Terminator: Genisys - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from a screening. I don't understand what happened. None of it.

Sounds like it would be easier to watch Terminator 1/2 high on meth and PCP, than this film sober.

Just got back from a screening. I don't understand what happened. None of it.

Me neither honestly. I couldn't help saying "what was the point of all of that" While it was going off, though we all know the point. I actually barely remember it and I just saw it. Bland directing, a total mess of a script, Clarke and Courtney have no chemistry at all and came off as annoying most of the time. Jason Clarke looked so out of place in this, and he's a fine actor, but he was terrible here and was given absolutely nothing to do. The third straight failure for John Connor and this is the worst offender of them all because of what they do. Arnold is the only one who walks away from this ok, and even then they do the same thing that T3 did and make the Terminator a parody of who he was in the first two films. Genisys justs gives you an unneeded reminder of how well made the first two films are. This movie makes no sense to me at all.

Sounds like it would be easier to watch Terminator 1/2 high on meth and PCP, than this film sober.
One way or another, as as a good or bad memory, I prefer to remember my film experiences .
Personally, I wouldn't be able to do that if I was high .

Last edited:
You forgot about the best picture of them all.

woBwc4G.jpg

1004004010948767.jpg

"If we photoshop her chest bigger, more people will come see this train wreck!"

Or something like:

"Man, if only we had cast Alexandra Daddario instead, we wouldn't have to photoshop her chest bigger."

Alan Taylor sure does like to blame others a lot. I remember he whined about the studio interference in Thor as well.

Regardless of the marketing, I haven't read one review that said the twist worked. So even if it wasn't in the ads, people still would have had the same feelings toward it.

Even though I agree that he should own up to his mistakes, I've heard many things about the arm twisting nature of Marvel.

It is a double edge sword. They may never get their chance. But then I see the Box Office and general reaction to Tomorrowland, and worry that Brit Robertson is "done" before she even started.

I'd hate for that to happen for some actresses.

It is a double edge sword. They may never get their chance. But then I see the Box Office and general reaction to Tomorrowland, and worry that Brit Robertson is "done" before she even started.

Hope that doesn't happen to Robertson. I haven't seen Tomorrowland yet, but I know of the reception.

Ive liked her in a couple other things and I hope she at least gets a good TV show.

I have a feeling this will make money for some odd reason over the holiday weekend, but have no legs going forward. If the spoilers I read are true then the general audience is gonna hate this.

I have a feeling this will make money for some odd reason over the holiday weekend, but have no legs going forward. If the spoilers I read are true then the general audience is gonna hate this.

Are they though. I really don't know about that.

IF the action is decent, I can see this making money

Me neither honestly. I couldn't help saying "what was the point of all of that" While it was going off, though we all know the point. I actually barely remember it and I just saw it. Bland directing, a total mess of a script, Clarke and Courtney have no chemistry at all and came off as annoying most of the time. Jason Clarke looked so out of place in this, and he's a fine actor, but he was terrible here and was given absolutely nothing to do. The third straight failure for John Connor and this is the worst offender of them all because of what they do. Arnold is the only one who walks away from this ok, and even then they do the same thing that T3 did and make the Terminator a parody of who he was in the first two films. Genisys justs gives you an unneeded reminder of how well made the first two films are. This movie makes no sense to me at all.

Is it "A Good Day to Die Hard" bad?

Plus , TG seems to have started well internationally, only 8.4 million dollars but already outpacing T3 and TS.

Alan Taylor sure does like to blame others a lot. I remember he whined about the studio interference in Thor as well.

Regardless of the marketing, I haven't read one review that said the twist worked. So even if it wasn't in the ads, people still would have had the same feelings toward it.

Yeah showing the twist or not, this still looks stupid.

Be more concerned by the fact that it looks like you made a sucky movie

"If you have no knowledge of The Terminator franchise, you'll love this movie!" - Gene Shalit

So it's aimed at this generation as opposed to those who grew up with the franchise? Fair enough...

James Berardinelli, who I usually (not always) agree with, hasn't posted his review yet, but he tweeted "thumbs up for Terminator Genisys".

The Top Critic score on RT.com is 0%. Granted there are only 6 Top Critic reviews so far, but that's an embarrassingly awful start on RT.com.

"If you have no knowledge of The Terminator franchise, you'll love this movie!" - Gene Shalit

But at the same time...I feel if you have no knowledge of the Terminator franchise would this really excite you?

Well at least one studio will be reaping the benefits of 90's nostalgia:

chris-pratt-money-dance-Jurassic-world-dollars-1434413564j.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"