The Doctor Doom Thread

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm certain enough that I'm gonna be proper ticked off if he doesn't appear. :funny:

It just makes too much sense. For a movie of this scale, and with Secret Wars just three years away, now is the time to get him out there. Enough talk.

:up:

I keep hoping for someone to notice a direct, indisputable connection. “If you pause at 1:18, you can see a Doombot”, for example.

But it looks like we’ll have to rely on rumor and conjecture for another month +.

Since those involved know the Doom rumors are out there, I’d expect them to manage expectations if he’s not going to be there.

If I were the director or Feige, the last thing I’d want is to have fans walking out of a good movie disappointed because they were expecting Doom.

Last edited:
Feige has never really stopped fan speculation. Remember the entire Ralph Boehner/Memphis to debacle? Feige knew it wasn't Mephsito and never stopped the chatter, and it blew up in his face, lol!

That said, I do think there is fire to the Doom thing. Just saying I don't think Feige's silence means anything

If anything happens t prob be a mid or end credit scene!! And prob just a quick glance

Also wondering about ant man 3 and negative zone!! Rumors are that where fantastic 4 are!! Think might get a mid or end credit peak about them there??!!

If anyone wants to meetup to watch BP2 hit me up. I am in America lol

I haven't really followed the news surrounding BP2, only a little. The latest I've read is that Namor will oppose Wakanda. Can the sequel have two villains as different as the Atlantean and Doom?

The latest I've read is that Namor will oppose Wakanda. Can the sequel have two villains as different as the Atlantean and Doom?
Doom is presumably an afterthought, the mastermind behind the scenes revealed at or toward the end of the movie. With two giant egos like Namor and Doom, would there be room for the new Black Panther in there somewhere?

Doom is presumably an afterthought, the mastermind behind the scenes revealed at or toward the end of the movie. With two giant egos like Namor and Doom, would there be room for the new Black Panther in there somewhere?
Doom pulling the strings behind Namor?

Well the rumor is that Lake Bell is playing a scientist looking for the vibranium and that she works for Doom...some people think her scientist name is just a smoke screen, that she is playing Lucia Von Bardas, Doom's Latverian Prime Minister. Of course if this is true, maybe she won't be a PM but his chief scientist or something...who knows

Can Doom be as much as 15 years older, or more, than Reed?
I'm thinking that it's possible to hire an actual movie star for the villain, perhaps Johnny Depp or so.
When he's serious and don't play a role for laughs, he's damn good.

You maybe don't like idea of him as Doom. The thing is, it has to be an actor who really can act.
Doom is a kind of freak, honestly, and he's no stranger to that kind of characters. A difference this time is that the character is extremely danterous as well as insanely powerful, and not a funny guy at all.
Hmm, when thinking about it, there could be a few similarities character-wise, between Doom and Grinderwald.

I still say Doom is a job for Adam Driver.

I like to think of Kylo Ren being his audition.

I'm thinking that it's possible to hire an actual movie star for the villain, perhaps Johnny Depp or so.

You maybe don't like idea of him as Doom. The thing is, it has to be an actor who really can act.
Doom is a kind of freak, honestly, and he's no stranger to that kind of characters. A difference this time is that the character is extremely danterous as well as insanely powerful, and not a funny guy at all.
Hmm, when thinking about it, there could be a few similarities character-wise, between Doom and Grinderwald.

Johnny Depp is too old for Doom and I wouldn't cast him for it anyway. I don't see Jack Sparrow when I see Doom, and that's largely been all he has done from 2000 onward.

Doom needs to be similar age to Reed. These 60+ year old suggestions like Depp or Esposito just don't work

i think this is your best post so far. Depp can be scary when he is locked in. Can he be another MCU villain such as Mister Sinister? Mephisto? Very likely

I'm quite happy for Doom not to be played by a movie star but for them to go the Darth Vader route where it's someone standing in for him and then having someone do the voice. That way, since he's not a movie star, he won't keep wanting to take his mask off all the time and only putting it on at the end. It was bad enough with Julian McMahon doing that and he's only a second or third-rate TV star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"