The E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) thread

Fans are not happy with Squeenix. The trailers from today are getting a lot of dislikes on their YT channel.

A shame because I don't think the Life is Strange remaster deserves it.
They also want them to know they need to fix Outriders.

And I agree on the Life is Strange remaster. But when people start raging, they go hard.

[Laughs in Japan]

And frankly, lack of women is probably a good thing. It is Team Ninja after all.
PEFzEob.gif

omhfxbm.png

game-of-thrones-season-3-episode-6-quotes.jpg

Okay I'm done with the memes for now. :lmao: Sadly got too much unintended entertainment from today's showing.

Is there a youtube link for T2's e3 livestream. I can't find one.

The neXt I'm waiting for is Capcom but I won't be able to watch it live because I need to sleep. I barely kept my eyes opened for the entire presentation of Ubisoft.

[Laughs in Japan]

And frankly, lack of women is probably a good thing. It is Team Ninja after all.
I like Team Ninja women of Itagaki era. DoA 1-4, Ninja Gaiden 1-2, Xtreme Beach 1. Inspiring. I frankly miss it.

E3 was dull. Nothing looks interesting. And the games I'm interested in weren't shown.

No new Hideo Kojima game (not looking at you, Death Stranding DC).
No Metal Gear remake announcement.

Meh.

Honestly, expecting anything out of Konami is a mistake.

Must be tough for hardcore Konami fans. They don’t seem quite with it these days.

Guess I fell for those reports about them licensing out their big IPs (Metal Gear, Silent Hill).

Bluepoint has supposedly been working on a Metal Gear Solid remake. Very persistent rumors.

Konami being bought out by somebody else, or at least licensing or selling their properties to somebody else is all you can hope out of them now.

Forget friends and forget money, I don't have hundreds or a thousand hours to spend on one single game. A lot of these games don't have endings because they expect you to play them forever...and by forever I mean until they disable their servers.

Microsoft showcase has been pretty good so far. I think Nintendo will coast along just fine, but Sony’s going to have to come back with something strong. (Like announcing Bloodborne Remaster and a new Silent Hill.)

Sony will have a hard time doing that, seeing as they aren't at E3 this year at all. ;)

I mean I love their giant IPs, but they take years to make. They need more first party supporting content in between that as third party exclusives will get more expensive and harder to secure if gamepass keeps growing at this rate.

I tend to think that is one of Sony's long time achilles heels: they arrogantly assume that the third party developers *have* to come, and they *have* to develop first or only for Playstation. Which might be an accurate outcome, when your console is as successful as the PS2. That is a long, long time ago.

I tend to think that is one of Sony's long time achilles heels: they arrogantly assume that the third party developers *have* to come, and they *have* to develop first or only for Playstation. Which might be an accurate outcome, when your console is as successful as the PS2. That is a long, long time ago.
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the execs think that given that PS has been successful and had it easy every gen except for the PS3 where it had to fight back hard. The PS4 gen was handed to them on a platter and Nintendo has done well by doing things differently and not competing directly. Surely by now they can see with the Microsoft CEO repeatedly getting involved that things could be different this time and they should be reacting like they did during the PS3 era. Of course they still have many things in their favour as things stand but as the years roll by that will change unless they start thinking more about the future now.

Konami being bought out by somebody else, or at least licensing or selling their properties to somebody else is all you can hope out of them now.

Forget friends and forget money, I don't have hundreds or a thousand hours to spend on one single game. A lot of these games don't have endings because they expect you to play them forever...and by forever I mean until they disable their servers.

This is something that the industry needs to learn: yes, GAAS means you in theory can rake in a ton more money for a given game. . . but it also means you are in a *much tighter competitive market*. A given person could play most of the FPSes or RPGs released in a year if they want. . . but can only really play one Looter Shooter at a time, just like they could only really play one MMO at a time. Game publishers keeping getting greedy, viewing this as a benefit, since it means they can monopolize a player's time and money, receiving all their leisure funds and denying them to other companies. Thing is, this is only if their game is the one that wins, and everyone assumes *their* game will be the one the player will play. . . and all but one of them will *always* be wrong, by definition.

Or basically, we have an unsustainable Looter Shooter/GAAS bubble, just like we did with MMOs in the heyday of the WoW Killer. Everyone is gambling that they will be the one to win and rake in the whole pot, and they are betting so much money that even the "winner" is probably going to lose. Except, that is, for Bungie, because they have the "first comer advantage" that Blizzard had with World of Warcraft.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the execs think that given that PS has been successful and had it easy every gen except for the PS3 where it had to fight back hard. The PS4 gen was handed to them on a platter and Nintendo has done well by doing things differently and not competing directly. Surely by now they can see with the Microsoft CEO repeatedly getting involved that things could be different this time and they should be reacting like they did during the PS3 era. Of course they still have many things in their favour as things stand but as the years roll by that will change unless they start thinking more about the future now.

Thing is, even that is some very selective interpretation of events. For instance, ignoring the Switch as unimportant because Nintendo isn't chasing the graphics curve? Is why they are in the process of losing the assumed support of all the Japanese developers. Likewise, even with Microsoft and Nintendo both shooting themselves in the foot last gen, outside of Japan the competition with the XBone was not *that* absent.

Basically, Sony needs to take at least *one* of their rivals seriously, but they seem to justify away the idea that either of them are. . . even though the justifications are contradictory. Japan can't simultaneously be unimportant to their Western-focused future *and* the invulnerable homefront that protects them from assail by Microsoft.

Thing is, even that is some very selective interpretation of events. For instance, ignoring the Switch as unimportant because Nintendo isn't chasing the graphics curve? Is why they are in the process of losing the assumed support of all the Japanese developers. Likewise, even with Microsoft and Nintendo both shooting themselves in the foot last gen, outside of Japan the competition with the XBone was not *that* absent.

Basically, Sony needs to take at least *one* of their rivals seriously, but they seem to justify away the idea that either of them are. . . even though the justifications are contradictory. Japan can't simultaneously be unimportant to their Western-focused future *and* the invulnerable homefront that protects them from assail by Microsoft.
They’d be fine if you were working for them! Unfortunately I’m not sure the current leadership is ready to act as needed and intent on focusing only on the short term and next few years. It’s good that they concentrate on making their top games the best at what they do, but that isn’t the whole ballgame when their rivals are bouncing back and trying new things.

I do wonder if them just now starting on RE Village DLC means they killed one of the other non RE 4 Remake RE projects that were in the leaks.

The leaks didn't give me much hope, but yeah, that was worse than I imagined.

Watched the Xbox/Bethesda show and the only game that really interested me was The Outer Worlds 2, which is a bummer to see now a console exclusive. Honestly, considering that Microsoft bought everything recently, their showing was pretty weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"