The Official God of War Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd imagine it's the artist's idea of what Kratos would be like should he go on to replace Zeus.

he looks like santa claus in this pic

oldkratos.jpg

I kinda see Kratos as being ageless, never quite getting old and I hope he never does

I kinda see him as dead after III :p

Not really, he's not.

Or is he? Maybe. Or maybe not. I'm pretty sure.

These things don't need reviews though, really. The ability to play 2 of the best GoW games in HD with dualshock and trophy support? Sign me up.

One thing mentioned in the reveiew thats upsetting is that you cant switch between games. You have to switch out to the XMB and reload it. I beleive the Sly one did that and it was annoying.

Anyways, Ive been playing GoS for close to a year now. Maybe now I will finally finish it

Is this going to be available to download through the PSN?
Or is the disc the only option?

Is this going to be available to download through the PSN?
Or is the disc the only option?
Disc for now but I woudlnt be surprised if it was downloadable in a few months. Thats the way they handled the first GoW collection

Found the teaser online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOwCvW_4x_k&NR=1. Thought it was fake til I checked SHH and saw that GOWIV actually is rumored to be in development. I was kinda burned out by 3, but I won't buy IV until sometime in 2013, so I'll be ready for some more brutal god-killing action by then.

For some seconds I really thought it was the real deal. It's probably fan made.
That was footage from Ghost of Sparta and in the end it has a scene of the third game. Amazing how no one on Youtube recognized it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baE08oulUu8

It's definitely fan made. The internet would be blowing up right now if GoWIV had been in any way officially hinted at.

Blowing up I say!

There has to be another one coming i mean if Microsoft can add another 3 Halo's i don't know why Sony Can't especially seeing the after credits scene of GOW3

But everything is destroyed. It literally came to an end. Where do they go now?
Unless they go with another mythologies, like Nordic, which would be interesting to see, at least.

I'd like to know what Santa Monica Studios is planning, right now. They could work on a new epic action-adventure ip.

There has to be another one coming i mean if Microsoft can add another 3 Halo's i don't know why Sony Can't especially seeing the after credits scene of GOW3
Not every series needs pump out an indefinite amount of titles. After 5 games, I think Kratos is done and they should retire him. The gamep-lay mechanics themself havent even evolved much and its been more of the same, game after game. Let the Santa Monica team move onto a new IP and grow creatively as a studio. I dont think GoW needs to be revisted again anytime soon. Throw it in the vault and lets get somethnig new

I would love SM to work on something new. So much talent there. I wouldn't mind a GOW on Vita, but I agree that it should be retired from home consoles.

I think Santa Monica Can work on a new IP but that shouldn't mean that they should let go of a really good franchise that has carried over the past two generations I believe they can work on two good IP's at the Same Time like Insomniac has done with the Ratchet Series and Resistance series

God of War Origins Collection is up for download in the PSN for $39.99.

That is not a GoW reveal and I cant beleive people are running with that

Well it would be interesting to see a fresu new take on the series. Kind Of like the new devil may cry

thinking about picking up GOW 3 for XMAS.....

do I need to play any of the other GOW games to enjoy ( and understand ) GOW 3?

To enjoy...no, because GOW3 is freaking awesome and you'll have a blast.
To understand, yeah, pretty much, so you can see why they're doing what they're doing. Also, God of War III picks up immediately after the big cliffhanger of the second game, so I think it would be good to play the first two games before you get the third.

You should get the HD collection of GOW1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"