The Doctor Doom Thread

I don’t know much about Falcon and The Winter Soldier, but it seems like it might have an international theme, so I’m hoping we could get some mention of Latveria.

I don’t know much about Falcon and The Winter Soldier, but it seems like it might have an international theme, so I’m hoping we could get some mention of Latveria.
i really hope they do too, especially with zemo's sokovia connection, surely that should cause some kind of regional instability, even if it's like a news anchor in the background on a tv or something lol

Willie, I have ALWAYS loved how you think like me LOL...I was hoping for Latveria in WV, but yes Falcon and WS could easily mention Latveria in the briefest of mentions....I am just ready to acknowledge that the country is officially in the MCU

For this Doom fanatic, the mere mention of the word Latveria will probably cause me to hypervenilate lol

i really hope they do too, especially with zemo's sokovia connection, surely that should cause some kind of regional instability, even if it's like a news anchor in the background on a tv or something lol
Yeah the Zemo connection to the general area should be used if possible.

Willie, I have ALWAYS loved how you think like me LOL...I was hoping for Latveria in WV, but yes Falcon and WS could easily mention Latveria in the briefest of mentions....I am just ready to acknowledge that the country is officially in the MCU

For this Doom fanatic, the mere mention of the word Latveria will probably cause me to hypervenilate lol

:funny: I had written off WandaVision quite a while ago as not being the right time or place for any Doom or FF content.

But I also remember thinking that the production schedule of Falcon and Winter Soldier along with story/setting made it the first opportunity that I could imagine us getting a little taste of something.

I’m still not getting my hopes up because it’s still a little early, but a mention of Latveria, or Doom and Reed as scientists or Ben as a test-pilot are at least possible in F & WS.

:funny: I had written off WandaVision quite a while ago as not being the right time or place for any Doom or FF content.

But I also remember thinking that the production schedule of Falcon and Winter Soldier along with story/setting made it the first opportunity that I could imagine us getting a little taste of something.

I’m still not getting my hopes up because it’s still a little early, but a mention of Latveria, or Doom and Reed as scientists or Ben as a test-pilot are at least possible in F & WS.

Not even in the pure sitcom phase of it? Doom could speak in the third person and we could hear a laugh track.

they will most likely show it on a map

I have had this theory for the last few days that I have been sitting on...and anybody who knows me knows how big of a Doom fanatic I am (along with a few of my fellow Doomphiles on here too you know who you are and I love you all ) but this one is just a wild theory based on only one thing....

What if Marvel Studios doesn't really care about Doom? Well for all the years that Feige has done interviews, you would think by now if Doom was someone he liked or been dying to play with, that he would be brought up more often? What if he doesn't really care about Doom? What if Doom maybe shows up only to be a here and there villain and not going to be the gamechanger that we hope for...all these rumors of places Doom could show up, may never pan out...I am not wanting this to be true...but I just feel like by now, Doom's name/Latveria, SOMETHING would have been mentioned by the powers that be....unless this is TOTAL SURPRISE stuff...I think the other thing I need to do is stop second guessing where Doom/Latveria may show up in any of the Disney Plus or movies and just be pleasantly surprised if they actually do it...

I also know that Noah Hawley was involved with a Doom centric movie but that seems to be DOA too...

You all know how much I want Doom...what do you all think of this theory? I want it to be wrong more than anything....

I have had this theory for the last few days that I have been sitting on...and anybody who knows me knows how big of a Doom fanatic I am (along with a few of my fellow Doomphiles on here too you know who you are and I love you all ) but this one is just a wild theory based on only one thing....

What if Marvel Studios doesn't really care about Doom? Well for all the years that Feige has done interviews, you would think by now if Doom was someone he liked or been dying to play with, that he would be brought up more often? What if he doesn't really care about Doom? What if Doom maybe shows up only to be a here and there villain and not going to be the gamechanger that we hope for...all these rumors of places Doom could show up, may never pan out...I am not wanting this to be true...but I just feel like by now, Doom's name/Latveria, SOMETHING would have been mentioned by the powers that be....unless this is TOTAL SURPRISE stuff...I think the other thing I need to do is stop second guessing where Doom/Latveria may show up in any of the Disney Plus or movies and just be pleasantly surprised if they actually do it...

