Terminator: Genisys - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also said: "I watched it, it was pretty great".

He also talked about Alien vs Predator once and said: "I actually liked it. I actually liked it a lot". And with that film he didn't just like it, he thought it was pretty good: "Milking it. So, I stopped work. Then I saw ALIEN VS PREDATOR and it was actually pretty good. (laughs) I think of the 5 ALIEN films, I'd rate it 3rd."

All the times i've seen him liking a recent film, he mentions films like TF 3 and AVP, so i don't expect Genisys to be very good, even though i hope it is.

I confess the CG Arnold is well done. You know it's not him because your brain knows the current Arnold is old as ****, but the likeness is uncanny.

Well there you have it, can't really trust Cameron over T-Genisys. The studio probably asked him to do that interview to help win over the fans.

Make your damn mind up Jim!

He'll hate it if the masses do upon release. Its just so obvious he asked to do this with the franchise on its last legs and he didnt do it for 3 or salvation.

I just don't see why James Cameron would get in front of a camera and say "I loved this s***ty movie!". He doesn't need to. Maybe he just really liked the movie, even if it's not great cinema.

Its always good money. He is filthy rich but if they pay you a couple grand just to say 3 sentences in front of a camera, who wouldn't do it? he has done much worse things

I find it hilarious that you guys go on about how great James Camerons movies are and what a genius filmmaker he is and his movies are classics, yet you so quickly turn on him and insult the man's intelligence and morals by claiming he'd take the money and say whatever simply because his views on the film don't fit yours. It's insulting to his character. You call yourselves fans? Lol

I find it hilarious that you guys go on about how great James Camerons movies are and what a genius filmmaker he is and his movies are classics, yet you so quickly turn on him and insult the man's intelligence and morals by claiming he'd take the money and say whatever simply because his views on the film don't fit yours. It's insulting to his character. You call yourselves fans? Lol

Im not insulting the guy, i would do the same thing if i was in his position. Maybe he liked the movie, maybe the movie is great , who knows. So far there have been several red flags for me from what i have seen, but i will give it a chance.

Also with Camerons track record of things he said before and how he contradicts himself constantly with his statements, i don't trust him entirely when he talks about things

Personally, I'm still kind of expecting the worst from this movie despite Cameron's endorsement, but to complain about the goons' hairstyles being different is reaching. It was a clearly a choice for whatever reason, maybe an odd one, but it makes no sense to say it was negligence or laziness. They obviously were referencing the original shots very closely to mirror it as closely as they did, even the casting of the goons is pretty close, as is the rest of their wardrobe. It's just pretty low on a list of things one could criticize and it falls into the trap of just blindly bashing everything out of spite for the movie.

And yes, the de-aging effect on Arnold is the best I've ever seen of that type of effect.

I'm hoping that going in with low expectations will lead to me being pleasantly surprised by the movie. At this point, even a fairly mediocre movie with enough redeeming bright spots might be enough to keep it from being the worst in the franchise.

Oh, and I believe that Cameron genuinely liked the movie. That doesn't mean it's a good movie (the guy made Avatar after all :o), but it might mean that it will be an audience-pleasing kind of movie. Jim does seem to have a good handle on what the audience wants, box office does not lie. Or, maybe he was just so pleasantly surprised that he didn't hate it like he did the last two sequels that he was feeling generous.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm still kind of expecting the worst from this movie despite Cameron's endorsement, but to complain about the goons' hairstyles being different is reaching. It was a clearly a choice for whatever reason, maybe an odd one, but it makes no sense to say it was negligence or laziness. They obviously were referencing the original shots very closely to mirror it as closely as they did, even the casting of the goons is pretty close, as is the rest of their wardrobe. It's just pretty low on a list of things one could criticize and it falls into the trap of just blindly bashing everything out of spite for the movie.

And yes, the de-aging effect on Arnold is the best I've ever seen of that type of effect.

