The Offical Final Fantasy Thread

And then there's Penance as well. Did you max out sphere grids in any of your previous play throughs? The Dark Aeons offer a lot of excuses to grind ridiculous amounts of Sphere Levels :D

Do you mean a characters personal sphere grid or the grid in its entirety? I pretty much finished everyones own grid by the time I hit Zanarkand. Right now I'm working on the Celestial weapons (Yuna, Wakkas, Rikkus, Kimarhi's and Aurons) and basically making Yuna a beast with Holy and doublecasting all the heavy black magics for 1MP each. Man, **** the conditions for the rest of those weapons though, Tidus won't be getting his and Lulu has no chance. I guess I'll be making my own stuff to even try to take down the dark aeons though, I'll have to be checking the Faqs for that. :p

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward To Release On June 23

Earlier this morning, Square Enix hosted a Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward presentation at PAX East, where they revealed that the upcoming expansion will release on June 23, along with a recap and another look at what’s to come.

[YT]r9OpI7Muvho[/YT]

The above video demonstrates a walkthrough of the Ishgard region. It also shows us a little look at what it’s like to fly, which they’ll add in the expansion as well.

During the event, a Mac version was confirmed and dated alongside the Heavensward expansion. Pre-orders will begin on March 16 for Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, and an early access for it will be around June 19ish, a few days prior to its release on June 23rd.

Source

Listen To Some Of Final Fantasy Type-0′s English Voicework. March 9, 2015 . 4:31pm
An English trailer for Final Fantasy Type-0 shows off the English voicework from the game.

An English trailer for Final Fantasy Type-0 shows off the English voicework from the game. You can watch it below.

[YT]yD64U9QL59c[/YT]

Final Fantasy Type-0 will be released on March 17th in North America and March 20th in Europe.

Read more stories about Final Fantasy Type-0 HD & PlayStation 4 & Videos & Xbox One on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Former Square Enix President On How The Company’s Cloud Tech Will Help Game Design. March 13, 2015 . 12:30pm

Yoichi Wada, formerly the president of Square Enix and now the president of their streaming venture Shinra Technologies, discussed the advantages of cloud technology for developers.

Speaking with Gamasutra, Yoichi Wada, formerly the president of Square Enix and now the president of their streaming venture Shinra Technologies, discussed the advantages of cloud technology for game development, and his personal vision for what sorts of games would benefit most from Shinra’s services.

As previously reported, one of Shinra’s goals is to make it easier for other developers to prototype their games by using their cloud servers, since those are able to provide a developer with more hardware resources than a regular PC or console would.

Wada says that he feels this is best-suited to games with “fully-realized game worlds”.

“In terms of what I’d like to see, well…game design in general is sort of a simulation of reality, even the ones that aren’t ‘simulation’ games,” he says. “So like, 25 or 30 years ago, when computer games initially appeared, the goal was to make images, graphics and animation that were closer and closer to reality. Networked gaming also brought games closer to reality, because it allowed people to see other players moving around.”

“However, one thing that still isn’t reality yet is a fully-realized game world—worlds players can explore like nature. So for example, when a tsunami or tidal wave happens [in a game], it just happens as a scripter writes it to—when the script triggers, the tidal wave happens, and not before. With Shinra, we can change that.”

Shinra recently announced that one of their first partnerships is with Camouflaj LLC, the developers of Republique, who are making use of the company’s cloud technology in some way. Further details have yet to be announced.

Read more stories about Shinra Technologies on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Do you mean a characters personal sphere grid or the grid in its entirety? I pretty much finished everyones own grid by the time I hit Zanarkand. Right now I'm working on the Celestial weapons (Yuna, Wakkas, Rikkus, Kimarhi's and Aurons) and basically making Yuna a beast with Holy and doublecasting all the heavy black magics for 1MP each. Man, **** the conditions for the rest of those weapons though, Tidus won't be getting his and Lulu has no chance. I guess I'll be making my own stuff to even try to take down the dark aeons though, I'll have to be checking the Faqs for that. :p

Oh I meant in it's entirety. The Dark Aeons don't require it, but Penance basically demands that your entire party is doing 99,999 on all hits. A lot of people customize their grid by wiping out +1 stats and replacing them with +4 (I think +4 is the highest for Str etc) stats instead to max stats.

