The General Comic Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it seemed to imply that the Comedian was the original Joker, while simultaneously having Batman point out that the Criminal is the one he remembers first encountering in his adventures...

So the continuity seemed to be a bit all over the place.

Does it even matter in the end, since there is nothing that indicates to me that it runs on the main continuity.
Its kind of a story lost in time it seems.
:up:

I hope so. Although there's nothing says I have to read it, I just don't like the idea his real name even being 'out there'.

Yeah it seemed to imply that the Comedian was the original Joker, while simultaneously having Batman point out that the Criminal is the one he remembers first encountering in his adventures...

So the continuity seemed to be a bit all over the place.
Is that the Comedian, as in Watchmen?

He seems to be pretty sure.
No we dont get told the name...unless i missed it.
They imply that the story the Joker told in killing joke might be true...but to be honest, im super lost.
Was it the comedian that survived? Was he the "real" one? What the hell?

Does it even matter in the end, since there is nothing that indicates to me that it runs on the main continuity.
Its kind of a story lost in time it seems.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more pointless the story becomes.

Morrison summed it up best. The Joker operates under a form of some kind of super sanity, reinventing himself differently whenever he feels like it. It's sufficient enough to explain away all of the ways he's been portrayed over the years without getting convoluted.

I’m not the biggest fan of Johns, but I really dug Three Jokers for what it was.

Worth reading for Fabok’s art alone, which is completely stunning and very cinematic.

I don't wanna get too ahead of myself, mainly due to the uncertainty of what lies ahead in the coming months for DC as a publisher BUT....

I think Joshua Williamson may have fixed the Flash family. Not 100%, but about 99%. Which is good enough for me.

It was a book that I hopped off of almost immediately when Rebirth started as it didn't do much for me, but periodically I would check it out when it seemed interesting. His last 4 issues, plus the Speed Metal one-shot though? Perfecto.

It looks like the new creative team next month and November is just a filler until DC announces the proper team after Death Metal finishes. It's actually very exciting.
I had to go back and look up your post just to thank you. I started reading Death Metal to get to Speed Metal and reading The Flash from about 757 on (I’m almost caught up). I’m so glad that I did. It really feels like they are acknowledging that everything is messed up and they’re just rehabilitating their mistakes right and left.

thanks for posting the recommendation

Ok guys, should I be worried that Amazon has taken down the pricing/pre-order options for the Grant Morrison Superman Omnibus? I can't find any news of it having been canceled, but with DC cutting back on their print publishing, this is making me nervous. That was gonna be my first Day 1 Omnibus buy, dammit.

Ok guys, should I be worried that Amazon has taken down the pricing/pre-order options for the Grant Morrison Superman Omnibus? I can't find any news of it having been canceled, but with DC cutting back on their print publishing, this is making me nervous. That was gonna be my first Day 1 Omnibus buy, dammit.
I'm noticing a lot of delays on the omnibus front, so maybe it's just caught up in that? I had my eye on the Batwoman one they're releasing, which was supposed to come out this June... and then next March... and now next October.

I'm noticing a lot of delays on the omnibus front, so maybe it's just caught up in that? I had my eye on the Batwoman one they're releasing, which was supposed to come out this June... and then next March... and now next October.
There's an upcoming Batwoman omnibus based on Rucka's New 52 run? Why did you not mention this to me before??? :D

There's an upcoming Batwoman omnibus based on Rucka's New 52 run? Why did you not mention this to me before??? :D
Elegy, Cutter, and Williams' New 52 run... plus the first annual from that other run. :hehe: The cover's not a bad pick, it's very nice, but I do wish they had gone for another one. Personally, given what it covers, I think issues 20, 19, or 17 would have been the best picks for it. Especially 17, that's my personal favourite, found a place to get it printed out and framed last year.

DC's Newest Flash Is A Non-Binary Speedster
New Teen Justice Team Debuts In DC’s Very Merry Multiverse

Elegy, Cutter, and Williams' New 52 run... plus the first annual from that other run. :hehe: The cover's not a bad pick, it's very nice, but I do wish they had gone for another one. Personally, given what it covers, I think issues 20, 19, or 17 would have been the best picks for it. Especially 17, that's my personal favourite, found a place to get it printed out and framed last year.
#17 is indeed great. I've always been fond of #6 (was my Google profile photo for years) and I also like Amy Reeder's cover for #8.

Hmm, I don't remember reading Cutter storyline... I'll look into it.

I finally started reading Batman Dark Victory last night. I've been hesitant to start this because I remember thinking Long Halloween was pretty slow in the beginning.
I got through the prologue and The first chapter and I Really like it so far, hopefully I will be able to read some more tonight.
I Really like the Catwoman design for both this and The Long Halloween.

I finally started reading Batman Dark Victory last night. I've been hesitant to start this because I remember thinking Long Halloween was pretty slow in the beginning.
I got through the prologue and The first chapter and I Really like it so far, hopefully I will be able to read some more tonight.
I Really like the Catwoman design for both this and The Long Halloween.
I actually prefer Dark Victory to The Long Halloween. I recommend the Catwoman sidequel When in Rome (by the same team) as well.

I actually prefer Dark Victory to The Long Halloween. I recommend the Catwoman sidequel When in Rome (by the same team) as well.
I couldn't find any physical copies of that one, but I've added it to my list on Comixology.

I mean, I did find a good deal on Haunted Knight Absolute (When in Rome is included in that one) but that would ruin the look on my shelf because my TLH and DV books are in paperbacks :D

I couldn't find any physical copies of that one, but I've added it to my list on Comixology.

I mean, I did find a good deal on Haunted Knight Absolute (When in Rome is included in that one) but that would ruin the look on my shelf because my TLH and DV books are in paperbacks :D
Understood! :yay:

I agree that DV is better than TLH and WiR is definitely a good companion read.

I still haven't read HK. Though, I'll have to find the old paperback edition since my TLH and DV copies are both the old editions. Like @gohei_, it would ruin my shelves because of the new DC logo on the spine... :D

I still haven't read HK. Though, I'll have to find the old paperback edition since my TLH and DV copies are both the old editions. Like @gohei_, it would ruin my shelves because of the new DC logo on the spine... :D
I own the deluxe hardcovers of Crisis on Infinite Earths and the three companion volumes - but Crisis has the previous DC logo and the companions have the current one! It bugs the heck out of me every time I see it!

I agree that DV is better than TLH and WiR is definitely a good companion read.

I have the new edition paperbacks and they do not have the same DC logo lol. But they do have this Nice matte Kinda Rubber texture in the cover.

I have the new edition paperbacks and they do not have the same DC logo lol. But they do have this Nice matte Kinda Rubber texture in the cover.
Yeah, my paperbacks (new editions) for the whole Preacher series are like that.

I don't know if DC is still doing it today or it was just experimental for a few books.

Yeah, my paperbacks (new editions) for the whole Preacher series are like that.

I don't know if DC is still doing it today or it was just experimental for a few books.
Yeah I have no idea, don't think I've seen any other books like that.

I might jump back into comics in Jan. Haven't picked up a book really since Bendis ruined Superman.

The last floppies I bought were Ghost Rider and the Death's Head mini. I have been keeping up with books and I have no idea how Ghost Rider gets ****canned but Spider-Woman can still be printed when the comic is complete ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"