Terminator: Genisys - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally have not seen ONE single thing from this that makes me say "Man, I've gotta see this!"

I'm still excited for this. People act like this has to be T2 quality in order to be "worth it", but after T3 and Salvation both being godawful, I can go into this movie and come out happy if it's just a C+.

lolz...

[YT]9r3cr8txAeE[/YT]

John Connor is now an ultra terminator and the main baddie? How does he end up being half machine? Wtf is going on?
tumblr_inline_nhw1rtkd5F1qi15j7.gif

I don't think they should have blown that twist.
And not simply because it makes this movie look even less appealing to a fan boy such as myself(it seems seriously stupid to me right now) but because finding it out in the movie may have been at least something.

It was one of those "show too much" trailers.

I don't think they should have blown that twist.
And not simply because it makes this movie look even less appealing to a fan boy such as myself(it seems seriously stupid to me right now) but because finding it out in the movie may have been at least something.

That's how I feel. I personally don't find the idea of the machines co-opting Connor and turning him into an allie of the machines , that a bad idea in itself.

Given how many times they've screwed up in trying kill to him , it makes sense they'd try to co-opt him instead. I just wish they hadn't revealed it all in the trailer even if the idea is nonsense.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...inator-genisys-trailer-spoiled-its-surprises/

Bit of an interesting and logical article about the trailer being spoiled and why it's probably a non-issue. I would counter that though that even if you take spoiler out of the equation I just don't think the trailer did a hell of a lot other than make the film look more confusing.

John Connor is a Terminator is a pretty straightforward idea. How that happened is a mystery, but not necessarily confusing.

I kind of agree. Hiding twist only matters is it's simply a twist and not the actual plot.

Time travel is confusing in general.

That trailer was pretty f***ing bad. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the twist, but I wonder how I would have reacted if I hadn't known about it and then watched the movie. Oh, and for some reason, Emilia Clarke just isn't clicking for me right now. :shrug:

I like Daenerys, but I'm afraid Clarke as Sarah is gonna come across like a little girl playing dress up.

Its gonna be hard to fill Linda Hamilton's shoes. She was just such a bada**. Even back in the 90s we were all blown away by what she did. She was crazy and super tough, and she really sold it. I'll give this actress a chance . She's certainly closer look wise to what Hamilton was in the first Terminator as opposed to T2.

I like Daenerys, but I'm afraid Clarke as Sarah is gonna come across like a little girl playing dress up.

Yeah that's exactly the vibe I got.

I had a discussion with my friend about how things are so different from the time when Linda Hamilton actually put in the effort to look like a believable action figure.

John Connor is a Terminator is a pretty straightforward idea. How that happened is a mystery, but not necessarily confusing.

I kind of agree. Hiding twist only matters is it's simply a twist and not the actual plot.

Time travel is confusing in general.

I just think combining elements of T1 and T2 does nothing but make the film look like a highlights package. It really doesnt seem to convey a clear message about what it's actually suppose to be. I honestly think Cameron is the only person who knows what should have been done with this franchise, everyone else since seems to be guessing.

I just think combining elements of T1 and T2 does nothing but make the film look like a highlights package. It really doesnt seem to convey a clear message about what it's actually suppose to be. I honestly think Cameron is the only person who knows what should have been done with this franchise, everyone else since seems to be guessing.

Cameron has so much respect for the showrunner of Sarah Connor Chronicles, Josh Friedman, that he hired him to be a screenwriter for the Avatar sequels.

Its gonna be hard to fill Linda Hamilton's shoes. She was just such a bada**. Even back in the 90s we were all blown away by what she did. She was crazy and super tough, and she really sold it. I'll give this actress a chance . She's certainly closer look wise to what Hamilton was in the first Terminator as opposed to T2.

A big part of that is Cameron. He just has(or had) a way with this type of story telling. Prolific if you will. And he know how to shoot people and things.

I honestly think the best thing for this franchise is to move beyond the Conner family. It's just a creative crutch and it motivates moves like this recent one. Time travel and A.I. and a human story are key, but there are other people in this universe, the whole john connor thing could be just the lead into all sorts of future people that need to hide just a bit further into the past or whatever. I'm just tired of the connors. Cameron did well enough with that aspect of this mythology, move on I say.

Hell, they had my money at the "I'll be back (into helicopter dive)". And then they put this **** out there to follow that up. Guess I am going to have to stay away from youtube let alone message boards about films I want to see. No intentions seeing this movie after that trailer.

This looks hilariously bad. Clarke and Courtney look terrible. At least the twist isn't hidden. I'm going to see this just to see the car wreck.

It is still T1, T2, and Sarah Connor Chronicles for me. Come on Cameron, get me my ending!!!!

It was one of those "show too much" trailers.
They know they are in trouble, so they are trying to wow people to get them into the theater. Very typical tactic. Maybe it will work. I won't go.

so im assuming that the bus flips due to the john terminator possibly getting underneath it and throwing it or he pegs himself to the ground somehow causeing it to flip..and not only flip but then roll forever

so im assuming that the bus flips due to the john terminator possibly getting underneath it and throwing it or he pegs himself to the ground somehow causeing it to flip..and not only flip but then roll forever
Batman does it.

I actually don't think the mythology is all that expansive as people make it out to be. It's been built around Arnold since day one.

I agree that it was built around Arnold, but there is absolutely an extensive mythology there, in novels, comics, video games, a TV show, sequels, etc... We can agree that it's not as successful as Star Wars in the multimedia department, but there's a LOT of Terminator stuff to chew on.

All I'm really saying is... This franchise can totally survive WITHOUT Arnold, and without Sarah Connor, John Connor, or Kyle Reese. There are plenty of fresh stories to tell because it's such a rich, complex story. My concern with Genisys is that they're relying on stuff they've covered three or four times already - they're just shaking it up and calling it something else.

It's like any new item on the Taco Bell menu.... It's meat, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and cheese on a tortilla.

Ha, this looks like Salvation and 3 had an ugly baby.

Also, isn't this twist the follow through of the 'original but changed' ending for Salvation where the body of the dumb Avatar guy who was a Terminator gets revamped with Bale Conner's skin?

Last edited:
This looks hilariously bad. Clarke and Courtney look terrible. At least the twist isn't hidden. I'm going to see this just to see the car wreck.

It is still T1, T2, and Sarah Connor Chronicles for me. Come on Cameron, get me my ending!!!!

He did though! T2 was that ending. I believe there are interviews with Cameron where he confirms that it was the proper ending for the story, which is why they filmed that future coda scene of John as a senator with Judgement Day adverted.

He did though! T2 was that ending. I believe there are interviews with Cameron where he confirms that it was the proper ending for the story, which is why they filmed that future coda scene of John as a senator with Judgement Day adverted.

I don't have my ending for Sarah Connor Chronicles! :argh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"