I'm not sure if you've used it before but there's a trick with the Master Tonberry at the Monster Arena that you can use to get infinite S. Levels, that's a pretty key part of prepping for the Dark Aeons :up:

Yeah so I beat Sin and I was really over-leveled for him, three hits to kill Jecht and I tried Dark Valefor and got my ass kicked...

*sigh* Time to grind. :p

Yeah so I beat Sin and I was really over-leveled for him, three hits to kill Jecht and I tried Dark Valefor and got my ass kicked...

*sigh* Time to grind. :p

[YT]u0HE4glnWcY[/YT]

Get your characters yoked :mnm:

Disclaimer: It wasn't Master Tonberry at the Monster Arena place, it's Don Tonberry. Grinding normally at some dungeon can work, but this'll boost how quickly you get there quite a bit.

Oh I meant in it's entirety. The Dark Aeons don't require it, but Penance basically demands that your entire party is doing 99,999 on all hits. A lot of people customize their grid by wiping out +1 stats and replacing them with +4 (I think +4 is the highest for Str etc) stats instead to max stats.

I'm not sure if you've used it before but there's a trick with the Master Tonberry at the Monster Arena that you can use to get infinite S. Levels, that's a pretty key part of prepping for the Dark Aeons :up:

I was doing that at first but he was still too hard to beat legitimately and the battle can run close to an hour and requires intense party management. I eventually gave up and just bribed him for the win! LOL

Just reading this makes me know that I will never do this thing even if I do eventually get X/X-2 HD.

[YT]u0HE4glnWcY[/YT]

Get your characters yoked :mnm:

Disclaimer: It wasn't Master Tonberry at the Monster Arena place, it's Don Tonberry. Grinding normally at some dungeon can work, but this'll boost how quickly you get there quite a bit.

Thanks. The best I have is double ap now but I'll give it a whirl until my guys are strong enough/good enough equipment to fight One-Eye and win. :csad:

Thanks. The best I have is double ap now but I'll give it a whirl until my guys are strong enough/good enough equipment to fight One-Eye and win. :csad:

An alternative to One-Eye is to get 99 Doors to Tomorrow by unlocking 6 Area Conquest monsters at the Monster Arena. Then you can use 10 of those on the Double AP weapon (if it has an open slot) and then you should be on your way to getting crazy S Levels for at least one of your characters. It might be a pain to unlock those 6 Area creations, I can't quite remember how difficult that was.

I was doing that at first but he was still too hard to beat legitimately and the battle can run close to an hour and requires intense party management. I eventually gave up and just bribed him for the win! LOL

Haha you can bribe him? I wasn't aware of that. I lost my save about half way through the Dark Aeons so I just vicariously watched Penance fights on Youtube :dry: I was too salty from losing the save to even contemplate restarting after logging like 90 hours. I'm considering it now with the X/X-2 collection being out for PS3 though

I'll probably go the bribe route too then :D

Haha you can bribe him? I wasn't aware of that. I lost my save about half way through the Dark Aeons so I just vicariously watched Penance fights on Youtube :dry: I was too salty from losing the save to even contemplate restarting after logging like 90 hours. I'm considering it now with the X/X-2 collection being out for PS3 though

I'll probably go the bribe route too then :D
I got confused earlier. Just a clarification, I just consulted the trophy guide and got Penance, confused with Nemesis. I did beat Penance the normal way on my own. It was Nemesis who is the actual hardest boss, that I had to pay to defeat. You dont bribe him, but rather use your money to pay Yojimbo to use Zanmato on him which is a one hit kill on anyone. Its a cheap tactic but after nearly 200 hours doing everything else, I was ready to be done.

I got confused earlier. Just a clarification, I just consulted the trophy guide and got Penance, confused with Nemesis. I did beat Penance the normal way on my own. It was Nemesis who is the actual hardest boss, that I had to pay to defeat. You dont bribe him, but rather use your money to pay Yojimbo to use Zanmato on him which is a one hit kill on anyone. Its a cheap tactic but after nearly 200 hours doing everything else, I was ready to be done.

