The Doctor Doom Thread

Well tomorrow is the big day and if this has taught me anything, its that after the "certainty" of the scoopers that Doom would make his debut and that lake bell was really Lucia Von Bardas (guess she is just some generic scientist after all), its that I will NEVER trust online scoopers again..even if they end up being right. This has jaded me to no end.. patience, Doctor Doom, and I, don't go together. Do I think tomorrow I will witness a great movie, bringing in a favorite of mine (Namor)? Absolutely! Has the knowledge that Doom/Latveria has NOTHING to do with the plot or anything at all, made me feel blah? Absolutely as well!!!

There seem to be hints that Doom may at least have a hand in things even if we don’t see him.

We can trust you to identify any Doom hints and let us know.

And yeah, Namor is a great character and some reviews seem to indicate he steals the show.

If there is no Doom, I’m going to do my best to just enjoy Namor.

“The movie’s more exhilarating material is handed to its villain, Namor (Tenoch Huerta), a warrior-king who rules Talokan, a nation of water-dwelling people. Namor is one of the earliest characters from the Marvel comics, and he has long been one of my favorites—a tetchy but striking anti-hero who sometimes wages war on humankind from the ocean deep…”

“…Namor, similarly, is Wakanda Forever’s ace in the hole, alternately charming and intimidating, and fueled by righteous indignation. He fears that Wakanda’s newly public status will put his hidden nation in the crosshairs of the modern world. His concerns aren’t easily dismissed”

I love the sound of this.

'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' Does the Near Impossible

I have my ticket to watch this next Tuesday so I will not be visiting this place or the MarvelStudiosSpoiler subreddit (in order to avoid spoilers) until after I watch it. Until then take care of yourself and each other

Well the only thing when I go to my showing today at 720 I will put in spoilers will be IF there are any hints at all to Doom/Latveria but I think it's safe to say there isn't unless it is something the casual viewer wouldn't know.

Thanks. I can watch it with that in mind now, and I think I’ll be able to relax and enjoy it more than if I had expectations.

Well in light of a movie that just came out that actually had Doom connections in the comics but not at all brought into WF, now I take a look at what projects both film and streaming, that might bring Latveria and or Doom into the fold:

Ironheart---a show that deals with the mix of tech and magic BEGS to have Doom involved in SOME capacity but like WF, will probably drop the ball and have no mention.
Agatha Coven of Chaos---a show that could bring up Doom's mother if they talk historical context or perhaps a show that dives into magic users and Doom could be brought up
Captain America New World Order---even if the Leader/Sin are your primary villains, a world where possible global threats and such are alluded to, another reference could be used here.
Thunderbolts---there is a part of me that believes Valentina may work for the US and even create Tbolts, but she could be working for Doom covertly (i know this one is a stretch).
Fantastic 4---well duh but who really wants to wait until Valentines Day 2025 for our first ANYTHING relating to him.
Kang Dynasty----Kang's big moment BUT i do hope for his ultimate plan to be FOILED by Doom thus leading to....
Secret Wars---nuff said...Doom's greatest achievement

*Bonus would be if they FINALLY do a Doom centric project like his origin as a D+ series

I honestly dont think Kang will be one upped by Doom. I can already see the fallout on twitter etc saying this was a racist move for the colonizers (Caucasians) to undermine minorities (in this case those of African descent). Judging by how poorly mishandled the present Phase has been, I will venture to say we see Doom take centre stage in the next Phase.

I think Doom and Reed Richards (and maybe Ben and Sue and Johnny) will be introduced in some way prior to FF.

I don’t know how or where, but I don’t think they’re going to start the FF film “cold”.

I think Doom and Reed Richards (and maybe Ben and Sue and Johnny) will be introduced in some way prior to FF.

I don’t know how or where, but I don’t think they’re going to start the FF film “cold”.

technically Reed already debuted

The worst part of not getting Doom in WF? Reading the 100 Screenrant speculators articles where they guess what will happen for clicks

This articles title and overall good points make me want to cry and scream at the same time...cause it's killing me to admit it....that this is probably what Marvel Studios is going to do...and they dropped the ball BIG time!!!!

Sorry, Marvel Fans - Doctor Doom Shouldn't Be in Avengers: Secret Wars

Is it really possible that Phases 5 and 6 will NOT even mention him, cameo, Latveria, anything...could they REALLY go all the way until Phases 7 thru 9 to even maybe give us him? I just feel like it's too late, that maybe Coogler was right when he decided that Namor should shine over Doom because of his past "cinematic" abominations? That Doom carries too much baggage..

I've stated this elsewhere, but I can't help wondering if real world events might not have taken Doom out of play. Givens the rumors about Secret Invasion, I wonder if Marvel wasn't faced with the prospect of a totally different Doctor Doom, or no Doctor Doom at all, and chose the latter.

