The Official PS4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was weird. About to play the event, then I get disc error. Then my PS4 freezes. Now the disc makes all kinds of weird noises.
damn. That is weird. The closest thing like that's ever happened to me was getting kicked out of playing iss

Seems to be working now *knocks on wood*.
I've yet to have my PS4 freeze on me *knock on wood* but I have had a couple error messages come up. Hope it's smooth sailing from here for you. :up:

At long last I got to play a game with a SHH buddy. Let's play again some time thunder :cool::shr:

It's weird, sometimes I put the disc in, and it acts fine, other times it sounds like it's reading, and reading, and reading.

Good for them. I wonder what the number would be if they included the PSP and Vita numbers

holy moley, that is truly remarkable. but yeah, once we factor in all platforms, sony is at 460m shipments and nintendo is at a whopping 681m.

so playstation may be the strongest console brand, but nintendo is still the strongest video game brand overall.

The PSP broke 100 million, or at least I thought it did, so shouldn't that be 470+ million? Unless the joke about Vita achieving negative sells is true, anyway.

The PSP broke 100 million, or at least I thought it did, so shouldn't that be 470+ million? Unless the joke about Vita achieving negative sells is true, anyway.
units sold are around 80 million, so I don't think so

Wow, really? Huh, I swear I had always read that it just squeaked over 100 million. Oh well, 80 million is still pretty impressed, though, considering it was their first handheld ever and probably the first non-Nintendo one on the market since...Game Gear, maybe? Wonderswan may have been after that in Japan, I don't remember.

Wow, really? Huh, I swear I had always read that it just squeaked over 100 million. Oh well, 80 million is still pretty impressed, though, considering it was their first handheld ever and probably the first non-Nintendo one on the market since...Game Gear, maybe? Wonderswan may have been after that in Japan, I don't remember.
80 million units sold is an impressive number on its own but if you compare it to its competitor (which sold nearly double that and is right under the Ps2 as second place in best selling game platform, hell it's so close i might call it a tie) one could even call the PsP a failure.

Well, they could, but they'd be wrong.

with the PsP maybe yeah. would you agree that the vita is one though?

Yeah, I think most can agree to that from a sales perspective.

I agree, but I think sony aimed to have results similar to the ds.

I highly doubt it. I'm sure there was a goal of outselling the DS, but only in the sense of wanting to outsell their competitor, but there's no way they set a real goal of 150 million units or whatever and considered the device a failure if it didn't reach that. Unless they bled a lot of money for each PSP sold like they did with the PS3, I don't see how anyone could honestly see the PSP as a failure in any sense.

I accidentally ended up deleting all my downloaded games trying uninstall GTA V, because the main missions aren't loading. What is this application data that keeps popping up when I redownload the games? Takes forever as there's so much data.

I accidentally ended up deleting all my downloaded games trying uninstall GTA V, because the main missions aren't loading. What is this application data that keeps popping up when I redownload the games? Takes forever as there's so much data.
I think those are game updates to those specific games. Sounds like you're mostly digital, if that's the case I don't think you have a choice but to download them since you have to be online to redownload them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"