I'm pretty sure Penance is suppose to be harder, since he was added in International and Nemesis was in the vanilla FFX.

I'm pretty sure Penance is suppose to be harder, since he was added in International and Nemesis was in the vanilla FFX.

then Im confused again...lol. Whichever it was, the actual hardest (which I guess is Penance), required Yojimbo to kill

Nemesis was the boss you had to get all the Calm Lands beast stuff for. I know he was in vanilla FFX. I mean, I never played International or HD, so I don't know much about it, but Penance was the one that was added with the Dark Aeons, I know, so I assume it's suppose to be harder.

I messed around with Omega and killed him and Ultima off without really trying... The only way to level up now are to capture stuff. Bah! That takes forever. :( On the plus side I have a bunch already because I'm crazy like that. I think I'm just missing a few from every area except the easy ones like the Calm Lands and the first few places and one of my guys is hitting for 50k+ as long as his health stays up.

Behind The Scenes Of Final Fantasy X’s Kiss Scene. March 16, 2015 . 3:00am

Siliconera spoke with Visual Works director Kazuyuki Ikumori where he talked creating Final Fantasy X’s memorable kiss scene and the challenge of working with a staff that didn’t have much experience with romance.

Behind many of Square Enix’s blockbusters is Visual Works, a fully owned subsidiary that specializes in making movies scenes for games like Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and since the Eidos acquisition Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Siliconera spoke with Visual Works director Kazuyuki Ikumori and he talked about some of the most memorable scenes he had a hand in creating.

"There are so many memorable ones it’s really difficult to come up with an answer. I’ll tell you some of the ones that come to mind. The one that invoked the most emotion was the kiss scene from Final Fantasy X just because I put so much of my heart and soul into that project," Ikumori reminisced. "Final Fantasy XIV 1.0’s trailer is another because the team came to me and said, ‘Make a trailer and you can do what you with the monsters that appear in it.’ Because I’m a huge Malboro fan, I decided to include a Malboro in it. Also, the Final Fantasy III DS intro. The team came to me and said, ‘Could you make an intro? We’ll leave it to you!’ I had complete creative freedom and I loved that."

Getting romance right in a video game with 3D models is a complicated. You have to avoid the pitfall of the uncanny valley and show chemistry between characters. I asked Ikumori what it was like working on the scene and what challenges the team at Visual Works had to overcome.

[YT]DnSEFRdNE8E[/YT]

"For the Final Fantasy X kiss scene, a lot of our animators were not that experienced with romance. We were thinking how do we make this look real? How do we make people get teary eyed in that scene? We went around and asked younger staff at Square Enix showing them what we made and asked them is this real? Is this emotional? And then, we would take that feedback in and make changes when necessary," Ikumori answered. "My philosophy is if you don’t know you ask people who are going to end up consuming [what you create] and then you take in that feedback."

"I remember remaking and touching up that scene multiple times. One of the things that I remember was the size of the smile, especially their actions and movements before or after the kiss. I remember a lot of our female staff members would say ‘That’s unnatural,’ ‘That’s not believable,’ or ‘That’s not accurate.’ We remade this a lot of times because our female employees said, “no, no, no you guys don’t get it,” Ikumori laughed.

Read more stories about Final Fantasy X HD & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita on Siliconera.

Also with

[YT]nX5RZN05-hw[/YT]
Final Fantasy Type-0 Secret Movie Teases Sequel With Japanese Supernatural Mythology Influence

News
on Mar 16, 2015 at 04:27 PM

The secret movie from Final Fantasy Type-0 HD has been uploaded to Youtube and teases a follow-up influenced by Japanese supernatural mythology.
... More

source: Siliconera &GI

I wonder how many people are getting Type 0 just for the XV demo

I only know one person who's getting it, and yes, he told me that was the main reason. It seems to be a pretty substantial demo from what I've read, though, like 3-4 hours worth of material, so there's...that?

Wow..that was..something. The summons have been pretty underwhelming in the latest FF games, but that was awesome.

On topic of FF X, I was never able to beat Penance "legit". Beat all the dark aeons and Nemesis, but Penance was just too much. I was pretty close, but then I figured I had to grind some more items (99 dark matters or something, can't remember because it's been so long) for one character and pretty much gave up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"