specific points, I picked out the hilariously absurd ones. :funny:

About society being ****ed aka sheep followers that can't think for themselves. Thats actually the truth take a look around yer.I wouldn't mind if the world ended tomorrow ,humans are a joke .

MYJTUk8.gif

I think not.

I think fundamentally, this premise is workable. But the trailer... it's just so over-the-top. And the casting choices... yeah.

Ah, I remember being 14. Good times... good times...

What annoys me about this trailer is it seems to reveal all the big action moments. we know the bus flips. we know arnie dive bombs a helicopter which surely he wont recover properly from. We have already seen Sarah pull up and save reece. really doesnt leave much to the imagination.

Looks like fun and I'm a big sucker for time travel stories, but looking like fun is about all I can say.

Is it even straigh-up time travel at this point? Seems more like parallel universes or something, like how Marvel handles it. Didn't I read elsewhere about two characters on Sarah Connor Chronicles thinking they were from the same timeline until they started comparing notes and neither of their histories they remembered lined up?

About society being ****ed aka sheep followers that can't think for themselves. Thats actually the truth take a look around yer.I wouldn't mind if the world ended tomorrow ,humans are a joke .

l2sJi.gif

Is it even straigh-up time travel at this point? Seems more like parallel universes or something, like how Marvel handles it. Didn't I read elsewhere about two characters on Sarah Connor Chronicles thinking they were from the same timeline until they started comparing notes and neither of their histories they remembered lined up?

I'm a sucker for parallel universe stories too as they can usually be cause by time travel, time changes. :D I think when it comes to time travel, everything is going to get screwed up eventually. I think a parallel universe scenario is a better description for this film definitely.

From what I gather, Kyle Reese, traveling from Universe A will end up in a Universe B, created when Skynet attempted to kill Sarah Connor during childhood. Together, Reese and Sarah will attempt to create a Universe C that would obliterate both Universe A and B, and would prevent Judgement Day from ever happening...or something silly like that.

Also, I'm probably late on this, but did anyone notice they ripped The Dark Knight truck flip sound effect for the one in the trailer?

I've always found it easier to understand that each film is it's own universe (even T1 and T2). Every time they go back a new universe/timeline is born.

Last edited:
It does appear that they jump forward in time.

There's a great website out there with a bunch of essays dissecting various time travel movies and I can't find it. Does anyone else know the one I'm talking about?

edit: found it... I think.

But it's down! Argh!

http://www.mjyoung.net/time/

Last edited:
Cool trailer. I assume that Arnold somehow goes back and ends up saving young Sarah, thus altering the timeline from the original movies.

I can only hope that this film gets an 'R' rating, but due to them wanting it to make more money, it'll probably be PG-13.

If yall havent watched predestination yet i highly recommend doing so..its probably a better terminator movie than what we will get with jennysys

Cameron still paid him. :oldrazz:

I welcome any new Terminator film. I also don't have a problem with Khaleesi.

Cameron paid him nothing. :oldrazz:

He was a broke filmmaker at the time. The studio paid Ellison a settlement so he would go away, against Cameron's wishes. Cameron wanted to take him to court but as moviefreak mentioned he and Hurd had little clout at the time.

Read up on Harlan Ellison. He has a long history of being a litigious jerk and the amount of people he's sued in his career for supposedly stealing his ideas is long.

Again, why bash the series creator just to prop this cash grab?

So it seems from the trailer that..

Future Connor sends Reece to the 80s to rescue Sarah but once he arrives he discovers things have changed and that Sarah has been raised by a Terminator from a young age.

The T-1000 is no longer sent to the 90s and is instead sent to the 80s to battle Sarah, Kyle and Pops.

It looks like they find a TDE in the 80s(?) and manage to get it going which allows them to travel to the future..I wonder if the T-1000 will be the main villain throughout the film once again or if they destroy him in the 80s and are faced with an even bigger challenge in the future they travel too.

:shr:

From what I gather, Kyle Reese, traveling from Universe A will end up in a Universe B, created when Skynet attempted to kill Sarah Connor during childhood. Together, Reese and Sarah will attempt to create a Universe C that would obliterate both Universe A and B, and would prevent Judgement Day from ever happening...or something silly like that.

I kinda miss the days when Terminator 2 was the only film needed to prevent Judgement Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"