The Doctor Doom Thread

Still holding out hope that Hawley's Doom movie got re-purposed into a Disney+ series and that's one of the mystery Phase 6 projects.

Have Doom make appearances in films and shows throughout phases 4-6 (anywhere from cameos to minor roles) building him up as the behind-the-scenes mastermind pulling the strings. Give him a focused limited series to flesh him out.

Last edited:
Still holding out hope that Hawley's Doom movie got re-purposed into a Disney+ series and that's one of the mystery Phase 6 projects.

Have Doom make appearances in films throughout phases 4-6 (anywhere from cameos to minor roles) building him up as the behind-the-scenes mastermind pulling the strings. Give him a limited series to flesh him out.

I like the way you think...did we just become best friends

I wonder how deep Doom's machinations will run within the MCU. Could he have played a role in everything we've seen since Phase 1 leading to the events in Secret Wars? That could be a way of positioning him as THE major threat in the MCU.

Doom is THE Marvel villain.

Feige and others have to realize that, and hopefully they’ll put the appropriate effort into him.

if I were Feige, I’d use Doom as the “skeleton” for the next 10 years and fill the details in around him.

i think Victor Von Doom should play as big a role if not bigger than Tony Stark did in the MCU. The only difference is he is a villain but one in which the audience will eventually grow to admire and even root for. Look at the way audiences reacted to Vader at the end of Rogue One- audiences literally clapped and it was unanimously one of the most iconic Vader scenes of all time. Doom should have a similar reverence and treatment.

the MCU started with a bang in 2008 with Iron Man. It could very well end with a bang with Doom being the capstone to be the perfect foil to the first MCU character in Iron Man.

tbh its kinda sad we wont get to see a RDJ Iron Man vs (possibly Javier Bardem) Doom on the big screen.

Hoping Tom Cruise might fill in as multiverse Tony lol

Last edited:
So
for awhile now, its been said that actress Lake Bell would be playing Lucia Von Bardas, Doom's "loyal" Prime Minister, but then the spoilers if they are true say she is in charge of the excavation team that is looking for Vibramium. If the rumors are to be true, she is not only working for Doom, but really is Lucia. Fingers crossed that is true.

Last edited:
i think Victor Von Doom should play as big a role if not bigger than Tony Stark did in the MCU.
Fine with me. But I feel similarly about Reed Richards. With Stark and Evans gone especially, I kind of see Reed as the natural leader of the Marvel heroes in the MCU. If they do this right. Of course, they'll have to make him smarter than the Reed in Doctor Strange 2.

Fine with me. But I feel similarly about Reed Richards. With Stark and Evans gone especially, I kind of see Reed as the natural leader of the Marvel heroes in the MCU. If they do this right. Of course, they'll have to make him smarter than the Reed in Doctor Strange 2.

100% agreed. in the absence of Tony and Steve, we will need Reed and Scott Summers (i am going to go ahead and fancast Jensen Ackles from The Boys as Cyclops)

Last edited:
100% agreed. in the absence of Tony and Steve, we will need Reed and Scott Summers (i am going to go ahead and fancast Jensen Ackles from The Boys as Cyclops)
Poor Scott, he really got the short shrift in the X-Men movies, didn't he? He was so unimportant they even killed him off. He was basically Wolverine's "female dog".

I think fans should definitely get used to doom not being Romani. Even if he was, I don’t think that’s the diversity win people would want or need. People might have good reasons for wanting that but I just don’t think it’s going to happen

I don't want Esposito as Doom not cause he isn't Romani, but isn't he 64? Way too old for Doom IMO. Reed and Doom need to be similar age

And we don't need Doom singing "Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four"

I think fans should definitely get used to doom not being Romani. Even if he was, I don’t think that’s the diversity win people would want or need. People might have good reasons for wanting that but I just don’t think it’s going to happen
Looks like it isn't going to happen. But when have they ever done Dr. Doom right? Marvel is really showing that they are willing to play fast and loose with their own characters. I've got to admit, I'm losing faith in Feige and Marvel to do what's right for their characters. Especially after Feige's lip service about the importance of the Fantastic Four, and the high standard they have set for themselves with it. I definitely see Doom as part of that, so not making the character Romani seems like a betrayal.

It doesn't necessarily ruin the character I guess, but it doesn't make me happy or fill me with confidence either.

