Terminator: Genisys - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually had more of an issue of them spoiling the reveal in a trailer then the actual reveal itself. Its disappointing because I would like to have seen it play out without knowing what was gonna happen. I've never seen that kind of a major twist spoiled in a trailer before I gotta say. Yeah, the twist is iffy at best, but even if it stunk ,I would liked to have seen the twist revealed but that's just me. It does make me a bit concerned that they feel they need to give away tons of spoiler in order to get people into the seats.

It makes me think they aren't as confident with the product as they claim to be. Now it may not be the only twist in the film, and there could be more surprises up their sleeves, but it does disappointment a bit. I was looking forward to the film alot more before this new trailer than after it.

11138517_848793341823751_3748654530258068092_n.jpg

WHAT IS GOING ON?
Here is the real one:
Terminator1.jpg

That garbage truck in the back looks really cheap in Genisys. I'm pretty sure they didn't even had the CGI Arnold done when they made the earlier trailer. They just used the shot from the movie with a new backround.

No it really wasn't interesting at all. Just another example of "lets throw an illogical and superfluous plot twist into the mix in order to claim that this movie will be a game changer".

Really what the hell is exactly gained by making Marcus Wright the "new" John Connor & inspiration for the resistance going forward? absolutely nothing.

I think they had Skynet taking over control of Marcus and killing all the resistance leaders at the end. I could be wrong though.

I just wish John Connor didn't look drastically different in every single film/appearance he's had. They literally didn't even try. It's a jarring experience trying to binge-watch all of the movies.
US%2Bflag%2Brally%2Bpoint%2Bjohn%2Bconnor%2Bterminator%2B3.jpg

0MDC6JFuZdYx.jpg

MichaelEdwards004.jpg

latest

edward-furlong-as-john-connor-in-terminator.jpg

John-Connor-john-connor-30588694-2295-1530.jpg

John-Connor-the-sarah-connor-chronicles-635939_800_1200.jpg

We will find out in Genisys that John Connor has always been a shape-shifting alien! :oldrazz:

Or it'll turn out this is all a crazy reality created by the Dallex and that the Doctor and Claire are there to foil their plans.

This looks like a such a mess, but I'll watch it. Could be entertaining in the action department.

You know what this film needs more of, right? Some mother effin' Bill Paxton!! :woot:

It will be funny if the GA responds to this after Terminator fans talk about how the timeline makes no sense.

John Connor is now an ultra terminator and the main baddie? How does he end up being half machine?

As Reese is sent back in 2029, Connor is attacked and infected by Matt SkyNet Smith.

My thoughts exactly. :funny:

I actually had more of an issue of them spoiling the reveal in a trailer then the actual reveal itself. Its disappointing because I would like to have seen it play out without knowing what was gonna happen. I've never seen that kind of a major twist spoiled in a trailer before I gotta say. Yeah, the twist is iffy at best, but even if it stunk ,I would liked to have seen the twist revealed but that's just me. It does make me a bit concerned that they feel they need to give away tons of spoiler in order to get people into the seats.

It makes me think they aren't as confident with the product as they claim to be. Now it may not be the only twist in the film, and there could be more surprises up their sleeves, but it does disappointment a bit. I was looking forward to the film alot more before this new trailer than after it.
Yup. With the ground they have to cover, this is probably a 2nd-act turn, where the heroes will reel, regroup, then save the day. The equivalent of the Ra's plot twist in BB, although they might have it a bit earlier in the story. STILL, not something one should have to put in a trailer to get butts in seats! :huh:

Also, a shallow straight woman observation: I wish John Connor looked more like Christian Bale. :funny: :o

As Reese is sent back in 2029, Connor is attacked and infected by Matt SkyNet Smith.
Yeah, but then why does he go back in time after that? What's the point? The future is already set if it happened in that timeline in that way. Skynet's won.

Aaaaah, forget it. :woo:

Last edited:
The movie might be a mess based on circumstances. The Ellisons bought the rights knowing that it would expire by 2018 or whatever. I have a feeling when Arnold was brought on, he pulled a Bale and made them cater to him a bit. Again, Arnold is a smart man, but he's also self centered and desperate for a hit.

I knew things were bad when Megan Ellison left the production.

The movie might be a mess based on circumstances. The Ellisons bought the rights knowing that it would expire by 2018 or whatever. I have a feeling when Arnold was brought on, he pulled a Bale and made them cater to him a bit. Again, Arnold is a smart man, but he's also self centered and desperate for a hit.

Arnold being Sarah's protector was a twist I could get behind, though. The John Connor twist....why? Doesn't make sense logically even just watching the trailer.

When has that stopped anyone, including Cameron? That is how you ensure your kid's kids are well off.

Mate, he's got Avatar 2, 3 and 4 to come on top of all the cash he made with Avatar 1 and Titanic. His kids are more than fine. For 25 years he's seen people screw his franchise over, the only sane thing to do at this point in time is retire the franchise when he gets the rights back.

This is the key thing sir, it just spelled trouble.

Having John Connor revealed as a Terminator would've been a hell of a twist to keep hidden until the movie came out.

Having said that, the twist is stupid and dampened my interest in the film. Still gonna see it though. Perhaps seeing it in context will make me feel differently.

Terminator Salvation's twist was ruined in the trailer as well so it's not exactly shocking that TG ruined their horrible, awful, really bad twist as well.

I feel like this is suffering the same problems that the Prequel Trilogy did, and that is: Why do we need to follow the same tight circle of people? For some reason we've followed the same three or four people for 30 years, and there's such a large, expansive mythology that could be explored there. It's the human race versus a network of A.I. killing machines in a future war where time travel is possible. It doesn't get any bigger than that. And yet we're fixated on following Sarah Connor, John Connor, and Kyle Reese? Let's follow the Dysons. What's going on over at Skynet? How about some other soldiers in the Future War? There's got to be more ways to explore time travel other than killing a woman and her son. There's so much untapped potential across that whole canvas it's heartbreaking.

The fact that they showed Terminator John. Makes me wonder if Terminator John is really John. It could be a Terminator Shape Shifter for all we know

I think there is a very finite, rigid world building here. It's not meant to be like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, where you have background characters doing their thing and have their own personal stories. Where the scope is not limited to one thing. The Alien franchise has more things going on because you're not limited in what you can do with the story.

Terminator is all about time travel, cyborgs, and the Future Wars. You don't have different factions in the human army, spinter cells, etc. Or at least, that was never established in the mythos, and I think the ship has sail on that.

They kind of implied that it's the real John and that Skynet did something to him.

Plus from what we've seen T-1000s and other Terminators don't talk much.

So is this movie like set in year 1984 like the original? It doesn't have the 80s feel at all.

I thought the last trailer was ok. This one too. The twist actually has increased my interest in the film.

I feel like this is suffering the same problems that the Prequel Trilogy did, and that is: Why do we need to follow the same tight circle of people? For some reason we've followed the same three or four people for 30 years, and there's such a large, expansive mythology that could be explored there. It's the human race versus a network of A.I. killing machines in a future war where time travel is possible. It doesn't get any bigger than that. And yet we're fixated on following Sarah Connor, John Connor, and Kyle Reese? Let's follow the Dysons. What's going on over at Skynet? How about some other soldiers in the Future War? There's got to be more ways to explore time travel other than killing a woman and her son. There's so much untapped potential across that whole canvas it's heartbreaking.

I actually don't think the mythology is all that expansive as people make it out to be. It's been built around Arnold since day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"