I also know that Noah Hawley was involved with a Doom centric movie but that seems to be DOA too...

You all know how much I want Doom...what do you all think of this theory? I want it to be wrong more than anything....

I think you’re worrying unnecessarily.

One could argue that Doom is more iconic than Spider-Man.

Think about it, most people had favorite characters growing up. Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor... whoever that character is, they mixed it up with Doom at some point. He crosses all lines.

Stories are made by their villains and Dr. Doom is the greatest comic-book villain of all time.

Some might argue Joker, and while that could be argued, both characters are in that stratosphere.

Kevin Feige has said and demonstrated that he is trying to recreate the Marvel comic universe in movie form, and Dr. Doom is the single most important character that has made the marvel comic universe what it is. He’s the glue that holds it all together.

Think about it, most people had favorite characters growing up. Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor... whoever that character is, they mixed it up with Doom at some point. He crosses all lines.

Stories are made by their villains and Dr. Doom is the greatest comic-book villain of all time.

Some might argue Joker, and while that could be argued, both characters are in that stratosphere.

Kevin Feige has said and demonstrated that he is trying to recreate the Marvel comic universe in movie form, and Dr. Doom is the single most important character that has made the marvel comic universe what it is. He’s the glue that holds it all together.

Thank you Willie for always being the voice of reason....you have known me long enough on here to usually be very optimistic (as I usually am in my personal life) but I don't know lol...this just hit me a certain way recently and the points you have made I agree with 1000 percent...You are probably right...i am just being overly panicked when it comes to Doom...I just feel like we have 1...count them...1 shot to get this right....a Doctor Doom that is both scientist and sorcerer, that is the absolute monarch of Latveria, both retaining his iconic comic book appearance and personality...an actor worthy of the role...his rivalry with Richards and so much more....I just want whats best for good ol' Victor....

Thank you Willie for always being the voice of reason....you have known me long enough on here to usually be very optimistic (as I usually am in my personal life) but I don't know lol...this just hit me a certain way recently and the points you have made I agree with 1000 percent...You are probably right...i am just being overly panicked when it comes to Doom...I just feel like we have 1...count them...1 shot to get this right....a Doctor Doom that is both scientist and sorcerer, that is the absolute monarch of Latveria, both retaining his iconic comic book appearance and personality...an actor worthy of the role...his rivalry with Richards and so much more....I just want whats best for good ol' Victor....
There's no way Marvel doesn't knock it out of the park with Doom. Say what you want about MCU Spider-Man but his villains have been fantastic (no pun intended) so Jon Watts has done a good job there and look at Thanos. They knew they needed to deliver with him and they did.

There have already been some crash test dummy versions of Doom so it's not like he hasn't been tested out before to see what works and what doesn't, and to avoid any fatal accidents.

THIS. George Lucas even confessed that Darth Vader was inspired by Doctor Doom. Meaning without Doom, Vader wouldn’t EXIST

I think the trick with Doom is give him an arc and something to grow into. So instead of just revealing him in full Doom like in the comics, you might start where he took over a country and the official line is that that is pretty good because he got the trains to run on time and then you keep growing and growing until uh oh this guy just fly kicked the silver surfer and pinched his board

I'd rather Doom shows up full Doom instead of having him grow into it so that it preserves an element of mystique. If they want to show Doom's backstory later on then they can do that in a mini series, but it's better he appears like Darth Vader did in the first Star Wars instead of going through the whole Anakin stage in the prequels.

I mean, you can have 'Full Doom' and still give him an arc in the movies. Like, across three FF movies. . .

Movie 1: Doom is present, the idea of Latveria is introduced, and the dark backstory with Reed is suggested. Doom is not the main villain in the movie, he's an ominous side character. Maybe the primary villain begs a favor of him, and the Fantastic Four have to do a brief raid on Latveria related to this. Give a flavor of "intruding on Mordor", in the sense that this is hostile territory.

