The Doctor Doom Thread

:up:

I’m trying to learn my lesson from WandaVision.

I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn’t been hoping for things that never came.

... then this morning I read something from the F&WS writer saying there would be a big cameo in episode 5, and I was like “Damn it!!”:funny:

But even if there will be surprises, there are so many characters in the Marvel Universe surprises could be nearly anybody.

Imagine, for example, someone said something as specific as: (and NO, I haven’t seen anything like this. It’s purely hypothetical). “A major new villain will be introduced in F&WS who will excite fans and have big implications for the MCU.”

You and I would both shout “DOOM!” In response to such a statement, but realistically it could apply to 1000 different characters.

So we have to avoid allowing what we HOPE will happen from influencing what we EXPECT to happen and setting ourselves up for disappointment.

Exactly....as usual, you are definitely thinking the right things Willie...yeah I literally made that decision this morning...then I saw the thing about a big character that is showing up in F&TWS and I went Dang!!! LOL Naturally my first instinct is Doom...I know what it is...because he is all over the map in the comics, involved in SO much, that I want that opportunity to be duplicated cinematically. So I begin looking for Doom/Latveria in every show or film even if it doesn't narratively make sense.

Doom will be saved for their feature films. Either Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2 or Fantastic Four. Unless they decide to do the Doom solo movie which might actually turn out great if they execute it well

Who else,didn't think for a split,second,that,thr,Flag,smashes were,in Latveria when the word Latvia was,flashed across the screen??

Who else,didn't think for a split,second,that,thr,Flag,smashes were,in Latveria when the word Latvia was,flashed across the screen??

i missed it...

... thankfully.:funny:

... though with them going to Madripoor and with it looking like a lot of this will be traveling around looking for clues, it does seem possible Latveria could at least get a mention.

This seems like a stretch and wishful thinking, but with so little real news, it’s at least a conversation starter:

Sokovia's MCU Fate Lays The Foundation For Doctor Doom

Yeah we have been down this road before but I tell you, if ever there was a more Doom/Latveria reference in the making then what Zemo said, this is it...but only time will tell...how awesome would it be if by the end of the series, they have gone all over Eastern Europe with the final episode post credit, being Latveria....I would probably go into shock LOL

Well, most people in Europe not. They know, that Latvia is a existing country...

Yep. When I saw Latvia, I thought Latvia, not Latveria.
Well I do realize Latvia is real nation, but for someone who is obsessed with Doom and Latveria, to see a country's name that is very similiar appear on the screen for a split second and think OH WOW only to realize its the real country of Latvia, you can understand my mistake....

Do a Victor Von Doom interaction in a flashback at college with Reed in this film. Make him from Latveria which is near Sokovia. Maybe Reed interacts with him at an Embassy event years later in NYC. Outside of that Doom needs to stay out of this film. Then they can set him up in his own film, show the Latverian Embassy in NYC, maybe even give some mystical hints for his armor in Dr. S. Then just a full on Doom movie where they DON'T KILL HIM at the end. Maybe he's even interacting with the GRC and stating he's closing his boarders to refugees etc. in a nod to the Flag Smashers.

Do a Victor Von Doom interaction in a flashback at college with Reed in this film. Make him from Latveria which is near Sokovia. Maybe Reed interacts with him at an Embassy event years later in NYC. Outside of that Doom needs to stay out of this film. Then they can set him up in his own film, show the Latverian Embassy in NYC, maybe even give some mystical hints for his armor in Dr. S. Then just a full on Doom movie where they DON'T KILL HIM at the end. Maybe he's even interacting with the GRC and stating he's closing his boarders to refugees etc. in a nod to the Flag Smashers.
Sounds like a great setup for him. :up:

i don't think would close the borders, if anything he'd open his borders to troll america and the west and show how "benevolent he is and how doom always takes care of the people" lol

Make Mine Marvel!

1_(2)(37).jpg

Who‘s that?

It just feels weird to me knowing how BIG Doom is to the normal Marvel Universe for Feige to never bring him up ever in interviews does give me pause...like I said in an earlier post, I have to stop trying to grasp straws on whether Doom or Latveria will play a role anytime soon in anything.

It just feels weird to me knowing how BIG Doom is to the normal Marvel Universe for Feige to never bring him up ever in interviews does give me pause...like I said in an earlier post, I have to stop trying to grasp straws on whether Doom or Latveria will play a role anytime soon in anything.

I think Fiege will very intentionally not mention Doom until he either pops up or is officially announced.

Wolverine is huge, but Fiege isn’t mentioning him.

And think about Kang. We KNOW he’s coming but you won’t hear Fiege talking about him.

Fiege talks in very broad terms and rarely discusses specific characters. And when he does, it’s generally about things we’ve already seen, not things still to come.

Who‘s that?

that is a man who has been rumoured to be Marvel Studios' first choice to play Victor Von Doom. Nikolaj Coster Waldau. If casted, he will henceforth be known as Wal-DOOM (W is pronounced like a V in many European nations)

I hope Marvel takes some inspiration from Edward Norton’s performance as King Baldwin IV from Ridely Scott’s Kingdom Of Heaven for their take on Doom.

I hope Marvel takes some inspiration from Edward Norton’s performance as King Baldwin IV from Ridely Scott’s Kingdom Of Heaven for their take on Doom.

thanks for reminding me that i need to see this movie :)

So I know I said I wouldn't theorize anymore as to when Doom/Latveria will finally be mentioned/seen in the MCU, but i guess with every show coming out that would have obvious moments for him to show up etc, it makes me wonder if they will wait until the F4 film comes out to close out Phase 4? I know he is heavily rumored to be attached to either Dr. Strange 2 or Black Panther 2, but if he does't show up in either one or at least have Latveria mentioned, then I can't imagine him being brought up until 2023 with the F4 film....thoughts????

So I know I said I wouldn't theorize anymore as to when Doom/Latveria will finally be mentioned/seen in the MCU, but i guess with every show coming out that would have obvious moments for him to show up etc, it makes me wonder if they will wait until the F4 film comes out to close out Phase 4? I know he is heavily rumored to be attached to either Dr. Strange 2 or Black Panther 2, but if he does't show up in either one or at least have Latveria mentioned, then I can't imagine him being brought up until 2023 with the F4 film....thoughts????

you are right we need to have at least a mention of fantastic four in phase 4 and most likely doom/latveria. all this build up and teasing a comic accurate costume etc and then revealing it at the last possible minute of a movie or tv series is frankly getting annoying and are wasted opportunities. just go for the jugular.

Not getting my hopes up, but it wouldn’t be crazy/out of place to get a mention in Black Widow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"