The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I will believe Star Trek 4 happens when I see it.

Yeah. They put these same announcements out every couple of years at this point and nothing ever comes of it. In the past they outright lied about having the cast already on board when the cast hadn't even been contacted and they weren't willing to pay the amount required in the casts' contracts years ago, so why would they suddenly be happy to pay it now? Unless we're expected to believe the entire cast is suddenly willing to take a pay cut to get the series back, but I highly doubt that.

This is bureaucratic paper-pushing and going through the motions for the board of directors to prove that they haven't abandoned their known IPs. I will be absolutely shocked if we hear a single story more about it - until next year or the year after when they announce another new writer or director with all the same unconvincing, repetitive nonsense.

I still say Driver's not winning any beauty contests
But he's an insanely talented actor, and not everyone in Hollywood has to have model-looks

The Chinese issue with Simu Liu is bizarre though. It's like what, he's got a freckle on his cheek so he's a hideous monster? China is a weird place. First Asian superhero, but let's get offended at a freckle and at Awkwafina's crooked teeth

This particular topic had already been discussed a few years back...so won't get deep into this again but lets just say that this is more about beauty standard in China (and also other East Asia countries like Japan and Korea) are different from the West...to summary it, outside appearances, especially slanted small eyes are no longer considered attractive among asian (Thanks to the eye lids surgery and make up, that can make the small and slanted eyes bigger lol)

I think thats why Simu Liu, and other asian actress in Hollywood like Lucy Liu, Awkwafina, etc are all considered as average looking, especially if you ask native Asian (Though i wont go as far as saying ugly, but when you compare them to the native asian actresses be that idol, singer, model, etc.., you will see quite the differences 😄)

If you had time to spare...search Asian dramas or movies (there are a lot on Netflix and Prime, for example)..be that Jpn, Chn, or Kor.
Didnt suggest you to watch the whole show or movie lol..., just see a clip or a trailer to know what I am talking about here..haha.

Well, they're reshooting almost the whole thing from scratch so there's your answer. :hehe:
I still think it's a mistake to make a Hulk movie where they swap out Hulk for SamCap

They should've brought in Sin, and continued to focus fully on the racial aspects of a Black Captain America

Are you gonna piss off the racist "Disney Woke" contingent? Definitely.
But who cares, it seems like it would be a much stronger story than Captain America versus the Red Hulk

I still think it's a mistake to make a Hulk movie where they swap out Hulk for SamCap

They should've brought in Sin, and continued to focus fully on the racial aspects of a Black Captain America

Are you gonna piss off the racist "Disney Woke" contingent? Definitely.
But who cares, it seems like it would be a much stronger story than Captain America versus the Red Hulk

I strongly agree with this. The TV show would have been a heck of a lot better if they swapped out the terrible Flag Smashers with a group that actually related to what Sam and Isiah were going through. The Sons of the Serpent would have been a much better fit for the story they were attempting, and failing, to tell.

During the quarantine I binge watched Star Trek Voyager and Deep Space Nine. It reminded me of how good Star Trek used to be. It wasn't for everybody, but they had really nice moments and explored some deep themes with a lot of rigour. Some of the episodes left me with a feeling of "wow" as they challenged the viewer, for example Tuvix (Voyager) and Invasive Procedures (DS9), where the implications stay with the viewers for years after watch. I strongly recommend both series.

The Abrams movies are more about CGI, explosions, and extremely good-looking people expressing strong emotions. I hope that one day we get a return to authentic Trek.

I feel like Thunderbolts could potentially be my jam. A more grounded, visceral, spy/espionage thriller kind of like Winter Soldier and the first half of Black Widow is something i would love to see more out of in the MCU.

Superman
The Batman II
Spider Man 4

are what most excites me.

Guess I'm boring !

Maybe Blade?

During the quarantine I binge watched Star Trek Voyager and Deep Space Nine. It reminded me of how good Star Trek used to be. It wasn't for everybody, but they had really nice moments and explored some deep themes with a lot of rigour. Some of the episodes left me with a feeling of "wow" as they challenged the viewer, for example Tuvix (Voyager) and Invasive Procedures (DS9), where the implications stay with the viewers for years after watch. I strongly recommend both series.

The Abrams movies are more about CGI, explosions, and extremely good-looking people expressing strong emotions. I hope that one day we get a return to authentic Trek.

Ahhh Tuvix. Where Janeway straight up murders someone.

As a huge fan of DS9 and TOS I feel like Strange New Worlds is doing a pretty good job going back in that direction.

Discovery and Picard also had occasional moments, though they usually quickly drowned under the weight of terribly written mystery box plot twists which is thankfully a problem SNW doesn't have.

Ha, I wouldn’t be surprised if Superman and Batman II are at or near the top for most people here. Definitely no.1 and 2 for me for now.

My number 1 has been Thunderbolts for a long time. Beyond that, I'm not super excited about much, but I am intrigued by Cap 4, Superman, Joker 2, and Deadpool 3. Probably all more or less equally.

The Batman 2 will be good, I'm sure, but - and maybe the sequel will change my mind on this - that series/world does not excite me at all regardless of quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Netizen95
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"