Yeah that was a passing glance of a thought with me too...but I do have to wonder will the F4 come and give Richards a new nemesis in the form of Kang or one of their other villains? An MCU without Doom seems inconceivable and yet, Feige NEVER talks about Marvel's biggest villain in any interview it still blows me away that possibilities of this being a reality could ring true...I know most people that see me post on here know me to usually be a ray of optimisim but I have devolved into pure pessimism cause I'm happy with the MCU for the most part but knowing that ones all time favorite character that deserves the ultimate spotlight is just continuously ignored and opportunity after opportunity passes Marvel by with no mention of him or Latveria...how in the world can they truly justify giving SW to
Kang for instance knowing all things SW lead to Doom??? It just boggles my mind...if I was Feige and the minute those rights were back in my sandbox I would have prioritized Doom IMMEDIATELY

Feige might have prioritized Doom once he got the rights to F4, but real world events could very well have gotten in the way, first with covid, which delayed the start of phase 4, and then the Russia-Ukraine situation, which may've made Eastern Europe related plots taboo with Disney.

I think, like with FF, Marvel has a plan for Doom and is working on that plan behind the scenes, but unlike FF, they’re not going to announce their plans.

FF feels a little more certain because we absolutely know, barring any disruptive events, we’ll see them in early 2025.

Realistically, I think we’ll see Reed Richards, Doom and maybe some of the others prior to 2025, but Marvel won’t announce any of that (at least not prior to everyone knowing about it - like we saw with Namor).

But even if the FF characters don’t pop up prior, we can relax and know we’ll get them in 2025.

I think we can feel similarly assured that Doom will show up by 2025 or earlier.

I’m starting to think they might introduce Doom in FF (not as the primary villain, but as a key character related to the FF).

But again, if I were putting money on it, I’d bet on both Reed and Doom showing up prior to 2025, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re introduced in the same film - whatever that film may be.

And considering the Disney + specials we’re getting and reports we’ll be getting more (such as Silver Surfer), I wouldn’t be shocked if we got a special that introduced Reed and Doom and Ben in college with maybe cameos by Sue and Johnny.

Imagine a 45ish minute special that focused on the college years and ended with Doom’s accident with an after-credits scene of him trudging through snow in search of a specific sect of mystic monks.

That would be amazing and a perfect set-up for an FF film and Dooms reign in the MCU IMO.

I think, like with FF, Marvel has a plan for Doom and is working on that plan behind the scenes, but unlike FF, they’re not going to announce their plans.

FF feels a little more certain because we absolutely know, barring any disruptive events, we’ll see them in early 2025.

Realistically, I think we’ll see Reed Richards, Doom and maybe some of the others prior to 2025, but Marvel won’t announce any of that (at least not prior to everyone knowing about it - like we saw with Namor).

But even if the FF characters don’t pop up prior, we can relax and know we’ll get them in 2025.

I think we can feel similarly assured that Doom will show up by 2025 or earlier.

I’m starting to think they might introduce Doom in FF (not as the primary villain, but as a key character related to the FF).

But again, if I were putting money on it, I’d bet on both Reed and Doom showing up prior to 2025, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re introduced in the same film - whatever that film may be.

And considering the Disney + specials we’re getting and reports we’ll be getting more (such as Silver Surfer), I wouldn’t be shocked if we got a special that introduced Reed and Doom and Ben in college with maybe cameos by Sue and Johnny.

Imagine a 45ish minute special that focused on the college years and ended with Doom’s accident with an after-credits scene of him trudging through snow in search of a specific sect of mystic monks.

That would be amazing and a perfect set-up for an FF film and Dooms reign in the MCU IMO.

Ditto on the monks part. It can be like the Batman Begins version of Doom’s origin story

I think if Doom is going to have story fleshed out it going to need to be more than a special. Maybe a 4 part mini series that way we get to see him go through the mystic arts training. The GA needs the story told to them imo, versus us fans already knowing he gets mystic abilities.

Well unfortunately, there’s difference between what we’d like to see and what we’re likely to see.

Disney has, frankly, struggled with their series.

They can’t seem to put a solid 8-9 hour story together and they rely on filler and gimmicks rather than solid writing of a complete, well paced, well constructed 8-9 hour story

They seem to be more comfortable with the shorter, more concise “Special” format, and that seems to be the direction they’re going.

I’d love to see a longer, more fleshed-out story, but they don’t seem comfortable doing that, and after what I’ve seen over the last couple years, I’m concerned if they did do a longer story, they’d screw it up.

That's why I said it should be a 4 part mini series. A It's a short investment and forces the writers to write a tight story that absolutely gets to point but also has enough leg room to introduce and flesh out the core of his character at least enough to get an origin in.

Stick to a 55 min format and 4 parts or If that's not enough expand to 6 episodes at the most. That should be enough to introduce us to his mother's tragedey, the mystic art's journey, his rivalry with reed, and finally his rise to power in latveria. Use time as a sliding scale and push the story with time skips.

I feel like if they want it, they can do it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"