The Official PS4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll actually use the share stuff now. I hated the way it'd pull you out of the game before.

Havok, I did read your description.

I just wasn't sure if the UI present in the new pics represents the refreshed UI.

they said it would be mostly the same, with some tweaks and a "fresh coat of paint", but what was shown in the pics looks pretty much the same, aside from Folders.

Havok, I did read your description.

I just wasn't sure if the UI present in the new pics represents the refreshed UI.

they said it would be mostly the same, with some tweaks, but what was shown in the pics looks pretty much the same, aside from Folders.

Exactly. The UI is the same. The refresh is the added functionality to it. They describe it in detail in terms of the new backgrounds, icons, tabs and folder options. It wasnt redesigned; just improved

Exactly. The UI is the same. The refresh is the added functionality to it. They describe it in detail in terms of the new backgrounds, icons, tabs and folder options

ah. well I was hoping/expecting a bit more visual difference. the icons and tabs look pretty much the same to me and they said there would be new/tweaked versions.

well, as long as they add custom themes/wallpapers, I'll be happy.

Pics of the PS4 slim

CqZ6Js0UEAEnUg2.jpg

CqZ6_nIUsAAxge1.jpg

CqZ6_LEVIAECEmi.jpg

$_58.JPG

$_58.JPG

Looks cool I like the glossy look on the original though and it seems the blue light is gone

I wish there was a better view of the back from what I saw on the Sony PS forum there is no view that shows that they still have an optical out jack which what most including me use to plug our headphones in for chat.

I don't like that the blue light is gone if this is indeed real.

I wish there was a better view of the back from what I saw on the Sony PS forum there is no view that shows that they still have an optical out jack which what most including me use to plug our headphones in for chat.

Huh? Most use the DS4 for headset voice chat

so......Slim and Neo announced September 7?

I wonder if the Slim offers any additional features beyond the smaller size......

Huh? Most use the DS4 for headset voice chat

a lot of the headsets out there use a combo of a USB port and the rear optical port like the Turtle Beach and similar models. Sony has been cracking down on more and more headsets not working with the DS4 via the 1/8" jack on the bottom of the controller.

a lot of the headsets out there use a combo of a USB port and the rear optical port like the Turtle Beach and similar models. Sony has been cracking down on more and more headsets not working with the DS4 via the 1/8" jack on the bottom of the controller.

Those are more niche though and definitely not what most users have

Speaking of which, I cant beleive this thing still has only 2 USB ports, especially with them about to launch PSVR

^ yeah. hopefully the Neo has more than 2 USB ports.

I like that design more than the original. No interest in getting one. My PS4 works just fine.

yeah I agree if somebody out there who does not have one they would be fine with this. but I do not see the need to replace mine with that one. the only reason why I upgraded from my Xbox One to the S model was mine was bought used, and I really wanted a new unmolested one plus I like that you could get up to a 2TB drive in it (I went with the 1TB model).

I saw more pics of it on a guy on Twitter it looks like the optical jack IS on this new model it is on the left side in the recess towards the back. Still it IS growing on me, but I am quite happy with my matte black model that I got that came with the Uncharted Collection back in the fall of last year.

I do like that it has actual buttons on the front. The touch **** the OG PS4 has drives me crazy sometimes.

um the later fat models have physical buttons too instead of the touch sensitive ones.

Ah. Didn't know that. Mine has the touch sensors.

yeah the later models that ditched the glossy black HD cover for a matte one was the ones that had em (UC collection bundle, UC4 Bundle etc).

So is this slim the PS4.5 that does 4k and stuff? Or just a slightly leaner version of the original?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"