Terminator: Genisys

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the few times 100% disagree with you. Emilia out of the casting is one of the few things I feel confident about. I think it had to do with her acting, not just because they were "buds".
Well I certainly hope you're right, but I have a feeling that until we start getting a look at her in this film, she'll remain my #1 cause for trepidation... unless they cast Charlie Hunnam or Channing Tatum as something in the interim. ;)

Well I certainly hope you're right, but I have a feeling that until we start getting a look at her in this film, she'll remain my #1 cause for trepidation... unless they cast Charlie Hunnam or Channing Tatum as something in the interim. ;)

I'm always right.

At least that's what the guy I see when I walk by the mirror always tells me.

So ya. I think we're good ;). Emilia is a great actress. The others in running were good too.

My biggest concern actually is the writing. And who is writing it.

I'm always right.

At least that's what the guy I see when I walk by the mirror always tells me.

So ya. I think we're good ;).
Oh good, the people in the mirror can't lie. :woot:

Octoberist I hope I dont come across as a dick here because I really dont mean to but to hear to you say I always come across as positive is REALLY funny to me.

Mostly because in some MCU movie threads, I have been criticised for being overly negative (apparently) when I have pointed out some worries and concerns I have for the Marvel movies. Its even gone as far as me being called a troll and DC lover in the Thor 2 threads because I dared say that the movie was too short and only average and had too much humour.

Anyway, yes, there are many things I hate, but I have just found over the years that its best not to judge actors in roles until you see some semblance of their performance.

Example, I HATED Dave Bautista being cast as Drax, one of my favourite Marvel characters, and I still have big worries over his acting in the movie, but what little I have seen thus far looks okay.

And if you ever saw my posts regarding X-Men 3 when it came out you would know I am not always positive.

I just dont think Courtney is bad casting as Reese personally, the guy can act, and has done action roles before. I am a huge T1 and Reese fan, been my favourite movie along with Aliens since I was a kid, but Reese isnt really a deep, complex character so I dont think an oscar winner is needed to portray him.

I don't know if they're planning to do a CGI young arnold thing like in salvation with the body double, but this is a bodybuilder who's known for his similar appearance to arnold:

d264c7acae1ca9e54da92e2e2d89a020.jpg

1235992_497757203635723_177736786_n.jpg

If they want to portray the 1984 look T-600 model. Calum Von Monger is his name.

Last edited:

I feel the same way, she's a capable actress but lord did Brie and even Margot would've been better choice but I have to admit that I'm fine that they weren't cast, there's talented folks sure but there's also those that I wouldn't bat an eye if they were replaced, Taylor's solid director but he seems like a studio guy, he doesn't come across as someone who's passionate judging so far from his Hollywood gigs, it's a wait and see to what result they bring when combined.

Taylor's solid director but he seems like a studio guy, he doesn't come across as someone who's passionate judging so far from his Hollywood gigs, it's a wait and see to what result they bring when combined.

I don't know about that. There was a tangeble air of tension around Thor 2, which to me indicates that he didn't want to be a studio guy.

I don't know about that. There was a tangeble air of tension around Thor 2, which to me indicates that he didn't want to be a studio guy.

Well that's true, my criticisms were perhaps misguided, it's just jumping from one blockbuster to another in the dream factory isn't what I really envisioned from the potential he shown of the episodes he directed in The Sopranos, Mad Men to GOT but it's just me rambling my worries.

^I think he will have more freedom on this than he did on Thor 2 otherwise he wouldnt have taken the job, his nervous laughing and complaining about Marvel after Thor 2 came out showed he wasnt pleased with how the movie turned out.

Its why I am giving him a chance with this one, free of studio interference he can make and good movie on this hopefully.

I don't know if they're planning to do a CGI young arnold thing like in salvation with the body double, but this is a bodybuilder who's known for his similar appearance to arnold:

d264c7acae1ca9e54da92e2e2d89a020.jpg

1235992_497757203635723_177736786_n.jpg

If they want to portray the 1984 look T-600 model. Calum Von Monger is his name.

I'll just repost this here, this was only a few months ago for a photo shoot, unless they're going to have a shirtless or a nude scene in this one he'll do just fine by himself.

I'll just repost this here, this was only a few months ago for a photo shoot, unless they're going to have a shirtless or a nude scene in this one he'll do just fine by himself.

Isn't that literally a must though in a terminator film? Even in T3 at 50 something he still stripped down.

I think it would be too much of a stretch for current arnold to be portraying a t-600. He's in decent shape for his age but it would be way noticeable the drop off from even T-3. Arnold may have to talk to his buddy stallone and get on some of his "supplements" if he's really trying to pull this off?

Well regardless he's in the film and that's been confirmed many times, who or what he's actually playing in the film has yet to be confirmed. Since they're going for a different type of movie with this, possibly even a pg-13 rating it may be they won't even continue the nude scene in the time traveling sequence.

I'd like to see Arnold maybe as the man who served as the basis for the T-600's and him battling one of the T-600's who essentially looks like a prime mid-80's arnold. Not as an actual T-600 though.

Isn't that literally a must though in a terminator film? Even in T3 at 50 something he still stripped down.

I think it would be too much of a stretch for current arnold to be portraying a t-600. He's in decent shape for his age but it would be way noticeable the drop off from even T-3. Arnold may have to talk to his buddy stallone and get on some of his "supplements" if he's really trying to pull this off?

I think Arnold's heart condition would prevent that.

Point of fact - The Arnold model Terminator was a T-800, not 600.

If they're so desperate to shoe horn Arnie's Terminator into this... They could just say the synthetic flesh ages as a normal hums would? I mean, if they're already contriving reasons for him to be there, why not...

I think Arnold's heart condition would prevent that.

Point of fact - The Arnold model Terminator was a T-800, not 600.

Arnold was Model 101. Over a Series 800 chassis. For all we know the T-700 could have used Model 101 overlay. Or even T-900's if they ever made him. The 101 refers to Arnold, not the series.

Arnold was Model 101. Over a Series 800 chassis. For all we know the T-700 could have used Model 101 overlay. Or even T-900's if they ever made him. The 101 refers to Arnold, not the series.

:srg: *shrug* I don't follow it that closely, I just know that Arnold's always referred to (along with the "Model 101" tag) as a T-800 (when the last few posts have said 6).

I just dont get it from a movie logic standpoint. Why would skynet send back an old arnold witu wrinkles ans moving slower most others?

:srg: *shrug* I don't follow it that closely, I just know that Arnold's always referred to (along with the "Model 101" tag) as a T-800 (when the last few posts have said 6).

Well he is a 101. And they do call him that to refer to him as Arnold. Like in T3 he said that was another Model 101. The Series number stands for the metal skeleton underneath. The model refers to the skin design/facial features. There were many other models of Terminator out there, if all you had was Arnold's...the Resistance would be pretty stupid not to catch on. Remember in T1 the Terminator that attacked Reese in the future, was not Arnold. But a different model, yet still a 800 series.

Well, he is looking in decent shape in this photo, even in The Last Stand you could tell he was training again, his arms are still huge.

And yeah Arnolds Terminator is a T-800, model 101 for anyone who is confused.

Except in T3. He was a T-850, model 101. Hence why he had a hydrogen fuel cell that he threw away in the desert. Sorry, Terminator nerd alert.

:o

Except in T3. He was a T-850, model 101. Hence why he had a hydrogen fuel cell that he threw away in the desert. Sorry, Terminator nerd alert.

:o

Was that ever stated in the movie though? Been a while since I saw it but I only remember the Terminator referring to itself as a different T-101 than the one in T2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"