The Doctor Doom Thread

I am tuning out the rumors until we get something concrete from a real and reliable source

Yeah. Things have really gotten out of hand over the past month.

In a way it’s good, because I suspect the real cast will look pretty great compared to all the crazy rumors that have dominated the conversation.

What age do you imagine for Doom compared to F4? Can he be older than the team?
I think an imposing guy like Clive Owen could have worked if he was 10 years younger

Definitely no children. I keep seeing people suggesting that guy from Star Wars, Adam driver. Doom should be an adult man, keep the sweet valley high stuff for Spider-Man

In 6 weeks and two days we might get our first glimpse at the icon Doctor Doom.

BP2 is reportedly 2 hours and 40 something minutes of screen time

i have a suspicion it will end up being Bardem. In my heart i want it to be Nikolaj Coster Waldau

Last edited:
Definitely no children. I keep seeing people suggesting that guy from Star Wars, Adam driver. Doom should be an adult man, keep the sweet valley high stuff for Spider-Man
That's why I wondered if Clive Owen could work, or if he's too old :)

In 6 weeks and two days we might get our first glimpse at the icon Doctor Doom.

BP2 is reportedly 2 hours and 40 something minutes of screen time

i have a suspicion it will end up being Bardem. In my heart i want it to be Nikolaj Coster Waldau

I sincerely hope its not Bardem cause that will go with that rumor that Latveria is being reimagined as a Mediterranean nation....PLEASE Marvel do right by Doom...you will have an epic villain, a beautiful tapestry that is his rich history....I beg Marvel...DON'T **** UP DOOM!!!!

Would that really be so bad? Like, compared to the adaptions of Doom we’ve already seen?

I sincerely hope its not Bardem cause that will go with that rumor that Latveria is being reimagined as a Mediterranean nation....PLEASE Marvel do right by Doom...you will have an epic villain, a beautiful tapestry that is his rich history....I beg Marvel...DON'T **** UP DOOM!!!!
You know, Hollywood (and Disney) acts like they're so concerned with diversity and representation, but the truth here is if they're making that switch, it's to appeal to the large number of Latinos in the US. They could add some genuine diversity by sticking with Doom's Romani roots, but there isn't a large enough number of that people in the US. This shows me they don't give a rats behind about diversity, they're just doing it to make money.

You know, Hollywood (and Disney) acts like they're so concerned with diversity and representation, but the truth here is if they're making that switch, it's to appeal to the large number of Latinos in the US. They could add some genuine diversity by sticking with Doom's Romani roots, but there isn't a large enough number of that people in the US. This shows me they don't give a rats behind about diversity, they're just doing it to make money.

I can’t imagine much of the US’ Latin American community will be all that moved by a Spanish Doom given the whole colonialism thing. And even if the casting were to appeal to a Latin demo I don’t see how that doesn’t qualify as genuine diversity or is a bad thing. It’s not like that’s been a well-represented group in media.

And even if the casting were to appeal to a Latin demo I don’t see how that doesn’t qualify as genuine diversity or is a bad thing. It’s not like that’s been a well-represented group in media.
How many Romani do you see represented in the media?

I'm not saying Romani people don't deserve representation. A Romani actor for Doom would be dope. But it's weird to me to police what is and isn't genuine diversity among groups with observably poor representation is all I'm saying. And the part about a Spanish actor being cast just to appeal to Latin Americans is just like not a thing.

i remember Stephen King’s Thinner, though i doubt the actors were ethnically Romani most likely just playing “gypsies”.

forgive me for being culturally insensitive but i would prefer Nikolaj Coster Waldau or whoever pretending to be Romani as opposed to casting a Romani who couldnt act out of a paper bag

i remember Stephen King’s Thinner, though i doubt the actors were ethnically Romani most likely just playing “gypsies”.

forgive me for being culturally insensitive but i would prefer Nikolaj Coster Waldau or whoever pretending to be Romani as opposed to casting a Romani who couldnt act out of a paper bag

Amen my friend....I feel the same way...Nikolaj or Mads are my top choices that would just KNOCK it out of the park....

I don’t understand why diversity and representation have become such buzz words in the MCU. Marvel comics created a diverse world with characters from many ethnicities and cultures. Put them on the screen and you’ll have diversity.

Doom was Romani in the comics, so he should be Romani in the film. Done. There’s zero reason to change him and doing so will unnecessarily change the character.

Just like Black Widow was Russian and Black Panther was African and there was no reason to change them.

I agree!! I’m all for diversity and marvel n comics did it well in 60’s 70’s and 80’s!! Don’t know why they can’t have those characters that nstead of changing the hem!!

I'm not saying Romani people don't deserve representation. A Romani actor for Doom would be dope. But it's weird to me to police what is and isn't genuine diversity among groups with observably poor representation is all I'm saying. And the part about a Spanish actor being cast just to appeal to Latin Americans is just like not a thing.
I don't have any objection to a Spanish actor playing Doom, but the character IMO should be Romani. It seems so central to his character. I can't think of any good reason to move Latveria to the Mediterranean.

Well the final Wakanda Forever trailer is out and its nothing short of beautiful as was the first...so lets just get right to it...

Does anyone think Doom really will make his debut in Wakanda Forever regardless of that "leaked" piece of concept art and the reasons why it makes the most sense to bring him?

Personally, I went from being 100 percent sure to being nervously optimistic...I really don't know anymore about Marvel and their plans if any for Doom...it just feels like Kang is getting all the attention and Doom is possibly going to be left out of key storylines. I hope to be wrong and that they want to WOW us with Doom's involvement in Phases 4 - 6 but I don't know what to believe anymore.

I will say the spoilers i read about the general plot to WF have been reflected in the scenes in the trailer. So if that is to be believed, then hopefully the rumored mid/post credit will be there and Doom FINALLY makes his long awaited debut in the MCU...Not sure how much more I can take if he ISN'T there....cause then I really don't even know what project short of the F4 film he would show up in....

I don’t have anything real solid to go on, but I’d put it at about 80% yes.

In this battle of kingdoms, it just seems the perfect time to bring him in.

Particularly with the strong history of Doom with Namor and also his connections to Black Panther.

Maybe they tease us with a md or end credit scene!! I could see doom in the background pulling the strings but lang?? Not so much

I don’t have anything real solid to go on, but I’d put it at about 80% yes.

In this battle of kingdoms, it just seems the perfect time to bring him in.

Particularly with the strong history of Doom with Namor and also his connections to Black Panther.

Thank you Willie for always making me feel better...even just an opinion, a logical one based on comic book history, can alleviate my anxiety over this LOL...It's just that Doom is the freaking best character ever and has been done dirty cinematically and he is LONG overdue a comic book accurate portrayal and a worthy debut....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"