I'm hoping that going in with low expectations will lead to me being pleasantly surprised by the movie. At this point, even a fairly mediocre movie with enough redeeming bright spots might be enough to keep it from being the worst in the franchise.

Oh, and I believe that Cameron genuinely liked the movie. That doesn't mean it's a good movie (the guy made Avatar after all :o), but it might mean that it will be an audience-pleasing kind of movie. Jim does seem to have a good handle on what the audience wants, box office does not lie. Or, maybe he was just so pleasantly surprised that he didn't hate it like he did the last two sequels that he was feeling generous.

Its amazing how Avatar is seen all this years after. I saw it 3 times in the theater and then never again. Its a visual achievement but i don't know if there was enough material for 3 sequels, still Cameron every time you think he is going to crash and burn, makes more money than a small country in a whole year.

Its curious though how no one cosplays as those characters anymore, every time the site post pictures from different cons, you don't see 1 avatar cosplayer. Its kinda odd that it went out of the general culture like that.

The man can be a genius and his statements can be a bit disingenuous at the same time. You know, the world is a complex place.

I'm a fan of his movies, not necessarily a fan of his person, who I've never met. But I guess I'm supposed to blindly support everything he says in order to be a true fan? I'll add an lol to the end of my post to emphasize how silly I think yours is. Lol

See, I'm a huge fan of his movies and a fan of the guy in real life, he's truly a pioneer and an inspiration... but that doesn't stop me from seeing what is clearly a marketing ploy with that interview.

Cameron has said repeatedly in the past that he wanted the franchise to end with T2 and that any films after that are just a cash-grab. But suddenly this CGI fakefest with a convoluted plot and no surprises left comes along and he reverses that opinion? I call bull****.

Cameron is like that dad who doesn't feel like making waves and says semi-nice **** in public but then when they leave he's like, "**** those little pricks."

Never insulted him. Clearly, this was a marketing technique used by the studio, and Cameron took the job. Is it wrong? Nope. It's just business. Plus, who knows, maybe he liked the film, but he's showed interest in a lot of films that aren't that fantastic. Nevertheless, his opinion was used to get butts in seats. That's a fact.

Being a fan doesn't mean that, based on what we have seen of this film, we cannot disagree with Cameron on this film's direction.

Last edited:
Stan Lee is a genius. He also loves every single new comic book plot or movie adaptation of his work, until its received poorly by fans, and then he claims he wasn't too thrilled with it all along.

I'm still a Stan fan though.

Stan Lee is a genius. He also loves every single new comic book plot or movie adaptation of his work, until its received poorly by fans, and then he claims he wasn't too thrilled with it all along.

I'm still a Stan fan though.

Stan is the man, and he is freaking 92! and still takes life with so much joy. I wish i had a tenth of that guy enthusiasm

Oh yeah, it was clearly a marketing stunt to do a whole featurette with him giving his approval. But I also don't think Cameron is so spineless as to make a big show out of endorsing movie that he secretly loathed. Or better yet, it might be a sign that he believes the movie will be success and isn't concerned about making himself look like a fool for publicly supporting it. A lot of it may be just about supporting Arnie who's been struggling. Or maybe he sees potential in the future of the franchise and wants the movie to be a success so he can hop on board future movies as a producer. There's plenty potential reasons for him to give an endorsement before jumping straight to the worst case scenario.

Though it will be interesting to see if he backpedals at all if the movie is poorly received and flops, or sticks to his guns and defends it.

Last edited:
Arnold and Cameron are GOOD friends in 2015.

the video was brilliant. it got even people who read the script to think that maybe it will be good.

Regardless of Cameron putting his stamp of approval on this mess, I'll remain hugely skeptical to pay money to see this. I'll wait for overall reviews and word of mouth then I'll make a decision whether to see it in theaters, wait for Redbox, or skip this altogether.

TV-spots
[YT]watch?v=lXJGi92ge-o[/YT]
[YT]watch?v=9CJKT1BBBMY[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"