I don't want Esposito as Doom not cause he isn't Romani, but isn't he 64? Way too old for Doom IMO. Reed and Doom need to be similar age

i like Giancarlo such a talented actor. But he’s literally in everything from Far Cry video games to Star Wars to voice overs. I think it is a bad fit for Doom. The age gap between Krasinski and him is significant. I want this rumor to be false so bad

Last edited:
Looks like it isn't going to happen. But when have they ever done Dr. Doom right? Marvel is really showing that they are willing to play fast and loose with their own characters. I've got to admit, I'm losing faith in Feige and Marvel to do what's right for their characters. Especially after Feige's lip service about the importance of the Fantastic Four, and the high standard they have set for themselves with it. I definitely see Doom as part of that, so not making the character Romani seems like a betrayal.

It doesn't necessarily ruin the character I guess, but it doesn't make me happy or fill me with confidence either.

i was wiling to compromise with Javier Bardem and not make him Romani, but at bare minimum have him be European for the sake of believability and the tradamark Doom Cyber Gothic Style

i was wiling to compromise with Javier Bardem and not make him Romani, but at bare minimum have him be European for the sake of believability and the tradamark Doom Cyber Gothic Style
Well, Spanish is European. I just wish they'd follow the comics.

The good news with him, or with Esposito, is that their older age makes Krasinski much more likely to be our Mr. Fantastic, because you don't want a 20 year old Reed paired with a Doom that much older.

I think there’s a significant Romani population in Spain.

Would people accept a European, but not Romani, actor in the role of Doom if he’s still depicted as Romani?

I suppose that’s tough to day. I do think it’d be cool to find an actual Romani actor though.

Would people accept a European, but not Romani, actor in the role of Doom if he’s still depicted as Romani?
A Romani would be ideal, but I don't really care who plays Doom, as long as he's played as a Romanian. I believe in Ian McKellen's philosophy that they are actors, they are all playing make believe, a straight actor could play a gay man and vice versa. Plenty of British actors play Americans, for instance. That's why there are dialect coaches.

Have Doom make appearances in films and shows throughout phases 4-6 (anywhere from cameos to minor roles) building him up as the behind-the-scenes mastermind pulling the strings. Give him a focused limited series to flesh him out.

It's gonna end up resembling how they handled Thanos from 2012 through 2018 which worked out really well.

Thanos:

2012 - First Appearance/Cameo in The Avengers

2014 - Second Appearance/Supporting Role as secondary Villain in Guardians of The Galaxy

2015 - Third Appearance/Cameo in Avengers: Age of Ultron

2018 - Fourth Appearance/Lead Role as Main Villain in Avengers: Infinity War

2019 - Fifth Appearance/Lead Role as Main Villain in Avengers: Endgame

Doom:

2022 - First Appearance/Cameo in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

2023 - Second Appearance/Cameo in ???

2024 - Third Appearance/Supporting Role in Fantastic Four

2025 - Fourth Appearance/Supporting Role as secondary Villain in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty

2025 - Fifth Appearance/Lead Role as Main Villain God Emperor Doom in Avengers: Secret Wars

I would prefer for Secret Wars to get pushed to May 2026. More time to build up hype and anticipation after Doom kills Kang at the end of Kang Dynasty and we end on another Infinity War note of the heroes losing and feeling hopeless as the credits roll.

Imagine that final frame inside a giant IMAX screen:

God Emperor Doom will return.

Well, Spanish is European. I just wish they'd follow the comics.

The good news with him, or with Esposito, is that their older age makes Krasinski much more likely to be our Mr. Fantastic, because you don't want a 20 year old Reed paired with a Doom that much older.

i meant Eastern European

Imagine how awesome it would be being giancarlo? Like, marvel just jumping through hoops for you to play any character you want. Obviously he works hard but It must be a lovely feeling.

I could live with him as doom but I would rather see his Charles

If he was a little younger, I’d actually want him as Professor Xavier. He’d crush that role.

If he was a little younger, I’d actually want him as Professor Xavier. He’d crush that role.

See, Charles can be 64. I am cool with an older Charles. But Doom...nah. I am not saying Doom has to be in his 20s or anything. Just not like...64

Another opinion video but I love how this guy thinks on his practical ways of using Doom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"