Terminator: Genisys - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last pic. Arnold looks good.
BjebOEq.jpg

Kano!

Yeah, the young Arnold looks flippin' fantastic, but the rest looks like straight ass. I'm even willing to forgive some of the lighting inconsistencies - there is no way they are going to get that 100%. It's just, conceptually, this was flawed from the start. Recreating scenes from the original films entirely from scratch? On paper, that sounds OKAY, but no one in the right mind would be able to nail such a daunting task. It's smarter and easier to create than to re-create.

But yeah, the original punks' hairstyles seems like a simple thing to do. Even their wardrobe. That's just laziness.

Last edited:
Comparisons look good until you get to the very last one.

Am I looking forward to the film? Yes. Do I suspect it to be truly good? Not really.

But this....? Hearing this makes me feel more excited for the film than anything else released so far. We haven't had the Terminator Theme so fully represented since T2!

This simple piece of soundtrack makes it feel more Terminator than all the trailers an TV spots. When I hear that new recording, it feels like maybe... just maybe, the film will surprise us. :woo:

Wow! Way to ruin the lighting of the original.

It does, it really does.

Meanwhile we've got a Kyle Reese who looks more like the boyfriend Matt who gets beaten to a bloody pulp by the T-800...

I bet this movie gets a sequel. Im still quite taken back by the whole James Cameron thing.

I have a feeling this will do better than T3 and T4 with the general audience but not so well with the more devoted fans..but I guess that's often the case

puts on red socks

Don't make me bust you up, man!

I don't see the big deal about the punk hairstyles.

Remember just by having the original Arnold terminator exsisting in this new 84 timeline, alters everything, down to the details on what the punks chose to wear. Butterfly effect yes? This 84 timeline is so drastically different compared to the original. Replicating the original wouldn't make sense.

The CG Arnold looks friggin amazing and I'm 100% sold.

Remember just by having the original Arnold terminator exsisting in this new 84 timeline, alters everything, down to the details on what the punks chose to wear. Butterfly effect yes? This 84 timeline is so drastically different compared to the original. Replicating the original wouldn't make sense.

Short of them interacting with the "Pops" Terminator and it telling them to change their hair cuts, I fail to see any connection here. The whole thing reeks of laziness. They managed to get the clothes decently close but they can't get the hair? I'm willing to bet you're putting much more thought into this than the makers are.

Last edited:

The butterfly effect already started when the machines tried to kill Sarah in her Grandma's cabin. The evil Terminator and the Guardian Terminator presence there is the start of a new timeline.
The only thing I'm wondering is how the T-3000 John Connor from the future can arrive in that same timeline as where Reese arrived.

The marketing for this movie is sooo bad. :-(

Short of them interacting with the "Pops" Terminator and it telling them to change their hair cuts, I fail to see any connection here. The whole thing reeks of laziness. They managed to get the clothes decently close but they can't get the hair? I'm willing to bet you're putting much more thought into this than the makers are.
Thank. You. Zod, using this theory, why are they even waiting for that Terminator then?

Maybe 80's Arnold will lead in Terminator 6... That CGI was impressive. :eek:

Wow, bit of positivity in this thread again, at the start I was really looking forward to this but that has been tempered somewhat by the poor marketing. I am startin g again though to like what I am seeing and hearing.

You know as much bashing as Ive done on this film, deep down inside I hope its great and it has a planet of the apes type successful revival but its so hard given what Ive seen so far outside of one great cgi shot.

James Cameron apparently really likes it, so that's enough to get me to see it at least.

He liked Transformers 3 a lot too...

He liked Transformers 3 a lot too...

Lot's of people did
somewhere in all of this people muddle how taste works.

Liking something isn't the same as speaking to it's (so called) quality.
My list favorite films isn't the same as my list of so called 'quality' films. If you will.

Lot's of people did
somewhere in all of this people muddle how taste works.

Liking something isn't the same as speaking to it's (so called) quality.
My list favorite films isn't the same as my list of so called 'quality' films. If you will.

That is indeed very true, also enjoy stuff that's not particularly "good", remember having a blast watching the 3D showing of Transformers 3.

My statement was due to the fact that James Cameron enjoying Genisys means it's probably gonna be good, to be honest, him saying what he did doesn't give me much hope.

At least it has a chance of being more entertaining than I first thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back