Movie 2: Doom is the primary villain of the movie, its all about a grand scheme of his ( foreshadowed earlier ) to both take over the world and gain revenge against Reed Richards. The full backstory is revealed here in flashbacks. Pull out all the stops, in grand evil overlord style. This should feel like fighting Iron Man's smarter, more gothic, also-a-wizard evil twin. In the end, the FF wins, because power of teamwork ( and also being legitimately smart and powerful in their own right ), and Doom's world conquest scheme is smashed. . . though he is not killed or imprisoned or anything, just driven back to Latveria ( possibly with a rebellion to give him some added consequences ).

Movie 3: Cosmic Villain arrives ( Galactus, Annihilus, whatever, the FF have plenty ). The primary idea here is "The heroes and Doom team up", both because the threat is bigger and weirder that Doom has a good pragmatic reason to help, and because if you've done it right the audience will want to see a teamup anyway. *cough* This starts as simply a collaboration of interests, but eventually you have something like "One of the Richards kids is mortally injured/diseased/etc", it is beyond the skill of Reed to help them, and so he without pride or reluctance begs help of Doom. This acts as a soft conclusion of the Accursed Richards Arc, as Doom accepts this abasement as suitable recompense for past "slights". Doom isn't suddenly a good guy with heroic motives and actions, but he's not interested in sending giant armies at the Fantastic Four to prove he's more macho than them, either.

I'm all for giving Doom an arc, but an arc from where he is as full-on Doom, not an arc up to where he is on how he became full-on Doom. Leave that for a later time (eg a mini series).

I think the trick with Doom is give him an arc and something to grow into. So instead of just revealing him in full Doom like in the comics, you might start where he took over a country and the official line is that that is pretty good because he got the trains to run on time and then you keep growing and growing until uh oh this guy just fly kicked the silver surfer and pinched his board

if they can do with Doom what they did for Magneto in X Men First Class I would be satisfied. They made me cheer for Magneto and made him as slick as James Bond

I find the idea of a Doom stand alone movie or preferably a series a great idea to build up this character. The MCU is more suited to character growth over many issues/episodes over cramming a bunch of story arcs over 2.5 hours. That’s like condensing the SW Episodes 1-6 into 3 hours That would be doing the story a disservice. As well as the audience

Last edited:
Well Falcon and the Winter Soldier has been focused the last 2 episodes with scenes in Eastern European nations....does anyone think that Latveria might even be mentioned in the last 4 episodes?

That would be interesting. I definitely think latveria and doom are now too big to introduce in an FF movie

Well Falcon and the Winter Soldier has been focused the last 2 episodes with scenes in Eastern European nations....does anyone think that Latveria might even be mentioned in the last 4 episodes?

I had been hoping that, but after watching the first couple episodes, it feels kind of “self-contained”.

And after hoping for so much more than I actually got in WandaVision, I’m lowering expectations.

If we get even a mention, it will be a pleasant surprise.

I hear that Willie...after my "rant" earlier about Doom's importance or possibly lack of importance, I have decided to tone it down significantly too about Doom/Latveria and any connections to him...either that it will be a HUGE surprise when it finally happens OR they won't be able to hide it cause its being promoted to be this big thing...either way, with all the rumored appearances, it wouldn't surprise me if none of them turn out to be accurate...guess time will tell....

I hear that Willie...after my "rant" earlier about Doom's importance or possibly lack of importance, I have decided to tone it down significantly too about Doom/Latveria and any connections to him...either that it will be a HUGE surprise when it finally happens OR they won't be able to hide it cause its being promoted to be this big thing...either way, with all the rumored appearances, it wouldn't surprise me if none of them turn out to be accurate...guess time will tell....

:up:

I’m trying to learn my lesson from WandaVision.

I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn’t been hoping for things that never came.

... then this morning I read something from the F&WS writer saying there would be a big cameo in episode 5, and I was like “Damn it!!”:funny:

But even if there will be surprises, there are so many characters in the Marvel Universe surprises could be nearly anybody.

Imagine, for example, someone said something as specific as: (and NO, I haven’t seen anything like this. It’s purely hypothetical). “A major new villain will be introduced in F&WS who will excite fans and have big implications for the MCU.”

You and I would both shout “DOOM!” In response to such a statement, but realistically it could apply to 1000 different characters.

So we have to avoid allowing what we HOPE will happen from influencing what we EXPECT to happen and setting ourselves up for disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"