The Doctor Doom Thread

dr-doom-mask-or-helmet-3d-model-obj-mtl.jpg

You guys are talking about masks, but will they have him in the mask most of the time? Or is it going to be a case where they're going to want the actor's face out there. Obviously, if it's the latter, they're missing the character. But they've done this with Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, etc.

You guys are talking about masks, but will they have him in the mask most of the time? Or is it going to be a case where they're going to want the actor's face out there. Obviously, if it's the latter, they're missing the character. But they've done this with Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, etc.

Thor rarely ever wears his helmet. I think I counted a total of like 2 minutes where he wore it. Also not MCU but Wolverine never even wore a mask which was like batman going cowl-less imho

I doubt we'll see Doom's face much. Maybe one shot in FF (2024) when he's alone. Maybe some flashbacks during Kang Dynasty & Secret Wars.

Gotta keep him in the shadows.

maybe they can do it as a prospective kinda way, and not literally have him out of his mask... but, like in Dooms mind he still see himself in his mask-less/none-deformed forum, or maybe even show it as his reflection (that he talks to himself in mirrors/ or any other reflective surface) in his hubris and vanity he is haunted by the version of his past self, and can't see himself for the monstrosity he's become

But all those characters show their faces in the comics.

I don’t have complete confidence, but I think they’re unlikely to Fox up that detail.

I doubt we'll see Doom's face much. Maybe one shot in FF (2024) when he's alone. Maybe some flashbacks during Kang Dynasty & Secret Wars.

Gotta keep him in the shadows.

if we had our way that’s how it would go. Unfortunately actors are very vain

maybe they can do it as a prospective kinda way, and not literally have him out of his mask... but, like in Dooms mind he still see himself in his mask-less/none-deformed forum, or maybe even show it as his reflection (that he talks to himself in mirrors/ or any other reflective surface) in his hubris and vanity he is haunted by the version of his past self, and can't see himself for the monstrosity he's become
You mean like Norman Osborn in Spider Man 1 talking to his mask in the mirror

Back when James Earl Jones was voicing Darth Vader, he wasn't insisting that his face be seen. Whatever happened to the actor's craft?

True, but I’d hope Marvel would say: “This is the character. If you don’t like it don’t apply.”

If an actor doesn’t recognize the opportunity, and insists on showing their face, I don’t want them.

… put another way, the MCU is THE biggest film franchise of all time.

Dr. Doom is THE Marvel villain.

If I were an actor and Marvel said: “We’re interested in having you play Doom, but here’s the thing: You’ll have to play the role with a baseball bat up your butt.”

My response would be “Grease me up”.

but, look at Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel (voicing characters) never demanding face time... Josh Brolin never needed face time

… put another way, the MCU is THE biggest film franchise of all time.

Dr. Doom is THE Marvel villain.

If I were an actor and Marvel said: “We’re interested in having you play Doom, but here’s the thing: You’ll have to play the role with a baseball bat up your butt.”

My response would be “Grease me up”.

:funny::funny::funny: a tad extreme but never truer words spoken....if I had the acting chops and was offered the role of Victor Von Doom, it would be a SUPREME honor to play THE villain....not just a random throwaway Bond villain or villain of the week on some scifi show, we are talking the most over the top, classy, inspirational, badass design, goal driven, character that you could think of. ANYBODY who accepts this role (or has already) better know that they if they do the character justice and not have any DIVA moments, then they will be fan loved for years to come....Further, its a dream character to play the amount of layers he has I would imagine would make any actor smile.

Last edited:
Marvel to prospective actor: "This is basically our Darth Vader."

but, look at Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel (voicing characters) never demanding face time... Josh Brolin never needed face time

Eh, Cooper and Diesel were providing vocal performances only. It's different when you're the one on set and in costume. I'm sure that at least part of the reason Thanos has Brolin's likeness.

My guess is Marvel will cast a known actor to just provide the vocal performance, but we'll still get a couple of scenes of the character unmasked. Similar to Mando.

Eh, Cooper and Diesel were providing vocal performances only. It's different when you're the one on set and in costume. I'm sure that at least part of the reason Thanos has Brolin's likeness.

My guess is Marvel will cast a known actor to just provide the vocal performance, but we'll still get a couple of scenes of the character unmasked. Similar to Mando.

that is a plausible guess. However the contract could stipulate the actor be in costume much like Pascal in Mandolorian

I'd say do it Darth Vader style, with a stunt double in the suit an a good voice actor
I like it. They borrowed from Doctor Doom to create Darth Vader, might as well return the favor and borrow from Vader to create the cinematic Doom. Plus it reduces the temptation for showing the actor's face.

You gotta have the actor behind the mask acting with his eyes. Tom Hardy as Bane set the standard.

Can't do the Mando/Vader thing completely.

You gotta have the actor behind the mask acting with his eyes. Tom Hardy as Bane set the standard.

You've hit the nail on the head. You'd be surprised at how crucial eye acting can be. And in the case of Doom, it's essential. If Tom Hardy wasn't Eddie Brock already, he'd be my choice for Doom just for his amazing eye acting ability alone.

what if he has glowing eyes like Iron Man? Is that a possibility?

I really don't see them doing a body double for Doom. It's not like he's some huge guy. He's got a "leading man" build with added intimidation from the armor. Nearly every suggested actor on here could pull it off except Esposito, but I've never liked him in the role anyway.

Had a crazy dream last night that they announced the cast of FF... and to everyone's surprise, they gender-swapped Doom... SHE was being played by Hilary Swank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"